Go Bottom Go Bottom

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
BrianC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-23          53648

Hi guys,
Been a few weeks but I have a tractor. I basically fell into a sweet deal on a L2201DT with scraper blade and finish mower for next to nothing. I realize it is a grey market tractor but..... Guy needed the money and gave me a GREAT deal. It has ag. tires now but I am looking for turf tires (w/rims if able to.)
Any places for good deals on tires and wheels for this tractor? Also, what problems in service/parts should I expect for the grey market thing?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
johnfundy

2003-04-23          53650

Brian,

What size tires/rims do you need? How many bolt holes? Is the tractor 4WD? We probably need answers to these questions so we can help.

John Fundy

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-26          53798

Brian -

Grey market...so long as you can identify what it is, the parts probably will be available somewhere if you need them. As John mentioned, we need a little more info on your unit,(tractor that is). Is it 2wd or 4wd? This will make a difference when deciding on tire sizes.

As for tires and wheels, I do not know exactly where Bergen is, however, there has been positive feedback from Morgan regarding a place in Sharon Springs by the name of "MacFaddens". ( www.MacFaddens.com )

Willie H. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
marklugo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-28          53938

If this is not a private individual, it is illegal to sell grey market Kubotas any longer in the US. He and you would be breaking the law, if this a first hand Grey. A court injunction from Kubota with severe penalties lurks out there. Be advised that it may not be wise to pursue this. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-04-28          53957

Mark is right...grey market units can potentially present interesting legal ramifications, however, it sounds like the one you found is from a private sale. Question though for my own curiousity...What does this "L" unit compare to in normal orange model numbers? Just curious

Willie H. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
smokey2

2003-05-10          54623

Nothing wrong with greys just stops you yanks getting cheap Kubota's and us Aussies, Cannadians and Europeans pick up a good value. Enough said anyway and I do bot wish to pursue a discussion on the evil of greys ruinning the world economy. Kubota US was also the company that got into trouble for rebadging Made in Japan units as made in USA in US law courts a while back.
Someone on another list suggested using used off road auto or truck tyres as a cheap substitute for tractor lawn tyres. OK for me as my B7001 uses 16 inch rims. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
slowrev

2003-05-10          54627

Hey guys isn't the grey market tractor thing contrary to the free market competition thingy attitude that we Americans seem to be proud of ? It seems very anti competitive to me and just serves a couple of tractor companies, not the American consumers.
I mean after all they are all imports, it is not like we are protecting American manufacturing jobs or anything like that. Just seem to be protecting the profits for a couple of tractor companies.

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
BrianC

2003-05-12          54706

WHOA! Guys, all I wanted to know was is there a website or local reatailer/dealer (western New York) that might have some good prices on tires/rims. I KNOW it is a grey market tractor. I did my home work, trust me. I probably would not have gone for the grey market tractor but I got a really good deal on entire package. I did get it from an individual.
Actually, never mind I asked. Ive checked around and found tires and rims locally for good price. Dealer says no problem for parts or servive.
SHEESH! ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
Murf

2003-05-12          54710

Brian, there is a dealer, selling from his house I believe, who does nothing but Asian Grey Market units in the Niagara Falls area, selling to the orchard operators mostly. With the US/Cdn. exchange and all it might be worth the drive, since Greys are legal in Canada parts are plentiful, especially in the Fruit belt there.

If I find his name I will post it for you.

Best of luck. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-05-12          54716

Brian, If that local source dries up I can point you toward some web sites for tires and wheels. ....

Grey market tractor

View my Photos
BrianC

2003-05-12          54755

Thanks guys,
Actually, the one in the Falls is one that I had looked into. Only an hours drive. Im not in any need of parts but wanted to cover myself if i needed something in hurry, so far seems like should not be a problem. Local dealer is very helpful and has given me some tips.
Thanks
P.S. I LOVE the tractor, I have done a LOT of work with it already. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login