Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need a HST filter for L4310 online

View my Photos
Kevin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-23          53633

I need a HST oil filter for a Kubota L4310. My local dealer wants $58.00 for one! Anyone know of a cheaper place I can order one online>

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
BigM

2003-04-23          53656

Tractorsmart.com is the place. $46.85 plus shipping. I order my oil & filters there. Fast shipping and friendly too! ....

View my Photos
HAROLD10

2003-08-28          62824

WAIT TILL YOU NEED A PART KUBOTA IS SKY HIGH AND ARE HAVING PARTS SHORTAGES ....

View my Photos
LOYDF

2003-08-28          62825

I NEEDED A GEAR FOR A SHUTTLE ON A 30 HP KUBOTA
IT WAS 1500.00 NOT INSTALLES ON 700 HOURS ON IT

View my Photos
Billy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-28          62828

Wix and other companies need to get into the tractor HST filter business. I paid $34 for the HST filter for my JD. Someone is making some profit here. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-08-28          62831

Kevin, can you post a part # ? Ronnie over at tractorsmart.com had the best prices I could find and he was EXTREMELY helpful with manuals and advice on my L245. I tried running the part # from the tractorsmart page on the John Deere parts web site and did not get any hits. The HST filters are not cheap on any of these tractors. I paid $37.50 for mine on my Deere 4410. Have you checked with White Farm Supply? Maybe Art can give you a better price? Give him a try and see. ....

View my Photos
Glenn-D
Posts: 54 Westmont, Illinois, summer home in Mountain Home Ar.

2003-08-28          62847

http://www.wixfilters.com
Do a crossover and hit an O'Reilly or Pep Boys.
From the Wix number you can go to Fram's site
and cross it to a Fram if you have to. Worked
for me anyway.

View my Photos
Chief

2003-08-29          62860

Question you need to ask yourself is how much are you really saving by using a filter that may possibly not meet Kubota specs? You may save what........ $10 on a filter you may change once in 5 years? Here is an example of what I am speaking of. If you use a Fram or Wix filter on my Cummins engine and there is an oil related failure, you are up the creek without a paddle. Use the correct and specified filters . ....

Link:   Link to Filter TSB

View my Photos
Glenn-D

2003-08-29          62869

I get your point Chief, but if the warranty is expired there is no one to complain to anyway. As long as a filter meets factory specs I do believe a warranty would have to be honored anyway. This has been proven over and over in automobile repairs that were done on a vechicle under warranty by a "non factory authorized" mechanic or the use of aftermarket parts. I am speculating but willing to make a sizeable bet that K does not make their own filters. In fact the wix crossover number is identical to the K part number and they appear to have the same construction. Hell, their both painted white too.
Glenn ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-08-29          62880

Glenn did you ever think there was a real reason for them to say they wouldn't cover it under warrantee was it wouldn't do it's job!!! ....

View my Photos
Glenn-D

2003-08-29          62886

Hi Art,
I didn't read the TSB on Chiefs Dodge untill after I made my last post. Thats gotta be a bummer. My whole point is/was that when I buy a new car I do not go back to the dealer for filters or oil. I changed the trans fluid in my Suburban at 30,000 miles and used a Pioneer filter and Castrol Dextron III fluid. I do expect the warranty to be valid. On the other hand I was in a tizzy when I could not find Super UDT for my BX22. No specification was given for a replacement and I was not going to take a chance of possible damage. I guess it all depends how much risk and exposure to aggravation a person is willing to accept. At 117 hours I have Rotella 15-40 and a Wix filter on my engine. The trans has Super UDT and a Kubota filter. Call me nuts, I'm comfortable with it :-)
Glenn ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-02          63058

The suggested retail for the Kubota filter is just over $30. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-02          63062

Well...... there ya go! Art has already beat the original posted price by $28. How much do you sell the filters for Art? Should be more than worth the shipping cost for that price.

Use the RIGHT (specified)filter for that application. The money you save on a filter that you may replace once in 5 years is not worth the risk of hundreds if not thousands of dollars for repair cost if the filter does not meet specs. or fails. That is the reason I posted the link to the TSB. The Cummins HO engine is a $5,200 option .......... I use the Cummins specified Fleetguard Stratapore 3894 filters on it. I have priced other filters but the small savings is not worth the risk. I do the same with my 4410. My dealer gives me a damn good price on parts so I buy there. Anyway, I hate to sound like a broken record. Just don't want to see you do something you may regret with your brand new Kub. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-02          63063

Glenn, the only fluid I have found that crosses with Super UDT is Chevron All Weather THF. I can send you the specs if you like.

Might also interest you to know that my closest Kubota dealer pours JD HyGard in all the Kubota's that come in for service and another 45 miles down the road uses nothing but Case fluids in all the Kubota's he services. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-02          63071

Mark, the oil, all manufacturers say there oil is compatable. Or should I adjust that statement to say they all would test well enough to meet the meager tests provided. Not to the equipment. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-09-02          63072

I guess the point I was getting at is that cross referencing a filter that fits may not be the same spec filter with respect to the job it does. If another brand is designed for and meets the spec. for the use that the OEM filter does. You should be fine. Sorry, guess I should have been more clear on that. The same applys with the oil used as well. If it has been tested and meets or exceeds the OEM spec. you should be fine. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-09-02          63083

Art, Believe me, I am not advocating the position of the local dealers.

I only point out that they seem to get away with what they are doing. As authorized warranty repair stations I would hope they would be responsible for any screw-ups.

When I could not find Super UDT within 150 miles I used the Chevron stuff. I could be a fool, but it seemed reasonable to trust a company of that size. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-02          63086

Mark, I know what they are doing I just choose not to. There are two filters used on that tractor. One is 30.10 and the other is 52.42 for the hydro. That is a cast shell unit do to the pressure used in that unit. Shipping is a variable so it would be tough to quote. We do give discounts of up to 20% on quanities of two dozen. ....

View my Photos
Glenn-D

2003-09-02          63089

Holy smokes Art, I almost choked on my Marlboro. 2 dozen filters all at one time? Seriously, email me with what you get for 2 hst filters for a bx22. I would like to have spare or 2 on the shelf. Thanks. Glenn ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-09-02          63103

Glen, I'll catch it at work in the morning. The breakes begin at a dozen and go up. It doesn't have to be one type filter it can be and normally is a mixed assortment of air engine and hydraulic. Sorry about the Marlboro's, I was stunned too! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login