Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
Glenn D
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-26          50126

Hello all.
I have decided a BX22 is in my near future and have begun to price shop. I am west of Chicago and do not mind doing some travel for the right deal. Anyone out there recomend a midwest dealer?
Many thanks....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
CraigLT

2003-03-02          50372

I'm on the East Coast, but I've found that you should be able to get a BX22 w 54 MMM for about $16,500. I actually think you can get it for better than that so I'm still looking around myself. Hope that helps. Let me know what pricing you find.

Thanks,
Craig ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
Glenn-D
Posts: 54 Westmont, Illinois, summer home in Mountain Home Ar.

2003-03-02          50382

Hello Craig, I am still shopping but have found a couple of places who are willing to deal. A long distance call is only 5 cents a minuite so I been burning up the lines. Drop me an email direct and I can share what I found. A couple are pretty close at 15,500 - 16,000 out the door for the bare TLB setup.
Glenn-D ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
John Wally

2003-03-02          50384

Hey guys, check out Carver Equipment on the web, www.carverequipment.com I just got my BX22TLB for a great deal! ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
Glenn-D

2003-03-02          50387

Hi John,
I'm gonna get with Carver tomorrow and see what they can do. Thanks for the pointer. The Kubotas are darn near bullet-proof and I spent 11 years as a truck mechanic much earlier in my life so the chance of a dealer ever seeing it again are next to nil. :-)
Glenn ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
CV Wiggs

2003-03-02          50392

I was at the Home Show today in Fresno, CA. The Kubota Dealer at the show has a special. $15,600 for the BX22 (loader & back hoe included) and he will also throw in a box scraper if you buy by next Sat 3/8.

This was a rep from Pioneer Equipment in Fresno 559 486 7580 ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
John_Wally

2003-03-03          50435

Glenn, hope you got hold of Carver, they did me real good. Even the trucker who brought it north to me was great.
John ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
cvwiggs

2003-03-03          50436

So what are the pros and cons of a mid mount mower v.s. a brush hog? I'm not sure which I would rather have. ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
John_Wally

2003-03-03          50437

A brush (bush) hog is really meant for heavy cutting. I have a "Bush Hog" SQ-42 on my JD 445 (haven't tried yet on my BX22)and I mow over anything I can drive over. I take my 54MMM off for heavy use. I've been thru 2 inch diameter trees and over 6 feet high brush with no problem. The mower deck is just that. I did try to cut heavy stuff with the deck, but it chokes up pretty fast. I also have a rear mount "Woods" RM-42 mower. Again that is just a finish mower and it works good. Depending on what you really want to do is what you should buy.
John ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
jdavid

2003-03-03          50451

John. I was recently at our local kubota dealer. He has a new BX22 in the showroom.It has bar tires 4position valve and 12inch bucket.He will give you a good price on this unit.Give him a call.His name is Gary #1-800-285-3509.Good Luck. Jeff ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
Glenn-D

2003-03-04          50461

Hello John,
The folks at Carver did get back with a quote that
is certainly in the running.
Glenn ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
CraigLT

2003-03-04          50531

Hey Glenn, Just checking back. Looks like there's been a little more activity around this topic. All helpful info. I'll drop you an e-mail.

cvwiggs, Good question on the bush hog. I wasn't really sure on that either. I'm also unsure about the difference/purpose of a rear blade ans a box scraper? When would you use one versus the other? John any help here? Thanks in advance.

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-05          50544

Craig: A box-scraper is basically a heavy blade with end-plates, a scarifier bar and a rear cutter. However, box-scrapers don't have the tilts, angles and off-sets that are available on some blades.

Basically, box blades are good at cutting, dragging and spreading material. Blades are good at cutting and pushing material to the side. A blade with an offset and tilts also allows a tractor to work a ditch bank from the top.

Scarifiers loosen hard material and most boxes are heavier than blades to help cut hard material. Weight is good in both boxes and blades and lightweight ones don't cut much.

End-plates and scarifiers are available for some blades and a blade like that effectively turns into a box without a rear cutter.

I have a box because I do quite a bit of re-grading and need to move material from high places to low places or spread gravel, and I don't have to work ditch banks. However, I don't do enough re-grading to justify spending the money for what a good blade with end-plates and scarifiers costs. I do use the rear cutter (carefully) like a poor man's dozer quite a bit, but many blades can be rotated 180-degrees to cut backwards. The main thing is that boxes are heavy and fairly inexpensive compared to a fancy blade, which is probably what I really want.

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
NHrider

2003-04-21          53520

Hi Craig (or anyone else listening out there),

Can you email me where you found your best deals? I'm also on the east coast (NH). Best price as of today is 16900 for a BX22 w/54 MMM. Thanks in advance. ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-21          53538

That is not a bad price, what does the MMM cost in this quote? ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
NHrider

2003-04-22          53560

I asked what the price of a BX 22 was and the saleman replied $16900. I then asked is this your best price and he said yes but it is not necessarily all you get. He ended up throwing in the 54" MMM with little negotiating. I'm most likely going to see him Saturday. At that point I may try to negotiate a deal on a snowblower and/or landscape rake too as well. I need to grade and remove a lot of stone (all sizes) from my yard. What implement would work best? ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-22          53563

The retail on the 54 inch MMM is $1600 so your tractor price is about $15,300..... that is a great deal....

Rock removal; I have moved tons of them.
Once they are loosened up with the backhoe or whatever, you gotta pick them up and put them in the bucket.

If they are too big/heavy to lift then you get the bucket as close as possible and pry/lever them in. Either way, you are going to have to put your hands on them at some point. They don't "scoop up" very well.

Once in, then we can just drive to where we are dumping them and turn them loose.

In terms of grading, a box scraper is the best all around tool, but any blade on the 3ph is hard to control.

You can also buy a drag scraper which is ten times easier to use than a box scraper. I converted my box to a drag scraper. The wheels and towing gear come off in 5 minutes in case I want to use it as a 3 point tool again, but I am so thrilled by the way it works now that I may never convert it back again.

The front mounted snowblower requires a 4 position hydraulic control valve, so check to see the unit you are negotiating for has the correct valve. ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
cgnsat

2003-04-22          53565

Just read your rock removal bit...with a little cash you don't have to "pry them" in the fel. Being a 1st time tractor owner altogether, I guess I got lucky on my (spur of the moment) B7200 purchase. I have many large rocks and stumps I'm dealing with. I use my Woods backhoe to get 'em loose and above ground then use a grapple (that I had installed on the FEL) to grab 'em and tote away. Works great and far less expensive than the clamshell FEL arrangement I was considering (thanks to good advice from my dealer). Anyhow, can't say enough about the grapple. For a novice like me, sometimes operating the FEL effectively is hard; the grapple will close down on and literally pull dirt, stumps, rocks, etc right into the bucket for me...no need to try and finesse with speed and lift coordination.
My 2 cents...great board by the way, am learning a great deal. Richard ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
kb9khm

2003-04-23          53635

I just ordered a BX22 from Booth Machinery in Crawfordsville Indiana yesterday. The base BX22 TLB was $14,798. I also got the 40 amp alternator for $165, a woods 40" tiller for $1,529, a toothbar for the FEL for $230, and 3 hooks welded on the FEL for free. Total cost was $16,722. I feel like a got a really good deal. My salesmen was Gary Booth ... he was super to work with. So far so good. The tractor will be delivered Saturday, or early next week (waiting on the alternator) and the tiller and toothbar will take about 2 weeks. ....

Kubota BX22 Shopping

View my Photos
dmartin88

2003-04-23          53644

In Virginia, just ordered a BX22 with 60" mower deck for $15,900, couldn't find any units in stock anywhere near me so went ahead and placed an order with my local dealer. Unit is due in early May. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login