Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota parts avialability

View my Photos
Bob, Alaska
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-06-09          4892

I need help from people with Kubota tractors about product support. I am looking at a new B7300 w/front end loader, rototiller, and brush hog to work large garden and maintian about 4 acre plus scaped area. While looking at new tractors (used are hard to come by in Alaska), the Ford (New Holland) & John Deere dealers have both commented that the Kubota may be hard to find parts for later on. They both quoted experiences with this probem, and were both previously Kubota dealers. They both mentioned that each others line (J.D. & Ford) were very good products, and wouldn't have the parts problem, although each respectivily was the best. I realize that they are the competition, salespersons, & and sound like a mutual admeration society. My question is this; does the Kubota have a parts problem 5 years down the road? Do they continue to produce parts & support older models after they have been discontinued? Does anyone (and I supose this is the place to ask) have experience that could shed some light on this subject. It would certainly help me make a decission on which product to purchase. I do not mean to shed any bad light on Kubota, it is my first choice if support is equal or better than Ford/J.D. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bob

1999-06-09          4901

This doesn't answer the question directly, but Kubota is the World's largest producer of Compact Tractors, so I think its safe to say that parts will be around for some time to come ....

View my Photos
Joe

1999-06-09          4903

Deleted ....

View my Photos
dick

1999-06-09          4906

I have an 88 B9200. My local dealer who is relatively small keeps most of what I needed in stock. The one execption was wheel bearings/gears which he express ordered and had second day air.. From my perspective I don't have a parts problem with an 11 year old machine. ....

View my Photos
Tom M

1999-06-09          4911

With a Ford, parts avaiability would be essential as you're gonna need some. I just replaced the cylinder head on mine after only 600 hours of light use. My next machine will be Kubota. Hopefully soon. ....

View my Photos
D

1999-06-09          4917

Tom,What model FORD do you currently have problems with and what do you use it for? ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-06-10          4929

Bob,As one reader indicated, Kubota is the Largest compact tractor maker in the world. That doesn't however mean that your path has been cleared. You spoke very little about the Kubota dealer in your area, does that mean one does not exist? Can you view his stockroom? Are you able to receive next day air of parts from either Canada or the Lower US? It is not really a question of Kubota's availability, as it is your availability to Kubota.For example:Scania (sp?) is the largest heavy truck manufacturer in the world, that does not automatically mean parts arereadily available in my area. If I was in your shoes, and found that Kubota's availability, or any Make for that matter was difficultto come by, I would stay away from it. Regardless how good everyone else claimed it was.Parts wear, then they break/bend,its inevitable over time. Is, in your case the Kubota really worth it if you have to pay Next/2nd day airevery thing you need something? I'm sure some someone would say YES! Is that guy you? Good Luck, hope you Find theanswers to your questions:) ....

View my Photos
Tom

1999-06-10          4952

Ford 1210. Used to cut 2 1/2 acres of grass. Approx. 50 hours per year. Tractor looks like new, but new head is now costing me $1700.00. To say the least I'm extremely disappointed. According to the machine shop who gave me the second oppinion on the head (2 crack at the injection ports) it's a fairly common occurance. Also Ford would not sell me the cylinder head without the valves installed. They also seem uninterested in talking to me abou the matter. I called the zone office and sent them e-mail to no avial. ....

View my Photos
dennis

1999-06-11          4995

I recommend that you only look at Tractors that have local dealerships and also have a large presence in the Market like Deere, Kubota, and New Holland do in the US. I have been burnt in the past when my local dealer went out of business and there was no place to turn to, because, though the product was excellent, it was very very small in the market, and no one carried it. ....

View my Photos
GeneBinNJ

1999-06-11          4999

To Bob Alaska, I own a B7300 bought new last year. The B7300 is an amazing do it all machine and I love it. From discussions with Kubota folks the B7300 is relatively new(of the new design with flat deck etc). Down here in the lower 48 they have been selling like gangbusters and therefore I suspect Kubota will be stocking parts for a while, and there may be a number of salvage units(in the future - although I don't think too many people really want to get rid of Kubotas unless they are moving up or dead).Good Luck. ....

View my Photos
Phil

1999-06-17          5227

I have an old B7100 with 2500+ hours in OR. I think it is late 70's early 80's. I have had no problem getting parts. I broke it in half last year(my fault) and called a local dealer. He made some calls and found me options for new or used. I had the parts for my tractor in 2 days delivered to my door from the east coast. I was able to split this tractor, move all my gearcase parts to the new gearbox and reassemble in about 4 hours. These are amazingly well designed for easy repairs. I was also very impressed with the condition of the moving parts after so many years of rough service. I would not hesitate to purchase another Kubota! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login