Go Bottom Go Bottom

New 30 series l3430 vd JD 4310

View my Photos
jdfan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-11-28          45511

I am comparing the new Kubota l3430 Grand L 30 series to a JD 4310, I like the real metal on the kubota but still waiting to see them

any imput on the kubota vs the deere would be helpful

I owned a 4310, liked it but end up selling. Now I am looking again and the kubota looks good.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-11-30          45540

There has been a lot of posts already about the capacities and capabilities of the new Grand L-series. The 4000 Deeres also have a lot of posts on already so it shoould be easy to find the info you are looking for here. ....

View my Photos
orange1

2002-11-30          45548

Just Returned from the Tsukuba Japan Kubota plant. saw the whole process of assembly, testing,& shipping of "30"series from soup to nuts.
Very impressive. Some features of the new "30" series have been in use in Japan for several years now. No guinea pigs in the N.A. market. They made it clear Kubota is COMMITTED to building the number 1 tractor. Also saw them building New Hollands in this plant. No B.S.!! looked like a 30 series painted blue & black. Who is building DEERE?? ....

View my Photos
jdfan

2002-11-30          45563

Deere is building deere, I think-Yanmar engines which I belive in. But mybe they are not building them. Tell me what you know, why the L3430 over the 4310. I am considering both

I like the real metal fenders,hood and platform of the kubota

The user features are my concern, do the loaders come off and on as easy as the deere. Can you keep a 72 in belly mower on while the loader and hoe are on
Does the how go on and off easy?

Deere dealer showed me a video with the units compared and the eyhro on the deere seemed to determine which gear was right and make the change without stopping on a hill, Both the NH and Kubota had to stop and shift into a lower range. The showed this pulling a load up a hill. Anything to it???

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-01          45584

I often have to look into the dictionary to double check definitions and spelling. There is a difference in assembly and building. Yanmar is deeply involved with the construction or building of the JD compacts. Not all of the tractor is built by Yanmar though as many of the final assembly is done in the US with a few pieces of Deeres US design being added. The front axle, sheet metal, and electronics to name a few. ....

View my Photos
Billy

2002-12-01          45587

As you can see Art, assemble and built mean the same thing. Now if you're talking about some kind of equipment 'built' or 'assembled' from US parts, you can forget about it. It's not out there any longer and hasn't been for years and years. So when someone says "built in the US", don't take it so hard

build v.
built building
1. To make by combining parts; construct.

assemble v.
assembled assembling
1. To bring or gather together.
2. To fit together the parts of.

Billy

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-12-01          45610

I see where some companies are now using "originated in the USA". Boy doesn't that leave the concept open to the imagination. ....

View my Photos
John R.

2002-12-01          45611

The 4310 is built in the Augusta Georgia plant. As pointed out above, it uses the Japanese Yanmar engine, but the main transmission is built in the U.S. by Funk, which is part of John Deere.

I have quite a bit of experience on the 4310 hydro tractor as well as some experience with various Kubota and New Holland tractors. I have found that load match function on the Deere hydro tractors really does improve the ability to get work done. When using it with a loader, it is impossible to stall the engine and the wheels just keep pushing even when the engine is at idle. With a mower, you can just stomp the pedal and go, and the tractor will vary its own speed to keep the engine speed up and operating near the peek HP level. I also have found that the Deere hydro tractors will generally pull or push loads in the middle (B) gear range that I have to shift to low range on the Kubota or New Holland tractors to accomplish.

While not everyone needs it, the cruise control is also very nice on the 4310. It maintains a rock steady speed up and down hills as long as the load isn't too great. With load match on, the cruise will let the tractor slow down when then the load increases beyond a certain level to prevent stalling. This is really nice when mowing large areas. Just set cruise to the fastest speed comfortable for the terrain and let the tractor slow itself down when you hit heavy grass. It is possible to stall the tractor when mowing if you hit a big stump or dirt mound or such, but I can't remember ever stalling it just by hitting really heavy grass.

Overall, I have become a real fan of the John Deere 10 series hydros. Having used other tractors I also see their nice features, but if I had to just flat out get work done, I would pick a Deere every time.

View my Photos
TomG

2002-12-02          45614

Load match sounds like a useful feature. My Ford has marginal power when power is applied to both the wheels and hydraulics, hydraulics and PTO or wheels and PTO for that matter. It certainly is possible to seriously lug my engine when it's powering several outputs at the same time. Of course, my only alternatives are to stop doing one of them or shift to a lower gear, neither of which is always convenient.

I'm curious how load-match works. It sounds sort of like a governor on a HST pump. If the engine governor doesn't maintain rpm, load-match bucks back the speed pedal. It might work some other way, but it sounds like a good idea no matter how it works.

View my Photos
Art White

2002-12-02          45617

John, were those all competitive models, like same vintage, same sizes and comparable features? I to have run many of the same model classes and have not found what you have found. It was unfortunate that the only new deere size that I could run to do some work with was with transmission problem that the dealer still hadn't sorted out. ....

View my Photos
John R.

2002-12-03          45701

Art, probably the best head to head comparisons that I have been able to do have been between the New Holland TC45D and the John Deere 4610 and between the Kubota 3710 and John Deere 4310. In both cases, I felt that I could get more pushing force out of the John Deere in B range than I could with the comparably sized Kubota and New Holland. The 4310 could spin the wheels in B range while pushing a loader into hard dirt, but the Kubota required shifting to low range to do the same. The TC45D is a really nice tractor with the high/low hydro in addition to the high/low range gears. But I was somewhat surprised again that to get a bucket full of dirt, that John Deere 4610 could often (but not always) do it in B range, while the TC45D required shifting both the range gears and hydro to low speed. In higher gears, the Kubota and New Holland tractors don't seem to run out of engine power, but it seemed to me that the hydros hit relief pressure sooner than the Deeres, thus preventing the power from getting to the wheels.

For someone that hasn't done head to head comparisons under similar working conditions, they might never know the difference. With experience, you learn to use the tractor you have effectively. And different things matter to different folks. That's why even though I am convinced that the Deere Ten Series hydros are the best thing going for getting work done, there are and will continue to be very satisfied owners of other brands. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2002-12-04          45706

It must be with the newer transmission that they have added zip to the trans in the loader mode over the old transmission. What you found was about right but I've never seen a Grand L that won't spin it's tires in the middle range while loading if you wanted to. The New Hollands have had the weaker of transmissions since they came out with the boomers. I guess I'll have to try one out a little more this spring. So far its only been at dealer shows and I'd just as soon try it on a tractor that I know was just dealer prepared by a local dealer rather than a perchance adjustment by a company rep of another company at a show for dealers. I know everyone wants to look good but there are enough variables in these tractors much less when they might be intentionally doctor'd. My wife thinks that I get to anul when I go to buy but there are to many varieables out there that we have no control over. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-12-04          45709

I think it's very good to do John's types of comparisons. From an owner's perspective it's good to know whether a tractor can be expected to do something or if operations have to be changed to get a task done. The results are self-defining. You know what the conditions are and the tractor either does or doesn't do it. The exact reasons why such as engine power, traction relief valve differences probably aren't particularly important to most owners.

However, formal comparisons are complex. The link below goes to The Nebraska Tractor Test Site (History of the Test) to provide perspective. I guess the 'home' link at the bottom of the page goes back to the main site. An older version of the site gave details of the various tests. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find descriptions of the tests on the past several versions of the site.

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
jeff r

2002-12-05          45763

Sounds to me JD is desparate to disparage Kubota. When you are #2 anything is fair. ....

View my Photos
orange1

2002-12-07          45854

John, Other than new tractor shopping,what track record / experience do you have with tis type of equipment?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login