Go Bottom Go Bottom

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-07-14          40363

I want to add a front end loader to my 2wd B6000E and am curious about the Woods 1006. Does anyone have this combination or any recommendations ?
Thanks !
-mike

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-19          42671

Woods 1006 loader with 54 inch bucket works great on my b-2150HST. Get some wheel weights on the rear tires or run a 3 point blade or box weights. It will get tippy if you don't have some rear ballast of some sort attached. ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-09-19          42677

I would think twice before puting a loader on a 2wd tractor that size.

Jeff makes a very important point about ballast. We sell small Yanmars and we will not put a loader on a 2wd Yanmar under 20HP. Even with ballast, the results are dissapointing. Two big concerns, the first being safety, the second concerning the usefullness of the tractor when mounted with this implement. Fill the bucket up and try to drive across a soft sandy area, or for that matter, pull your front tires up to a 2x4 and see how much your rear tires spin trying to push the heavily laden front tires through the sand or over the board. Then there is the issue of the strength of the front axle. A 4wd model helps overcome the traction problem, even if there are still some stability issues. In either event, if you need a loader, I would go a little bigger with the tractor, and get a 4wd model. If you do go ahead with the loader, be very careful when operating. ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw

2002-09-23          42808

Since I first posted this I did go ahead with the loader. Got one from Homestead Tractor and am pretty happy with it. So far traction hasn't been a big problem but that is also because
I've got ag tires and a woods mower hanging off the 3p.h. Yes, that is a bit of a headache in some of the tighter spots I've had to work and I don't really like having that thing swinging off the back sometimes but it makes the balance overall pretty good when using the bucket. I have to lock the differential in the gravel while working the driveway but otherwise not too bad. I'm looking to get a rake and I'm guessing I'll need some additional counter-balance once I do get the rake. I've been reading some of the threads about liquid filled tires versus wheel weights and still have not made up my mind. As hilly as my place is safety is a big concern for me. ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
crowinghen

2002-10-06          43447

I'm curious as to which loader you got - I'm looking for a loader for my b 6200, I think it'd be the same one you got---

Thanks!

Susie ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw

2002-10-08          43552

I went with the model "S" loader. Overall I'm real happy with it so far. On the plus side, pallet was small and it fit right in the back of my little Mazda B4000 pickup from the shipping dock. Instructions were easy to follow and I had it installed and ready to go to work in one evening with basic tools. On the minus side, the bucket flanges were spaced way too wide and I had to bend them to fit with a C-clamp to get the pins in place. I've used it for light landscaping and gravel work on my driveway and so far, so good. One thing I found is that steering can be hard work with a full bucket but I just take it real slow and careful ( as usual ) :)
Good luck,
Mike ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw

2002-10-08          43553

Oh, one other thing about what Jeff and Dave posted earlier. They are right on time with that advice concerning ballast. I only move the tractor without rear weight of some kind when changing impelments on the 3ph. It is remarkably unsteady without a lot of weight back there and even on the flat ground I can feel the rear tires lose traction. Dangerous... Counter-balance is real important with a tractor my size with the loader! ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
Steve Mahler

2002-10-16          43872

I have a 78 B6000E and would like a loader - please let me know where I can find out about this Homestead company. I am also curious, if you dont mind, on how much you spent for the loader, what is involved installing etc. The only reason I flirt with trading up is the lack of a loader... ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
jamesblancing1

2002-10-16          43896

Steve, I recently found a loader mfg. that now sells an economy loader, small , made for tractors your size. I think they sell for about $1500.00. The website is Leonsmfg.com click on the 'whats new' button.
Jamesblancing ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw

2002-10-19          44007

Homestead Tractor has a website ( although it seems to be having technical difficulties at the moment ) at:
http://www.hstractor.com
Installation was simple. Bottom line, what is involved is bolting HST loader supports to the factory tapped holes in the frame and rearend in addition to splicing in hyd feeds for the loader. Feeds are spliced in by cutting the in and out lines to the pump and using the pressure fittings included in the install kit. Only change I made to the tractor itself was to space the wheels out as far as they would go to make up for the higher center of gravity.

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
Steve Mahler

2002-11-12          44918

You mention splicing the hydr. lines, and a pump. I am no mechanic, but I was always under the impression that my 3pt hydraulics were driven from the gearbox using gear oil as pressurized fluid. Does your B6000 have a front hyd. kit, or a belt driven pump? ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
TomG

2002-11-13          44945

I didn't understand the idea of splicing the pump's in and out lines either. Normally auxiliary system valve assemblies for things like loaders are spiced in series with the pump's output or high-pressure line and the auxiliary system output or return line is looped back into the line going to the hitch. Many compacts have a hydraulic block and diverter valve that allows convenient connection rather than splicing of lines. Return oil from the hitch goes into the TX cases that act as a reservoir. The pump's input or suction line draws from the reservoir so I don't understand why the suction line would be spliced.

It's common for a tractor's cases to be used as an oil reservoir for the hydraulics, but the pump actually is driven from the engine. Various places can be used to drive a pump. Many have their own drive gear as part of the timing gears under a cover at the front of an engine. I believe others are driven off the engine oil pump or camshaft. I believe that there also are belt driven pump that have their own pulleys or might be driven from the alternator shaft.

It's fairly common on older tractors that have small capacity pumps to mount external pumps on the tractor and drive them from the PTO shaft or the front of the crankshaft. External pumps normally would have their own reservoirs and are entirely separate from the tractor pump hydraulics. Owners of newer tractor that want more hydraulics than their tractor pumps deliver also sometimes mount PTO pumps.

Since I don't know B6000's I'm just talking in general terms but some of it might be interesting.

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
Steve Mahler

2002-11-13          44968

This is what I have always expected regarding loaders for a 6000 - an external pump with an additional reservoir. I actually have the sales brochure for the factory loader in 78, and I thought I remember seeing an added unit off the side of the engine. Either way, I dont know if i ever would go the loader route with my 6000 - it seems i could sell it and put the loader money towards a different tractor with loader installed. ....

B6000E front end loader

View my Photos
mjw

2002-11-14          44993

Ooops. My apologies for hasty wording in my last post. TomG your description is right on the money. It is spliced into the existing pressure line with no additional pump. Steve, yes, I have seen the b6000s with the additional pump ( I believe it was belt driven but could be wrong there )but this particular setup doesn't require it. Reason I went with the loader on my b6000 is my a lot of my land is wooded and I needed something I can scoot into fairly narrow spots. Even with the rear wheels spaced all the way out ( and an old cultivator for counter-balance ) I can manuver rather easily in some tight places. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login