Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX 2200

View my Photos
banmana
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-11          36264

I have a one year old BX 2200. The power has fallen off dramatically, and the hydrostat transmission is very sluggish, almost like a clucth slippage. This started slowly & has gotten progressively worse the past few times I have used it. I have been very disappointed in this tractor---I sure wish I had my green one back that I traded at this point. I thought this tractor would do everything I needed. Dealer just seems puzzled. Any help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX 2200

View my Photos
Dirt

2002-03-11          36269

Have you cahnged the hydr. oil and filter? If you store it outside, it may have water in the hydro oil. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
BANMANA

2002-03-12          36282

The dealer did, but the problem still persists. They said run it for a while with the new filter & fluid and see how it works. I have become very skeptical of this form of trouble shooting. Maybe I got the LEMON of the bunch. Now, the hood is rattling as well as the mower deck. This is very irritating and compounding the lack of power problem. The tractor has not set a day of its life outside in the rain since I purchased it, so I don't feel the water thing is valid. Even though it will cost me money, blue and green are becoming very interesting colors. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-13          36300

I'm curious if power to the PTO and the hydraulics seem normal?

I suppose there's always the possibility of a faulty HST pump or relief valve. However, I would eliminate the possibility of operations before thinking of mechanics. For example, a new tractor may be operated conservatively with moderate loads and the TX in low range. If operation became less conservative with heavier loads, and high range was used more, the tractor may seem like it has less power. A possibility is that loads are developing high enough pressure when run in high range to open a pressure relief valve.

BX 2200

View my Photos
BANMANA

2002-03-13          36306

The entire operation of the machine lugs down when any load is applied, such as mowing normal height grass and suddenly coming into an area of higher grass. I know that some slowdown can be expected with this, but the mower deck will almost come to a complete stop, the engine labors considerably, and the tracor will barely move forward. It did not do this at all when I first got it. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-03-13          36309

That description sounds like it is operating in the wrong gear or range. Is it stuck in a high range? Another thing to look for is something stuck in the hydraulic system. My 4100 Gear will bog down like that if I push the loader lever the wrong direction, like trying to curl it up when it is already fully curled. Kubota is a very good machine, and this sounds like a weird but fixable problem. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
RMC

2002-03-13          36311

Since the Dealer does NOT know the answer You should contact Kubota direct.

You EMAIL them at the following

http://www.kubota.com/reqemail.cfm ....

Link:   

Click Here

BX 2200

View my Photos
TomG

2002-03-14          36320

I'm trying to get a sense of whether the engine or the TX should be suspected. I guess the tractor doesn't have a loader to get a sense if the lift capacity has decreased. Maybe there's a sense of how much the 3ph lifted originally compared to now. If the hydraulics are still strong, then maybe the TX should be suspected. I wonder if the throttle can be heard opening to full when the engine lugs? If not, then the TX is even more suspect, and a faulty HST relief valve might be the answer.

Similar to Mark's comment about the loader, I once had my 3ph locked down for the backhoe, and the hitch got bumped into lift mode. It didn't take long for me to recognize I was hearing the system pressure relief valve and to figure out why. In the meantime, the tractor was sluggish and the throttle was full open. I would listen for an open relief valve.

BX 2200

View my Photos
banmana

2002-04-02          36990

I traded the 2200 for a remaning stock new JD 4100. I had become too frustrated & disgruntled with the BX. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-02          36994

Don't keep us in suspense... gear or hst? and what sort of toys.. I mean what sort of implements? I would also really like to hear what you think of the workabliity of both machines after you have the 4100 for a few weeks. I had a real problem choosing between the bx2200 and the 4100... aside from the weird problems it would be great to hear your impressions. Mark ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-03          36999

That's a shame. I never like to hear stories where a tractor didn't work out. Hope the JD pleases.

Maybe it's good that the situation is resolved. The longer I think about a problem, the more obscure my speculation about the cause gets. For this one I was starting to wonder if the tractor has a hydraulic PTO brake that was failing to disengage. Guess that's obscure, but I do wonder what does happen if a hydraulic PTO brake does fail. ....

BX 2200

View my Photos
banmana

2002-04-03          37004

I got the HST transmission with a Sovema 3PT. 60" finish mower. It was the last 4100 the dealer had and is actually an early 2001 model. I haven't got to use it very much yet because of the frequent rain we have had in the past few weeks. I think I'm really going to like it. It is a little larger than the BX and has the R4 Industrial tires. Right now I'm just hoping the sun will start drying the ground so I can get on it and really see what it will do. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login