Go Bottom Go Bottom

Might have to sell my B1700 whats a fair asking price

View my Photos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1998-12-07          302

Well when I purchased my B1700 a couple of months ago I knew there was possibility of getting a job transfer late next year, however I did'nt think it was going to be in a couple of months. Looks like my machine will have to go around March. I have a 60" mid mount mower and front loader, tires are bar turf. Right now the tractor has 13.5 hours on it and by march I may have a total of 20. What would be a fair asking price for the package? Any offers? Won't need it where I'm going.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1998-12-07          303

I figure that rig cost somewhere about 12,500 to 13,000, so I would say used it would wholesale for under dealers cost by 10% so 9,500 wholesale or about 10,500 + retail, where you at might be interested? ....

View my Photos
Paul

1998-12-08          308

The package cost 14,774, and with tax came to 15,800, and that was a very good price compaired to what I've heard some of the other Kabota owners paid for the same package. This machine is mint,garge kept,3pt hitch never been used. I'm not a dealer, and you would never buy this package 10% under dealer wholesale at a dealer. I'm sorry but time is on my side and I would never let this go for 10,500. This machine is not even broke in yet. ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          309

Paul,Just like with cars and such sales tax is a cost to purchase its not part of the value of the asset you can't depreciate it and your new buyer must pay sales tax on it when they buy it from you.Generally you can walk into any dealer here in eastern PA and buy a b1700 FOR 11,200 without tax, the most expensive mower goes for like a landpride tunnel goes for about 1600, so the retail total without negotiation of any kind would be 13,800 without tax. Now we know that dealers make a profit on what they sell so if in the other post say the dealer made 10% on gross that would make his cost 11,412. He probably makes more but let it go at that, since you took yours out of the showroom its not NEW any more, so the wholesale trade in value has to be less, but how much? If I were a dealer I would not be bothered with it for less than a grand so I say that Trade in is 10,400, and retail is 11- 11400Hope this helps ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          310

You all don't now what you are talking about. I can tell you that Paul's B1700 in the condition it is in, and with the hours it has, is worth no less than $13,750. He could advertise it for $14,500 and sell it in a day. You all are trying to make it seem worthless, but in fact you don't know what you are talking about. Trade in $13,500. New $15,300-$16,000. Someone would be happy to get it for $14,000.

(now lets see if it works.) ....

View my Photos
Paul

1998-12-08          311

Thanks Tim, I'm not familiar with a landspride tunnel, is it a mid mount deck? if it is $1,600 is very cheap. I noticed you did'nt mention the the loader with my tractor, did you overlook it or are you including that in the price? ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          312

PaulI missed the that you had the loader, loaders go for 2700 new so you should get at least 2500 or so so I would say that wholesale would be 12,900 , retail 13900. ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          313

I did not include the loader so you should ad about 3 k to the below nums so 12,500 wholesale or 13500 + retail.

I figure that rig cost somewhere about 12,500 to 13,000, so I would say used it would wholesale for under dealers cost by10% so 9,500 wholesale or about 10,500 + retail, where you at might be interested ....

View my Photos
Paul

1998-12-08          315

If anyone is interested please email me thank you. ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          316

Paul,

Take a look at the "KubotaSource" site. They havethree level of pricing for new tractors. You did not mentionwhat your 1700 had. 4WD, hydro, etc. Take a look there and add up the pieces. Adjust by how dealers in the area price [howmuch do they discount]. Leave a bit of margin to bargin.

I was at a place in the Milwaukee area recently and they were offeringa 1700 with mid mower, loader, 4wd, hydro for a bit over $13,000.delivered.

http://www.kubotasource.com

Doug ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          319

Is the machine a Hydro, 4WD, any after market lights?What is the height to the top of the rops? Where is itlocated and any ideas on how to ship if necessary? Based onthis I will make an offer over email.

Thanks

Bill M ....

View my Photos

1998-12-08          320

Is the machine a Hydro, 4WD, any after market lights?What is the height to the top of the rops? Where is itlocated and any ideas on how to ship if necessary? Based onthis I will make an offer over email.

Thanks

Bill M ....

View my Photos
dennis

1998-12-08          321

Please list with our classifieds when you decide on the asking price or just place under Best Offer and see what Happens. Offers and a market survey are the best way to establish value. ....

View my Photos
Paul

1998-12-08          322

Hi Bill, yes its a hydro 4 wheel drive, no after market parts. Height to top of rops is 75", shipping would depend on where you live, however I'm sure we could work something out. I'm in upstate New york on lake Ontario. ....

View my Photos
dean

1999-03-01          1405

is your tractor four wheel drive,....if you have established a price and are going to sell it give me a call at 724/528-3150 ....

View my Photos
Vince

1999-03-20          1866

Let me know if it has not been sold. I'm looking for one. I live in Albany County. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login