Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Steve Shireman Jr.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-23          24599

I just took delivery of a brand new BX2200 and man am I impressed. I chose it for it's size and functionality but I wouldn't have thought it would do the amount of work it does. Anyway, the reason I am posting this is that I read the comments about the spacing of the 3pt hitch. I too found that it was narrower than most. However, I have a 6' rear blade and 6' Bush Hog finishing mower. Each has a full size 3pt mount. I haven't tried the mower yet, and honestly, I hope the tractor has enough power for it or I guess I will be trading the mower in. The blade however is a different story. I needed to plow some snow and wanted to use it. I adjusted the linkage between the 3pt hitch to widen it and within a few minutes I was plowing. A minor headache I think considering that you get so much tractor in such a small package for a rather low price. And FYI, I got the FEL which is fantastic and the bar tires which are a sort of mix between R4 and Ag. I have a bunch of tasks that I plan to use the tractor for, and now that I got to put it to the test I believe it will exceed my expectations.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-02-23          24601

Steve, I sure look forward to hearing how the BX does with a 6' finish mower. I'm just using a 5' Bush Hog finish mower behind my B2710. Of course, there's no way I'm going to bog down for power with it, and I suppose your BX may power it all right, but I'm wondering whether the 3-point can pick it up without the front wheels on the tractor coming off the ground, unless you put a lot of weight on the front end of the tractor. ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Steve Shireman Jr.

2001-02-23          24602

I am hoping to try it out this weekend. The BH finisher is rated at 20hp and the PTO on the BX2200 is about that. Naturally I checked with the dealer before purchasing the BX in regard to the mower. He told me that from a HP standpoint it should do fine do to the 3 smaller blades versus one big blade. I am worried about the front end weight though, and I would rather not keep the bucket on when mowing because I have an orchard and heaven forbid I scar any of my precious apple trees. I believe the mower is around 500lbs and according to Kubota the BX can handle I think it is 560lbs. And they usually rate them light in the brochures. I will follow up when I test it whether it is good news or bad. ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-23          24608

Steve, the real question you want answered is NOT how much mower the tractor will handle, it is how much GRASS it will handle. A 6' mower on that machine is no problem at all, IF you keep on top of the grass, no pun intended, let it get long and shaggy and a 4' mower will bog it down. We run commercial front-mounted mowers which are 20hp at the crank, and run a 6' deck no problem, but if the grass gets forgotten, we have to run through it first with the big tractor and take it down, then trim it nice with the precision machines. Best of luck. ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-02-23          24609

Steve, now I'm curious as to which Bush Hog finish mower you have. I have the RDTH60 (5' rear discharge) and the manual says for 15-35hp, weight 536. The RDTH72 (6' rear discharge) shows to be for 20-40hp and weight 588. And while I mow without my front end loader, and certainly have no problem picking up my mower, I CAN tell that the front end of the tractor is lighter than normal when I do. I really like my mower, but I probably should have gone ahead and got the 6' model. ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-02-23          24611

Hey, Murf, that's twice in a row that I posted a message only to find out you typed faster than I did. We almost have synchronized posting. LOL ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-02-26          24692

Bird, my grand-father was a wise man, wise beyond his 96 years, his favourite saying was "Great minds think alike, but then, fools seldom differ either....." take it as you like sir, but I am the eternal optimist.... LOL... It would seem that our thoughts (and keyboards) run the same direction doesn't it? ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Steve Shireman Jr.

2001-02-26          24697

Ok, so after final analysis the mower (model FTH-720) is just too stinking big. Unfortunately. I guess I should've figured that. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what 3pt finisher I could get that would work well? Definately needs something much lighter. According the the BX owners manual, the max weight I can handle for 3pt implements such as mowers is 300lbs. I would imagine that is low and It could handle 400 or more but i don't want to hurt that tractor. My dealer is going to take my mower in trade, but I don't know what to tell them to order me. Like I said before, I would prefer not having a belly mower due to my orchard and getting under the trees. ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Rob Wheeler

2001-02-26          24699

Steve,

You could look at the LandPride 15 series or the Befco C30 series, to name a couple - I think the 5' versions both weigh in between 450-500 lb. I think this is about as light as a 5' finish mower gets, but I bet your BX would do fine with it. I just went through a little research before I bought my B2410, and I ended up getting a 5' Woods RD6000 mower. For my property I was uncomfortable with anything wider. I haven't used the Woods unit yet, but it is really solid - I think the book lists it as 600 lb. BTW, the manufacturer web sites all list the approximate mower weights, so you should be able to get a good idea if you do a little surfing.

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-02-26          24712

Very good, Murf! And all too true, I fear. LOL ....

Kubota 3pt accessories

View my Photos
Terry Noreault

2001-02-27          24750

I am using a Landpride 15 on the BX1800 and completely satisfied with the results. It handled a field with a pasture with a full year of growth and 1" saplings. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login