Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-10-03          20279

I have a B1200 4WD tractor. I have not been able to locate any information about this model. The Kubota dealer in this area is no help. Does anyone know where I can get manuals or ROPS?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-10-04          20310

Unless you wrote wrong and you have a B7200 you must have a grey market tractor. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-05          20335

the tractor is a B1200 not a 7200. if this is a "grey" tractor, is there any outlets for manuals or rops? ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-10-05          20339

Tom, try the link below. At least they do list a B1200 as a gray market tractor. Don't know whether you will find anything to help you with your current question or not. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-05          20341

Apparently Kubota's position on "Grey" tractors is 'you bought it its your problem, don't ask us for parts or information, because we don't care'.
I think I'll find a Ford or MF to trade this Kubota in on. Its a shame because this tractor is a hard worker. I just wanted to find a rollover bar for safty,
but with Kubota's attitude I don't think I want anymore of their products.

Thanks for the effort. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
KenB

2000-10-05          20343

Don't be so quick to judge Kubota, since they didn't make these models for use in the US in the first place. They have an outstanding reputation for supporting their made-for-US tractors. See the link below for a quick overview of the grey market tractor issue. ....

Link:   Grey Market Tractors

Kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-10-06          20372

Tom the tractor model you have is a grey market tractor. People have brought things into this country for years that have not been sold by the manufacturer for years. Cars are a hot item, tractors too. Sometimes it's been for perfomance sometimes for price as in your case. Yes you can get the parts that you need it's just not the same as someone who did buy from a company represented dealer. The base tractor chassis would be very simuliar to the US version it's just which one. Take the time and you will find out what is the same and what isn't. Some one illegally brought that tractor to this country. That is why for your safety you want to add the roll bar instead of the rollbar being standard equipment as those built for the US have factory installed. The other tractor manufacturers have the same problems as this with the Kubota's so you are not unique in your problem. I can understand your frustration but if you look in the grey market listings you will very well find all of your answers. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-06          20375

It all started with me purchasing a small tractor to use around the 2.5 acres I have here. Mowing, scraping road, tilling garden, etc. I purchased the B1200 from a private seller. The tractor works harder than my neighbors Kubota 2554. Being on a hill I worried about tipping over even though it has never acted like it was in a jam. I started looking for ROPS for it and the local dealer acted like I had the Plague.
I will still look for a roll bar for it. It works too good to dump.

Kubota

View my Photos
Brady

2000-10-06          20376

Speaking as a dealer, many times the reason that we seem unwilling to help is that we have no more information on these grey market models than you do. As has been stated in one of the other replies, these tractors are illegally imported into the US by people who want to make a fast buck at the expense of Kubota. I do not blame Kubota for not supporting these models because, if they do, they would basically add fuel to the fire. If the importers ever get a hint that Kubota is going to give in and support these models, the market would be flooded with more illegal units. In the past 10 years, John Deere, Ford, and MF have faced similar crooks and dealt with them in the same way. From our experience of over a quarter a century, Kubota is the best company in the world. They always put the customer first and back their products better than anyone. So, in short, blame the person who sold you this grey market tractor. They undoubtedly knew what they were doing and didn't care. Don't blame Kubota. They are merely supporting just policies that were put in place to protect their customers and dealers. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them. Good luck! ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-06          20377

Ok fine, Kubota is a great machine. Thats why I bought this one. The person I bought it from may or may not have known it was Grey market but it dosen't really matter at this point. It was from an add in the paper. My problem is since I don't know what it is in relation to US kubotas I can't find a roll over bar for it. I have checked the links for rops construction but since they are not in my area it makes it sort of hard to order over the internet and get something that may bolt on to my tractor. If there were a good cross reference of non-US tractors to US tractors where we could find out if at least the frame is the same as another I could possibly locate a kubota roll bar to fit.
Any other suggestions? ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Art White

2000-10-07          20398

Tom if you could put your tractor on a trailer and take it to your local dealer I'm quite sure he could tell you what is what that might interchange easily. These tractors do have different parts used in some areas such as hydraulics but the chassis are pretty close. Good Luck. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-16          20620

Thanks I will try that. I just returned from a week in AR, and MO. Lots of small tractors in those areas. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-10-18          20663

Sorry to hear about your problems. As one respondent mentioned, you may want to visit the grey market pages for Yahoo. Also there are dealers in Canada who are not bound by the US dealers and can help. Personally, I find it short sighted by US dealers to not want to help with this equipment...Kubota of course being the worst offender. I do own a grey, a Hinomoto E2304 which crosses to a Massey 1030 and have bought parts through the Massey dealer. Anyway, if you like the tractor don't give up on it and go to the Grey Market page....see attached link.

Jerri ....

Link:   Yahoo Grey Market Club

Kubota

View my Photos
Tom Anglin

2000-10-18          20664

Thanks I will check it out. ....

Kubota

View my Photos
mickey

2002-10-14          43790

Tom, not sure if this info will be usefull to you but Kubota (Osaka)Japan is indeed a wonderful company. It has a ongoing (very responsible) safety program in effect in the USA for older Kubota tractors without ROPS. They are offering a rops bar and safety seat belt and all mounting hardware for their cost of $148.00 I believe. Go to KubotaUSA web site and you can download the certificates to take to your local dealer. It must be installed by a Kubota dealer service center and Kubota pays the dealer almost $200.00 to install it. This may certainly be an incentive for a dealer to assist you in your rops search regardless of where your tractor was manufactured at or for which market it was sold to! After all, this is about corporate responsibility for the safety their product sold to the public (you). I do not want you to get hurt and neither does Kubota! I'm sure politics and profit will not get in the way of safety in regards to Kubota International Corporation. Give this a try and be persuasive to the issue of safety not politics or market share. Good luck ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login