Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX25

View my Photos
sarge2408
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-20          166969

After a lot of research and discussions with non-affliated tractor mechanics, I bought a Kubota BX25. Apparently Kubota actually listens to the customers and changed from thier short lived plastic idea back to metal. The ease of operation, including the simple way to remove my backhoe sold me. Although I had also got the insurance. It's bulletproof. Very happy with the way I was treated by the dealer. I did most of it by phone and then drove 500 miles to get it. Although there were closer dealers, the price I paid and the service made the trip worthwhile. I had a John Deere mower and after that experience was going to buy thier tractor. They say nothing runs like a Deere. Unless it's a former Deera owner running from Deere to Kubota.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX25

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-20          166973

Plastic where? If you're talking body panels I'd much rather have plastic, it holds up far better around here than metal panels. ....

BX25

View my Photos
JOHNWTHOMAS

2009-11-21          166978

Congratulations on your purchase. You'll enjoy it and get lots of service out of it. I've had the "plastic" series and several metal series. Currently I have metal but that wasn't a factor in my purchase, it just came that way. So since I now have metal, it's better. You know that's a joke, right. I had no problems with the plastic except the hood stuck out on the sides and didn't come together like body panels on a vehicle should. I now have a dent on top of my metal hood and if I had plastic, it may have resisted the impact of the tree limb or it may have put a hole in the hood, I don't know.I've found on this forum that whatever someone has, that's the best one and all others are "bad" so since I now have metal, plastic is bad!!!!:-( ....

BX25

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-21          166987

John, using your observation:

'bota--plastic or metal...baaad.

Any N' Holland...good. LOL ....

BX25

View my Photos
Art White

2009-11-27          167045

The best part of it is no matter what the tractors are built with, as far as the operators, there is one in every crowd!

The main reason from every manufacturer I've had the pleasure to work with and a few others, plastic's main purpose was noise control. ....

BX25

View my Photos
carlav1410

2010-03-08          169050

Hey Sarge2408,

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for your BX 25?
I'm thinking of buying one for our small farm.

Thanks Carl ....

BX25

View my Photos
sarge2408

2010-03-09          169057

Hi Carl, I paid right around 16,500.00 including a backhoe and Landpride post hole digger. My dealer was motivated to sell some stock because if the sluggish economy. I would think the deals are still out there since the economy is still so slow. I am sure you'll like the machine. I've never owned a tractor before but this thing is user freindly and after a few hours on it ya would never know I am all thumbs. Good luck on your purchase!!

Steve H (AKA sarge2408) ....

BX25

View my Photos
carlav1410

2010-03-09          169069

Thanks Sarge,

I just got a quote for 16,900 at a local dealer and they have one in stock.
I will go by sat. and see how it goes.

Thanks Again Carl ....

BX25

View my Photos
sarge2408

2010-03-09          169071

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Steve ....

BX25

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-03-10          169091

Enjoy your new purchase. Apart from the price, curious as to what service they provided that warranted a 1,000-mile round trip. And what kind of problems you had with the JD. ....

BX25

View my Photos
khoopes

2010-03-11          169109

I was quoted $17,500 at the local dealer, sounds like they got it jacked up a bit. But they didn't have one in stock either. How do you guys like the backhoe attachment? Does it perform well or does it bog down in clay or rock?

Kris

BX25

View my Photos
sarge2408

2010-03-11          169114

Thanks Auer. The trip was worthwhile for the price with the auger and everyone down here wanted a bit more. My Deere cut well but I must have had a lemon. A phantom electrical glitch made the battery drain repeatedly. Not slammin Deere per say. I just heard more good things about Kubota. AS far as the folks mentioning metal versus plastic, it is a personal thing I suppose. I like the fit of metal and being a neat freak (I know, it's supposed to be dirty), metal cleans up a lot better. I never have found a good plastic cleaner/polish. Plus plastics break as well. So dents versus broken plastic. Again, simply personal. Have a great day! ....

BX25

View my Photos
sarge2408

2010-03-11          169115

Hoopes, the backhoe does well for a sub-compact. I live in the Northern Cal mountains. Lots of clay and big rocks. Patience is key but I get it done. Plus it keeps me out of the house and those ever present honey doos. Did your price come with any other attachments?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login