Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Ldsnews
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-09-18          156752

I have a Kubota BX22. It was ideling and then stalled. When I started it back up the engine started and then stalled right away and the battery light comes on. It always starts but stalls right out. I've recharged the battery and it has plenty of power. Belt looks good and fuel is fresh and full. Air cleaner is clean.

Has anyone run across this problem before?

Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-18          156754

Sort of sounds like a seat safety switch. Those are designed to shut down the machine when there is no operator in the seat. I don't know about your Kubota but you might raise up the seat and see if there's a switch under there. If so, maybe jumper it out and see if it starts and stays running. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-18          156755

Think back to what may have change right before this began. You mentioned the air filter is clean. Did you replace the fuel filter and not get it sealed or bled. kt ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-09-19          156756

If it runs when you keep the revs up, the idle speed is likely too low. (Once started, the battery is irrelevant.) ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Murf

2008-09-19          156771

My first thought would be either a faulty wire to the fuel shut-off relay, or bad relay itself.

The OP didn't say anything about idle speed falling off or sounding otherwise abnormal.

A sudden stall is usually the fuel shut-off kicking out in my experience.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Ldsnews

2008-09-19          156775

There is no seat switch on this model. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Ldsnews

2008-09-19          156776

I checked the filter after the problem started and not before. The tractor was just ideling normally and then stopped. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Ldsnews

2008-09-19          156777

I tried turning up the trottle to keep it running but no matter what as soon as it kicks over and the engine starts it dies. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Murf

2008-09-19          156785

Your last 3 comments just about nailed it then.

If it has no deadman switch in the seat, and everything was normal, it is almost a guaranteed thing, bad fuel shut-off relay or the wiring to it.

Start with the wiring itself, it is a common problem, doesn't take much corrosion to cause a poor circuit.

Best of luck. ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-09-21          156802

Ldsnews,

You likely have a fuel problem. It could well be the fuel solenoid, but it could also be a badly plugged fuel filter.

Your fuel filter should be visible through the sight glass. If your filter is black, or shaped like an hour-glass, it's likely plugged up.

A small amount of fuel will eventually bleed through a plugged fuel filter..........just enough to allow the tractor to start. Immediately thereafter, the engine will be starving for fuel, and quit.

A fuel filter is very cheap to replace. It's one of the cheapest trouble-shooting tools you have. Replace the fuel filter, bleed the fuel line, and then try starting the tractor again. If you still have problems, I would look at the fuel solenoid.

Joel ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
unit5alive

2008-09-22          156813

My kubota BX2200 has a seat switch , made around the same time frame. You would think the BX22 would also? ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Ldsnews

2008-09-29          156916

I changed the fuel filter and am getting plenty of fuel before and after the injectors. I pulled the fuel cut off solenoid and watched it as I started the engine. The piston on the solenoid pulled when I turned the key to start but released when I let go of the key. The engine would run without the solenoid in place. I got a test procedure from the tractor store for the solenoid. I hooked the solnoid directly to the battery and pushed the plunger in but it would not stay in so it was faulty. I relaced it and the tractor is running fine.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply. It really helped me get to the solution.

Larry ....

Kubota Stalls

View my Photos
Murf

2008-09-29          156918

Glad to be of assistance. :)

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login