Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-27          150830

I just purchased 2006 L3400 with LA463 loader and 66 hours on it. The tractor seems to work great except when I set down in the seat it bottoms out,no spring to it. I have turned the t-handle on the back of seat clockwise,but nothing. When I first got the tractor I had to use a screwdriver tip to wedge it up. I sprayed WD-40 on all the moving parts and the t-handle. Any help??? Thanks Pat

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
mobilus
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-29          150914

To quote the venerable Roy D. Mercer, "How big a boy are you, anyway?"

Did you check the hinge pin on the front of the seat? When the little clip pin came out of the seat on my L2800, I had the same problem after the hinge pin migrated ut on one side. ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep

2008-01-29          150928

I am 6foot tall 200 pounds,maybe the previous owner was bigger?? Thanks Pat ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-30          150943

I've been on them before but I've got fifty lbs on you and the one on the lot I just checked still didn't bottom out with me on it.

I'd say he was lighter then you and adjusted the seat accordingly and never changed it again that's why your having trouble. ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
Murf

2008-01-30          150947

I have to agree with Art, the adjustments off, in our fleet there are none that do that, and LOTS of operators far bigger than you are Pat, me included. ;)

Best of luck. ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
mobilus

2008-01-30          150962

Blacksheep, did you get it figured out? ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep

2008-01-30          150972

Art,By turning the adjustment clockwise it should put more tension on the springs to hold-up the weight right?? I have also sat on a new one at the dealership and did not bottom out. When I first got the tractor it appeared that the plate (springs under the plate) was stuck down , had to use a screwdriver tip to move it up and sprayed WD-40 on sides and the tee handle, the tee handle worked better but after so many turns you have to use pleirs to turn it. Could the the plate with the springs be bad? Thanks Pat ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep

2008-01-30          150973

Thanks Murf, maybe something is broke? ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep

2008-01-30          150974

Nothing yet , feels like climbing out of a hole when getting of the tractor. Thank-you ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-01-30          150978

Blacksheep,

WD-40 probably isn't the best thing you could use for this problem. You should try a good penetrating oil, instead.

Spray all of the moving parts with a quality penetrating oil, then let everything soak for about 24 hours. The next day, you should go out and attempt to get all of the moving parts loose and working. A gentle tap from a rubber mallet might loosen up anything that is still stuck.

Once you get all of the moving parts moving again, replace the penetrating oil with a quality lubricant....such as white lithium grease.

Many people tip their seats up when they get off the tractor, in order to prevent dew or bird droppings from accumulating. In doing so, however, they expose the working parts of the seat to the elements. It doesn't take long for the rust to begin to cause problems.

Seat mechanism maintenance is often overlooked. The seat adjustment mechanism should be cleaned and lubricated with each oil change -- if not more often than that, depending on the amount of exposure to the elements.

Joel ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
mobilus

2008-01-30          150979

Blacksheep, I'll second what Joel said. I leave my seat down all the time.

Oh, two good penetrating oils that I like are CRC's BreakFree and a really impressive one called PB Blaster. For penetrating oils, go with one of them. WD-40 attracts water, and has probably caused more rust than all other lubricants combined. ....

Kubota L3400 seat broken

View my Photos
blacksheep

2008-02-09          151207

Gentlemen,Thanks for all the info I took the seat off the tractor and soaked it good with PB and used white grease after soaking 48 hrs and some tapping alot of red rust came out of all the pivot points.Seams to be better on the back side.I would say the person before me was a little smaller in size.Thanks again for the input. By the way do they make a tooth bar for the LA463 bucket new or used or is that something you have to get from Kubota?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login