Go Bottom Go Bottom

which one

View my Photos
praha4752
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-21          140582

I am sorry to ask this stupid Q, but I'd like to see what you, the actual owners, think. What do you have and why.

I like a grand L 3130, but it may be too big for my needs.
Will 2800 series tractor dig a driveway /300ft/.. deep enough for a concrete?/

IS GL 3130 too heavy for a residential work/3200 lb/.
2ac. residential suburban work and pole building , wood cleaning jobs./light non commercial/.
WHICH one would be the most appealing?? ......Maybe 7800??
Thanks in advance,
J.C.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

which one

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-21          140587

JC, not as an owner but of someone who likes tractors and enjoys the pleasures of the operation of all the new ones enough to keep me in the business working with them. The L-series is just fine for what you stated your uses would be although on the large side although the 2800 allows for no mid connections. You didn't add mowing to the list so that would make it useable. To a customer walking in I'd find the best overall value in the BX 24 for you with a deck for the size of your place even with your work listed. The chance to make some money working off your property could justify the added size to take on unordinary suprises found on many job sites. ....

which one

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-21          140599

Thanks Art,

yes, mowing may be a case, not a must. Thanks for your help.
BX would be capable as you say and some extra buck may go with it, but I don't like her body...too small, you know ,it's just like dating for me, she better be good looking...lol

J.C.

which one

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-21          140600

JC I often find the small adaptable body means more attachments for the same price making it easier to accomplish more jobs with less outlay. ....

which one

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-04-10          141206

Art,

it's a difficult decision, if you have no clue what to expect from it/tractor/. L 3400 and GL 3240, smaller body stronger HP and PTO HP vs. more tractor , but less HP.
Is L3400 really stronger?? Is 3400 better seller, so obviously more appealing for people who know this stuff??
The money is not an issue at this moment.
Very difficult decision for me, since I have absolutely zero experience. And my inability to decide for weeks make me sick. I may end up buying nothing.

J.C. ....

which one

View my Photos
Art White

2007-04-10          141207

I like to look at the long term. What do you want the tractor to do while you own it? For the two acres any thing more then a BX might be considered overkill if you have to buy another unit to mow the yard with! Yes I said the little BX, they suprise a lot of people as to what they can do. I'm not going to say that it can pick the same bucket full as the L-series tractor can but they can work all day just like the larger tractor but don't expect the same amount of results. I have customers that put in 300 foot plus driveways with them and still mow the yard.

You have to look at the long term of the tractors uses and then way out the size. For my own yard(I'm lazy) I figured about a 48" mower for the average home owner and the yard is set so at best I trim every other mowing with a trimmer but I have or need no walk behind mower. I've mowed it with larger 60" decks but then I have trouble with clippings in some landscaped areas. ....

which one

View my Photos
botamac

2007-04-10          141211

Art,.. makes a good point on size, I have a BX23 and I thought about buying a larger tractor when I built my pole barn. And at times I needed a larger tractor but my BX did just fine it took a little more time to do some jobs, but now the barn is all done and now my BX mows about 2 acres and works out just fine and it plows a 450 foot drive way and I have no problems with it. So in the long run the choice of the BX was a good choice. Big might be fine now, but in the long run will big be to big? ....

which one

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-04-10          141226

Thanks,
smaller tractor makes a perfect sense.....I will end up buying it, but I always wanted big tires..lol.
Can't have boths, I guess.

Thanks again,
J.C. ....

which one

View my Photos
unit5alive

2007-04-11          141233

J.C., I have a 2003 BX2200 with the LA211 factory loader and the woods groudbreaker X 6ft backhoe ,54" deck, that tractor gets used for things my neighbors can't believe, it will lift 880 lbs,(11-80lb water softner bags) dig big holes , mow my grass , the only problem owning it , is everyone else wants something done , well over 300 hrs , not a problem!, Craig. ....

which one

View my Photos
cub1812owner

2007-05-06          141836

if you have only seen pics. of the Bx 24 they look small but up close they are bigger than they seem in the pics. remember dont judge a book by its cover. you will be amazed by the Bx 24 ....

which one

View my Photos
rlsmith

2007-05-11          142012

Being a happy BX 23 owner with over 600 hours on a 32-month-old unit, I am very pleased that this little giant has done for me. I have scraped moved hailed tons of dirt, stone and wood. Helped me build a 30X32 pole building, a 30x56 garage, complete with footer, extended the drive by 60 foot and widened the 600 ft drive, and did over 600 foot of trenching for elect and drain pipe, along with mowing 4 acres of grass. As you can see by the hours, I use this machine all year round and in many tight places that a larger unit would not have been able to do. ....

which one

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-05-11          142018

RlSmith,

You're right. The things a small tractor is capable of doing will surprise a fella. My little B2100 has surprised me many times. I mow about four acres -- till one acre for gardening -- and maintain another 4 acres of pasture. My driveway is about 500 feet of gravel, and I'm able to maintain it very easily with this tractor.

I never thought I'd be able to use it for mowing around the house, with all the trees we have in the yard, but by removing my loader (quick tach type), I'm able to turn the corners and get close enough to the trees to avoid having to do anything other than trim up with the weed eater afterward.

This little B2100 has been used for everything from an outdoor dustpan to a tilling monster. I'm always surprised by the number of uses I've found for it. I can move and stack railroad ties and pick rocks in the garden. The bucket works better than a wheelbarrow for planting flowers, harvesting the garden, and for knocking down the new mole hills that appear in my yard every other day.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I find that this tractor has replaced my wheelbarrow, rakes, shovels, and most other hand tools. I still use my chainsaw for cutting the trees, but I no longer use my pickup for hauling away the branches or the firewood.

By placing pails in the bucket of the loader, I'm now able to harvest my entire garden without once lifting a pail full of cucumbers, ears of corn, or even watermellons. It makes so many jobs so much easier, and jobs that were once impossible are now routine around here.

Joel ....

which one

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-05-11          142019

Kubota would do good to pay you guys for this thread to post on their web site...makes me want to go home and hug mine...wonder what in Orange my wife wants for Mothers Day. :) ....

which one

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-05-12          142032

I can imagine, how a smaller machine becomes a HAND tools almost. I need to dig and build 300 feet driveway, so I hope 26 HP tractor will be fine.

Joe ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login