Go Bottom Go Bottom

Installing Rear Hydraulics on L3010

View my Photos
Paladin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-16          140472

I'd like to be running a tractor mounted log splitter on my 3010 before next winter but I don't want to just run long hoses and give up use of my FEL.

Anybody know what is involved to install rear hydraulics and the approximate cost if the dealer does it (parts, labor?)

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-17          140479

These are my own thoughts on this after having other people do what your attempting. Why run a thirty horse engine when a 10 horsepower one will work? The biggest part is the ten horse with the right pump will out perform your tractors hydraulic system by about double. It also ties your tractor up from other chores around the wood pile. It can be done if you want but I know from experience that it is far from being a good system. ....

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-18          140496

Well,

I wanted an extra hydraulics for a grapple and the dealer said about $600 WITH A NEW TRACTOR!!!!!!!!!!
He wants to sell the tractor.
And he did not seemed to have a much experience with this kind of instalations...
J.C. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-18          140500

I don't know about Kubota but $600 doesn't seem terrible to do it right. Did you ask what was involved? It could require the SCV hardware plus a divertor valve to multiplex the joystick control in addition to any other controls, wiring, and labor. ....

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-18          140503

NO, not at all, on the contrary.
It includes all plumbing, push in switch/grappel control/ on a FEL/actually 1200 dollars with a grappel arm installed. Total price.
Joe ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-03-18          140508

The valve for 600 installed is a bargin. I can understand the need for it, the factory kit is nice and neat and hardly noticable in the way it is all mounted. ....

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-19          140528

Art,
what factory kit you are talking about??The dealer said he'd order an aftermarket kit...? Is there a Kubota factory hydraulic kit/additional/ available? It seemed to be a problem for them to make it happen.
I'd need more hydraulics for a different implements./grapple, spade../
Thanks, J.C. ....

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-21          140581

I found it , is it a 3 valve additional factory kit?
Remote hydraulic valves they call it??
Do you have to buy all 3 or better yet, can you buy the whole thing and can a dealer install it?

Thanks,
Joe

View my Photos
Paladin

2007-03-21          140589

I'm enjoying and learning from all the posts here, as usual. I think that I have made my decision and the tractor will go on for a while without rear hydraulics. I was able to pick up a 22 ton log splitter at Home Depot - a last season leftover - for $999.99 including a one year warranty.

Art White is right - why run a 31 HP tractor when an 8 HP log splitter will do the job? I also bought one of those three point "boat mover" adapters at Tractor Supply. I have wanted to use the tractor with a ball hitch to move the boat anyway and now I can also slap a 1 & 7/8 ball on it and use the Kubota to pull the log splitter into the woods. I usually fill the bucket of the loader with cordwood and then come out of the woods far enough to dump it into my F-250.

I wish all Kubota dealers were as honest and upfront as Art is. I will not patronize the dealer closest to me because they simply didn't want to be bothered to order a folding ROPS for me (I had to put a folding ROPS on to get the tractor into my 1790 stone barn). They were PO'ed that I bought a used tractor and not a new one from them. I now patronize a dealer 30 miles away and they give good service. They got me the ROPS with no problem. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-03-21          140591

I guess I should have checked in the price book first. The valve for the 3010 is no longer listed available. That's a good reason to be sure when you buy a tractor to get all the options you might need. The valve that used at that time was not a stacker like the new ones and if you wanted one to begin with and then needed two you had to get a whole new kit. The price you were quoted was reasonable for it. I'm not aware of any after-market kits to do this and I would be interested in knowing the source. ....

View my Photos
praha4752

2007-03-21          140597

Art,

I would need it/valve/ for L2800 or GL3130.Would that be available and what would be a ballpark price? For a grapple I'd need 2 extra spools and for a tree extractor two as well, I guess. So, I should buy the whole kit. Do the dealers install it reg.?
thanks,
Joe

View my Photos
Art White

2007-03-21          140601

For both of those tractor models the factory set-ups are still available. I should say they are still in the books, I got caught on an L-35 this past year with a set of valves for top and tilt and wound up going thru parts! I'd opened my mouth and stuck to my price but it trippled the cost! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login