Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 point hitch quick change attatchment

View my Photos
8x56mn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-05          139557

Hello everyone. I own a B2150 that has a FEL and several rear attatchments. My question is the other day I was looking at one the latest Northern Hydraulic catologs and I see a attatchment to allow a quick change for the three point hitch that allows you to to stay on the tracot for hooking up things like my scraper, Bush hog, etc. It says it's for class one tractors. Does anyone know anything about these, are they a waste of money and is my compact considered a class one?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-05          139558

I have a JD 3-point quick hitch on my green tractor and love it. I can drop and change implements without getting off the tractor. But it wasn't painless or cheap to get to this point. Not all implements fit, and those that don't may have to be modified to work with the hitch. You do have to get off the tractor to hook up any implements requiring the pto. And if you don't have top and tilt you have to be very careful to only change implements on level ground, otherwise you'll be muscling implements around manually again to get them hooked up. ....

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-05          139559

Thanks, but is your green a class one as in compact. My concerne is that mine is not a class one as I don't know the classifications and it may not attactch to my compact. I do have to mussle everything around now, but I have gotten better at it, but it still is a pain in my old back.I don't want to buy a piece of useless junk. One more thing do these actualy replace you 3 point hith or incorporate it? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-05          139561

My guess is that when they say class 1 they mean category 1. I don't know of anyone who has installed a quick hitch on a category 0, but someone will probably speak up about that. Cat-0 uses smaller pins that won't work well with a cat-1 quick hitch. But manufacturers play with these dimensions all the time so YMMV. Here's a link to info about the three point hitch categories (see table at bottom of link). The quick hitches do not replace the 3-point linkage, they attach to the existing arms.

[edit] Link doesn't take you to the right page. When you go to tractorsmart, click on info and then click on tractor three point lift types. ....

Link:   3-point info

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-05          139562

Great, that link answers that question, I found one one Northern Tool on sale for less than 200.00. It looks very robust. I don't realy mind getting of the tractor as much as I hate to have to have to bar everthing into position in order to line up the lift arms. The PHD is the worst. Thanks so much for your insight. This site is so much better than others I have been on.
Gary ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-05          139563

There is at least one more option and that also attaches to the end of your current lift arms. It only attaches to the lift arms and does not lock the arms width, so different width equipemnt will still work. It also does not connect to the 3rd arm. So the dimn. on your equipment is not as important. However, it may not be as simple as what you are looking at for you. ....

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-05          139564

Yes, I saw those as well, both the same price, all my implements are the same width fortunatly. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-02-05          139565

Gary, as with most items, the place you hook up to, and unhook from implements and how you store tham has more to do with how easy connecting is than anything else.

A PHD is a prime example of a usually uncooperative implement.

If you make a large tripod type stand or a chain hanging from a ceiling, a PHD is a breeze to take on & off.

With things like a PHD the majority of the advantage of a quick hitch is lost.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-05          139566

Murf, yes I am finding that out, that's why I said I'm getting better at it. Also I should have spent the extra bucks for the stand for my PHD as I dont realy have space in my barn to leave it hanging without it being in the way. Thanks for the advice.
Gary ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-02-05          139568

DRankin had an interesting way to deal with the phd. He strapped it to a hand truck before removing it from the tractor. Then he could just roll it away and park it somewhere until needed again. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-05          139569

My nephew has a fix he uses for his phd, he has inside storage with dirt floor. Runs the auger into the ground. Rust is an issue.

To me, the quick hitch is good for heavy items. Not the type of items I use with my CUT. If I park on level ground and let my tractor find where it naturally wants to rest before I unhook, it is easy to rehook. At same time the tractor is light enough, grabing the rear tire it is easy to roll an inch or two, normally more than enough for me.

As to the different type of quick connects, the price should not be the same. Look further if you like them. As to those that fit over the end of the lift arms, there is at least two different styles of those. Just be sure what you are looking at. ....

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-05          139572

Well thanks for all the helpful advice. I found what I think I need on E-Bay for 78+ shipping. This one has an adjustable spacer rod to keep the lift arms set at the correct distance.
Gary ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-02-05          139574

Be sure the spacer and PTO will miss each other. If not be sure you remove the spacer when using a PTO shaft.

View my Photos
8x56mn

2007-02-06          139589

Good point, I'll be sure to check that.

Gary ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This