Go Bottom Go Bottom

squeeling sound with 7510

View my Photos
ihookem
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-04          139534

Since it's been cold and snowy I've been pushing snow. After it warms up and the hst is fully engaged it starts to make quite a loud squeeling sound. I think it is the hydrualic pump but am not sure. It Doesn't do this for the first fifteen minutes or so, and stops doing it when I let off on the hst pedal. Does anyone know what this is and how to stop it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-04          139535

"Warmed up" is a relative term. Warmed up on a tractor with HST in the cold can hours to warm up---the tractor axle/trans housing is like a big heat sink or radiator.

Mine does the same thing. It goes away. You might want to install a fresh HST filter though just in case there is moisture in the filter that is gelling or freezing and causing a restriction. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-04          139537

What throttle are you at? It sounds like you are running out of oil. Moisture would cause that but not 15 minutes after you start as it should be thawing by then. What are the air temps? ....

View my Photos
ihookem

2007-02-04          139542

Art, the air temps are 10-25 degrees. I am at 1200-1800 rpm. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-05          139556

At 1200 you should not have the hydro petal fully engaged under load. For light travel fine as long as there is no load you maybe ok but I'd recommend being closer to 2000 or more. The cold is enough to freeze any condensation you have in the base of the rear-end but after about twenty minutes of circulation and use it should start thawing. To leave the tractor where it is warm and everything able to thaw a quick check to see if it might be a moisture proble other then seeing the oil is changing color is to crack the lowest drain plug and see if water or oil comes out. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-05          139571

I know on mine the hydraulic fluid vicosity makes a big difference on when the system squeals. I used to use NH 134 oil which is very thin, almost like brake fluid. I switched to a different oil that was supposedly an equivalent weight---but it's not. It's more like motor oil. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-05          139575

Earthworks, now that worries me! For the forty plus years I've been around hydro's the closest weight I could tell you for good life is about a 10 weight. Some companies have tried heavier but they also wore out the trans sooner. ....

View my Photos
ihookem

2007-02-06          139606

Thanks for the replies on this sight. I get better and more helpfull advice on this sight than at the dealer. I decided to try plowing at 2000 rpm and it didn't squeel at all today. Thanks everyone. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-06          139609

I'm sure I speak for the others, glad to be of service.

Speaking of service...ummmm....where do we send the bill? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-06          139611

You could have a relief valve squeal but that might happen at a full load high end power use. But that wasn't case here, you were starving the hydro by having to much load and not enough oil to cover. If a hydro has good oil it never has metal to metal contact. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-02-07          139623

Art, what worries you about what I said? If it's about the fluid being like motor oil, my skid steer in fact uses 10w-30 motor oil for the hydraulics. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-07          139635

I know the skids for a number of years have been using motor oil but not the tractor. I don't get in the shop for first hand wrenching anymore but I've never known about switching from one to the other without complications in longeviety. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login