Go Bottom Go Bottom

7510 stalling -- seat kill switch

View my Photos
Oliver
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-03          139510

My 7510 sits outside. Here in New England it has been warm and rainy for much of the winter, with cold weather for the past two weeks or so. Last night we had the first snowfall that can be plowed.

My tractor started just fine, but it stalls about every 5 seconds. If I let off the foot petal, I can catch it before it stalls completely.

My guess is that there is a loose or iced over connection on the seat kill siwtch but I can't figure out exatcly how it works. I dumped hot water on all the connections and pulled the tractor into the garage in the hope that when it warms up the problem will be solved -- but I don't know.

Any other suggetions? I know I need to build garage space for the tractor, but that won't happen until the summer...

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-03          139511

Does that mean that it picked right up instantly to the throttle level that you had it set at or did it stumble? ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139512

It went right back to the throttle level it was set at. The throttle was set very slow. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139513

I just started the tractor -- no problem. I put it in neutral and tried to engage the PTO -- it stalled almost immediately, even with the clutch depressed. Does this help? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-03          139514

I was just thinking that if the fuel was freezing or iceing up that it would run out and recover when the load was removed. I haven't seen any problems with the seat switches but we check them with a jumper wire from one side to the other to isolate them to see if they are working properly. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139515

If the tractor just sits it seems to run just fine. Before I tried to move it I let it run for about 10 minutes -- and it had no trouble. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139516

One other question -- is there a relatively easy way to temporarily override the seat switch -- just to see if that is in fact the problem? ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139517

Problem solved! I dried off all the connections I could find, pulled and cleaned the fuse, and the problem was fixed. I am assuming there was moisture or ice on some connection...

More reason than ever to build the tractor garage! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-03          139518

just reread my last post. ....

View my Photos
Oliver

2007-02-03          139519

Art:

What do you mean "check it with a jumper wire" -- I am guessing this is a way of finding out whether or not there is a complete circuit. Is there a simple way of explaining how the seat safety switch works? I understand electricity and the need for a complete circuit, but I can't see what completes the circuit when you sit on the seat. Also, why can you flip the seat up and run the PTO? I know it would be unsafe, but can you drive the tractor like this or is there some other safety switch that prevents the tractor from moving if there is not an operator on the seat?

There is no crises right now -- I am just trying to get a better sense of how this works so if there is a future problem I can diagnose it quicker.

Thanks! ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-02-03          139520

Normally to unplug the connection and run a small wire from one terminal of the wire to the other will eliminate the switch. ....

View my Photos
jrestill

2007-02-03          139522

Looks like you've already figured it out, but just for the record I had a similar problem with my 3110hst a couple of years back. there was snow up under the seat in the switch area. I never did figure out EXACTLY what it was, but it was clearly related to the snow since once I got everything cleaned out real good the problem went away. I built a snow-proof shed for my tractor this year. Alas, no snow far this year of any consequence. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login