Go Bottom Go Bottom

cup holder

View my Photos
David Speer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-17          13859

I went to see the new BX series and noticed they have a cup holder.I would like a cup holder on my B2100. Anybody have any ideas about adding on a cup holder to a B2100? Where to buy- where to attach to tractor?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

cup holder

View my Photos
TomG

2000-03-19          13905

Think I've seen such things at low-end discount stores. With all the safety discussions around here, having a cup holder on a tractor doesn't seem like a very good idea. Seems sort of surprising that a manufacturer would add one.

cup holder

View my Photos
Rod

2000-03-20          13967

Because you might hit a bump and spill your drink???? ....

cup holder

View my Photos
TomG

2000-03-21          13996

Yes, a lap full of hot coffee at the wrong time wouldn't be good.

But there's a general issue. My wife comments from time to time that she appreciates the amount of concentration she sees in me when I'm on the tractor. I just figure that anything that detracts from having my full attention and both hands available to operate the tractor isn't a good thing. ....

cup holder

View my Photos
Kim Hartshorn

2000-03-22          14056

That is not a cup holder, it's a loose screw, extra key, hitchpin, wd40 holder ....

cup holder

View my Photos
SteveofNJ

2000-03-22          14061

Speaking of loose screws, has anyone ever heard of anything going wrong from someone sipping some ice-tea while cutting 5 acres of grass?

Other interesting thought, you can not operate a machine with complicated controls unless both hands are free anyway. Don't know anyone doing excavating with a coffe cup in one hand and the lever in the other.

Cutting grass on a hot summer day, bet your back side I am putting a cup holder on my 790! I'll try not to spill any, or run over the family pet while sipping my cool drink.

(don't get all hot over this, I am just making lite of the cup holder issue) I am sure you people will go crazy with safety and deaths by drinks and cup holders.... ....

cup holder

View my Photos
Richard

2000-03-22          14063

Out here in southern california you see water jugs on a lot of tractors but the operator has to use some commonsence about when to take a drink. Personnaly I would not use a machine that I could not keep my water close by. You can make cup holders out of PVC pipe or you can go to a boat store and get some real nice ones that will not spill your drink even if you have to use the ROPS. ....

cup holder

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-03-22          14068

In the course of our work (primarily building golf courses) this was a constant issue. We resolved it by means of a comprimise, each tractor carries an insulated water cooler, BUT, it is out of reach. It is mounted on the left fender, next to the ROPS, facing outwards, this way the operator must stop the unit and get off to have a drink. This is not as much of problem as it may seem, experience has proven that about the time an operator needs a drink of water, they are...well, finished, with the last drink...LOL...This way water is available when desired, without the concerns of distraction, etc. While this may not be a perfect answer for the average user, I find it hard to believe that the 'average user' has so much work to do that they can't stop for a drink before it's done either. Then again, if we're getting cup-holders now, maybe I can suggest to Kubota that they offer a washroom in the cabs on upcoming models, after all I do have several women operators now...and maybe a microwave would fit up there next to the radio...a TV would probably solve the 'Bob Villa' or yard-work question...and hey, a wait a minute...a phone & laptop would allow me to check the CTB while I get few hours in on the yard-work....Yeah, ok....LOL ....

cup holder

View my Photos
Randy Eckard

2000-03-23          14074

When I was farming we never kept water jugs on the tractor for a couple reasons. First, the tractor puts off alot of heat and the water will warm up very quickly. Second, when you ride for hours(8-10) it is a good excuse to stop, get off the machine and stretch your legs while you get a drink. On the other hand cup holders are kinda neat.
Randy ....

cup holder

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

2000-03-23          14082

Randy pretty much sums up my feelings as well. And my apologies to David for really getting off track under your post. But with all due respect to those who posted otherwise.... If having a drink on a tractor, while "maybe" moving at a brisk 2-5MPH in a field seems dangerous in your mind. Doesn't it concern you that auto's have cupholders? Do you ever use them? Smoke?, Use the Phone? Look for directions on a map? It would seem to me that driving a car at 60mph while passing multiple cars/trucks going the same speed in the opposite direction only a few inches/feet away would be more of an issue to discuss here than what has been brought up. Or are these things OK in our cars because we've been doing them for years? I'm not trying to start a debate of what we do,should, shouldn't do while operating machinery... but in the end, I think the solution to all of this is a good dose of pure "COMMON SENSE". ....

cup holder

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

2000-03-23          14083

Randy pretty much sums up my feelings as well. And my apologies to David for really getting off track under your post. But with all due respect to those who posted otherwise.... If having a drink on a tractor, while "maybe" moving at a brisk 2-5MPH in a field seems dangerous in your mind. Doesn't it concern you that auto's have cupholders? Do you ever use them? Smoke?, Use the Phone? Look for directions on a map? It would seem to me that driving a car at 60mph while passing multiple cars/trucks going the same speed in the opposite direction only a few inches/feet away would be more of an issue to discuss here than what has been brought up. Or are these things OK in our cars because we've been doing them for years? I'm not trying to start a debate of what we do,should, shouldn't do while operating machinery... but in the end, I think the solution to all of this is a good dose of pure "COMMON SENSE". ....

cup holder

View my Photos
SteveofNJ

2000-03-23          14098

Michael said it all, why are some people so worried about little things like cup holders on tractors, when I almost get run off the road each week by a big mouth having at it with his boss or wife on his care phone, and he desides to forget to use turn signals and cuts me off. Sorry way off track now....

I think we beat this subject to death. Hmmm A microwave and a phone on my John Deere......LOL.....Porta Potty be neat.... ....

cup holder

View my Photos
RCH

2000-03-23          14100

I've a 1910 FORD that has a plastic housing around the headlights on the front curve of the rear fender. For a cup-holder drill 4 or 5 holes about 1/4" through the top of the housing and epoxy glue PVC pipe fashioned cup-holder 3 or 4" in diameter with a cap end as a base that also has some shallow holes or grooves for the glue to hold on to. Drill some hole laterally at the bottom to let the rain out. As Kim Hartshorn says it will hold WD 40, keys etc.It's great for gloves. ....

cup holder

View my Photos
Donald

2000-03-24          14113

When we go to the hay field we leave our cup holders & water jugs under the shade of a tree. Much nicer place to get a drink.
Donald ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login