Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L2500DT or Kioti 2554

View my Photos
Jim M
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-03-02          13344

OK. I need some objective advice. Looking at the above two tractors. Both are 4wheel drive at about 25HP. Kioti dealer is 15 miles from home and is a heck of a nice guy. Kubota dealer is 45 miles from home and seems to have a ho-hum attitude as to a purchase or not. Price is within $500.00 of each other.What should I expect as to resale, repair(s), owner satisfaction, etc. as to help me make a decision between the two?I've owned a Yanmar 1401D for awhile. Great little gray market tractor but not quite big enough for my current needs. I will not be trading on the new tractor but buying straight out.Could use both positive and negative posts on Kubota L2500DT VS. Kioti 2553!Thanks in advance.Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
GAry Wiles

2000-03-02          13348

I think that you will find the Kubota a superior tractor with a national dealer network to support your purchase. Additionally, you will see a greater difference on trade-in allowance for the Kubota, most people will pay more for products with brand name recognition.

I have a Kubota L2500DT and could not be more pleased with the tractor and the national service levels that I have received with both of my two relocations. ....

View my Photos
gerard

2000-03-02          13359

Don't know about the kioti but am very pleased with my L2500DT. For only a $500 difference I would go with the better known and more popular selling one which is the Kubota. The only downside I see is no live PTO which would be a plus. Other than that I'm very happy so far (Only have 13 hours on it) ....

View my Photos
Tom

2000-03-02          13364

I believe the Kioti has Shuttle shift,if it does thats what i`d buy.
My boss has a L345DT Kubota, and shifting it sucks if you use a loader.Also
Ive never heard anything bad about ethere brand .
Tom ....

View my Photos
Tom

2000-03-02          13365

I believe the Kioti has Shuttle shift,if it does thats what i`d buy.
My boss has a L345DT Kubota, and shifting it sucks if you use a loader.Also
Ive never heard anything bad about ethere brand .
Tom ....

View my Photos
jeff watson

2000-03-02          13380

I'll cast my vote for the L2500DT. Mine is almost 2 yrs old has about 150 hrs no problems. Looking at the specs (www.carverequipment.com website) it would appear that the L2500 is now called the L2600 for 2000(both show 27 engine hp). It also now has a bigger brother the L3000. I don't know much about Kioti. Looked at them breifly but narrowed my final choices down to the better know brands in case I wanted to sell or upgrade later (or some minor thing like replacement parts). Get a loader on what ever you buy....retire the wheel barrow!!! You will find 1001 uses for it.
jeff in nc

View my Photos
Vince

2000-03-03          13434

Jim, I was a little suprised in reading your post, that the Kioti was only 500 bucks less than the Kubota. I recall the Kiotis being alot less than the Kubotas. Before you decide on either one, get a "check" on those prices. I'm sure, like the others above, that the kubota will have a better resale value. As far as the Kioti goes, compare the specs. It MAY wind up being a great little tractor... Once in a while I'll hear the Kioti critized, But does anyone remember what was once said about the now well proven Kubota when it first showed up years ago??????????? I personally would like to see more competition in the compact market. Best of luck Jim in your choice. ....

View my Photos
Jeff Learn

2000-08-18          18954

Jim, I agree with Vince. You can get a 25 HP Kioti for $10,000 more or less. I'm not real sure what Kubota's are but I'm positive it is >$500 difference in my area. These Kioti's look like very sturdy machines. I may purchase one myself. Check out Kioti.com for some prices.
Jeff ....

Link:   Kioti Tractors

View my Photos
Jeff Learn

2000-08-18          18955

Jim, I agree with Vince. You can get a 25 HP Kioti for $10,000 more or less. I'm not real sure what Kubota's are but I'm positive it is >$500 difference in my area. These Kioti's look like very sturdy machines. I may purchase one myself. Check out Kioti.com for some prices.
Jeff ....

Link:   Kioti Tractors

View my Photos
Eddie Watkins

2000-08-18          18961

WHen I was looking the Kioti dealer told me they were actually built off old Kubota blueprints. Don't know if it is true or not but they sure look a whole bunch alike. That doesn't speak much to quality, however, just interesting information if it is true. ....

View my Photos
Frank Bonello

2000-08-28          19189

I am not sure how many people know this but KIOTI baught all of kubota's tooling a few years back, so basically a KIOTI is a Kubota. So it depends how you want to look at it do you want to buy a Kubota for less or buy the latest technology. ....

View my Photos
Jac

2000-09-25          20075

Where does this come from? I would like to know the truth to this matter of Kubota versus Kioti? What is the true connection between the brands? ....

View my Photos
Frank Bonello

2000-09-26          20077

I WAS LOOKING FOR RIMS FOR MY OLDER L245-DT, AND TALKING TO PEOPLE AT DEALERSHIPS AND THE PEOPLE AT KUBOTA I SQUEEZED IT OUT OF THEM. ANYWAY I PURCHASED MY FRONT RIMS FROM A KIOTI DEALERSHIP AND THEY FIT. I WAS TOLD THAT KIOTI TOOK OVER ALL THEIR TOOLIMG. ....

View my Photos
jeff watson

2000-09-26          20085

I have heard that rumor that Kioti used old Kubota tooling on this and other message boards. I have no personal knowledge as to its truthfulness. I have also heard (on the same places) that it is perpetuated mainly by Kioti sales persons.
For arguements sake lets say it is true....Does that make it a Kubota? No. Why not. There is alot more to any item than the machinery used to manufacture it. I work for a machine tool distributor for a living and can assure you that just because to places use the same machinery there work may be vastly different. Different procedures/processes, different tolerences, and different raw material suppliers or raw material quality levels just to name a few. This is even IF they are trying to make the same parts. (ANOTHER BIG IF)
In alot of companies there are differences in facility to facility. (Isn't Firestone trying to blame their woes on one plant?) I have assisted customers with moving equipment from one facility to another only to turn around and move it back later because their customer demanded it.
All that would be known for certain is if Kioti did buy Kubota old tooling is that they bought some used machinery and that's done everyday by companies.
just my $.02
jeff_in_NC ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login