Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Madcat
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-17          130957

My FEL on my B7200HST bleeds down. Also when i raise the front end of the tractor up with the bucket, it creeps down very quickly. Is this internal leakage of the lift actuators or in the control valve? The lift actuators do have signs of seepage

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-17          130958

Could be both the lift actuators (hydraulic cylinders) and the control valves (spool valves). The cylinders are fairly easy and inexpensive to rebuild if you do it yourself (parts may cost $25-100) A dealer may charge $300-400 each. I have ahunch the pisto seals are worn and the galnd seals around the psiton rods are too.

The control valves are a little different---some have close fitting tolerances that require specialized tools; others use inexpensive o-rings. I'd leave it to pro's to work on them. Also, it could be, aside from leaking cylinders, you may have a bad check valve that's letting oil to bypass around it allowing leakage. ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-18          130975

It would be rare to find check valves used in loader controls on compact tractors. Most manufacturers have limits as to how much bleed down is acceptable and it should be expected. Six inches an hour normally is an exceptable number. ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-18          130976

It would be rare to find check valves used in loader controls on compact tractors. Most manufacturers have limits as to how much bleed down is acceptable and it should be expected. Six inches an hour normally is an exceptable number. ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Madcat

2006-06-18          130981

OK,Thanks for help. I'll start by rebuilding the lift actuators,since the have evidence of leakage anyways. Also, just another question .Isn't the control stick supposed to return to neutral all the time. Mine seems to kind of latch its self when pushed quikly. Both when stick left(bucket up) and stick fwd(lift down). Other directions are fine. ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-06-18          130982

WYes it should return to center or neutral. Without seeing what type of control you have I can only guess that it could one of many types--some have internal springs usually covered by a stamped metal cup of sorts, some have an external spring similar to a automotive brake shoe retainer spring held in place by a cup or disk. These types tend to gunked up with dirt and debris---a blow out with air or power washer is usually all it takes to get them working again. The other issue (the springs may be working fine) is the system of pins and pivots sometimes used to transfer input from the control levers to the valve spools. Lubrication is key at all the pivots, otherwise they'll lock up. Valve lockup may also occur when the o-rings (if so equipped) on the valve spool wear out or break down and get caught in the valve bore. ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-06-18          130987

You could also just paint it Green and get on with life. :} ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-20          131074

Is it a Kubota loader or after-market? Does it look like the original valve? ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-20          131077

DR,

Good line, good line. Good for a few belly laughs!

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Madcat

2006-06-20          131127

Yes its the original kubota(1640) loader and valve. It only stick when i push the stick quikly in that direction. It sounds mechanical. Not like a stuck seal.Does that make sense? I've lubed what little bit of linkage i can see, but it sounds internal. It makes a kind of "tink" noise when it sticks. The valve just has a row of plungers. It bleeds down from full up in about an hour. How much does a control valve unit cost? ....

B7200 FEL bleed down

View my Photos
Art White

2006-06-20          131140

First fix your leaks and then have the valve rebuilt when you pick up the seal kits which for some people are a hand full to rebuild and most dealers would be glad to do both the cylinders and valves. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login