Go Bottom Go Bottom

ROPS vs garage door opening

View my Photos
DenisS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-17          127817

Here's one for laughs: almost made my garage door opening just tall enough to let the tractor in without folding the ROPS. Lucky for me the house is faced with brick, so no major damage done and the ROPS will need a quick spray over with Kubota grey.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-17          127820

Been there, done that. More than once. AAARRRG! ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-17          127829

Me as well only the ROPS hit the wood deck rafter beams overhead but they flexed out of the way and sprang back with a defenning POP! Ruined a good pair of draws on that one!. ;O) ....

View my Photos
RRagent

2006-04-17          127837

Well I don't feel so bad now, that the experinced guys make mistakes too, I ran over shop door looking behind me so I wouldn't run over anything backing into shop. FEL will make mess of door facing. Wife still telling that story. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-04-17          127853

I now have an 8' header and taller door on one side of my garage. I just used the big hole left by the ROPS to judge the height I needed. :)

If there is any way to make your opening taller I would suggest you do it. Sooner or later you'll drive your unfolded ROPS into it again.
Dave ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-04-17          127858

This past winter it was close so I used the bucket to raise the front and lower the roll bar. For got that then I had the garage door to contend with so I backed out and lowered the rollbar! Such is life, just needed a little more time! ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-04-18          127971

Here is a pants changer for you all.....

Years ago, I had cobbed together a makeshift cab for one of my tractors, complete with a hook atop for easy removing with an overhead hoist.

At the time I kept it in a shed of sorts. We had a lot of snow that winter, and , one winter's day, I fired the tractor up and proceeded out the shed to plow.

It VERY soon became clear that something was amiss, when I saw myself doing a wheeley with a front loader! The nose had lifted slightly upon my exiting the shed from the high snow pack. Once the rear got to the snow, the added height of the tractor cab caught the shed doorway, proceeded to drag the old shed frame a bit until it was snagged in the snow itself, then picked the cab off the tractor as if it were hinged behind the seat.....Damn it got cold FAST !

It does not take long for stuff to happen - for sure. Needless to say, I fab'd a much better cab, with serious components which has been in use now for nearly twenty years ......Minus the hook ! (The shed made a nice bonfire)

- Willie H ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-19          127977

I can see how that would wake a person up right smartly!!

LOL.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
hugheswill

2006-04-19          127980

This past weekend I broke the left rear rops light on my JD tractor going around an oak tree, same kind of thing--trying to go too fast and not paying attention. Guess the dealer won't mind supplying another. I'm glad now that they're made of a cheap (or maybe not so cheap) plastic housing. Luckily I haven't hit anything in my garage yet. But I'm just coming up on 50 hours . . . ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-04-19          127988

I echo Murf's LOL!!!

I have backed a loaded on 3 pt tractor under a shed watching clearance unhook and then, well the canopy top did manage to slide under the header.

Watch adding canopy to a rop you have already checked on clearance or tires change.

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-04-19          128004

We all do something like that from time to time. I month back I was watching the side-to-side clearance so I wouldn't hit the ATV. I didn't pay attention to the 6 ft blade on the 3pt that was on a 30 degree angle. Good thing the shop door flexed outward before I really messed it up! ....

View my Photos
Fuse2210

2006-04-19          128011

Very first time mowing with my 2210, I was watching side clearance of the mower deck around a tree when I unexpectedly did a wheelie! The tree was leaning just enough to catch the rop. Left blinker broke apart pretty good. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login