Go Bottom Go Bottom

L3010 HST tranny problems

View my Photos
tinkerp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-29          126849

I have an L3010 HST , under slightest load or going uphill with peddle fully down..just stops...let loose and then you can go again..have had it at the dealer 3 times now..pressures check fine..fluids all good..filters all good..so they say...about to be four...also, tranny makes high pitch winning noise when going forwards..not in reverse..
thanks for any info

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-29          126851

I would think that no matter what gear the tractor is in it would have enough power to go at full speed up hill. Remember that the peddle fully down is actually more speed and less power. You should be able to move if you release the peddle as you describe.

It sounds like the relief valve is activating prematurely, but not having a Kubota maybe someone else can add info. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-30          126857

If you let up slightly on the HST pedal and the tractor moves fine you're probably just trying to operate the HST in too high a gear ratio for the hill or job. Pushing the pedal down all the way would be just like upshifting a manual trans. You could just be in too high a gear ratio.
David ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-30          126859

Hydro transmissions often make a whining noise. You might drive a different one at the dealer to see if it makes the same noise. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-30          126878

HST tractors use a variable swash plate type pump. If you want to run with the pedal all the way down you must have lots of revs to support that kind of required flow and the power to make it.

Some manufacturers have learned an expensive lesson about not putting safetys on the sytem to prevent operator-induced failures. When you try to push the system too far the electronics open a safety valve and dump all flow straight back into the reservoir rather than letting the operator 'lug' the tractor and cause damage.

Instead of trying to run with the pedal all the way down in mid range, try putting it in high range and give it just part pedal and see what happens.

If it helps any, my L4310 will make all sorts of complainants when I try to run flat out at low throttle and high range.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-30          126894

How are we doing? Have we helped you yet? ....

View my Photos
tinkerp

2006-03-30          126901

It is something internal...I have had this tractor 4 years..It never use to do this...I always operate the tractor at the required RPM...pulling a chain harrow should not put any strain on it on a flat surface....the dealer has made"numerous" adjustments but have never crack it open ..I believe it is something internal...fluids and filters have always been changed at recommended intervals...it only does this in forward...in reverse there is no noise or power lose... ....

View my Photos
tinkerp

2006-03-30          126902

In high range it makes an aweful noise when it first starts...it sounds very strained....low range is the only gear that gives no problems reagrdless of the load or terrain or implement attached ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-03-30          126906

Sorry tinker, I wish I would have known you've owned it for a while and know its operation. Your first description sounded like the newbies who try to ram the pedal down farther to get more power and actually bog down.
Dave ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-30          126908

Ditto Dave's remarks.

Tinker, you hit something there, you said it makes an awful sound pulling away in high gear? It should, provided you don't mash the pedal, pull away quite effortlesssly in high range. Mine is a bigger unit, but still, Ican pull away in high range with a several ton wagon or trailer behind me, no problem.

Starting to sound more like the safety valve is out of range or something along that line.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-30          126913

Tinker; I said in my first post that the relief (safety) valve may be out of adjustment as Murf just confirmed as a possible.
In your subsequent description the other thing that comes to mind would be the binding of one of the gear shafts in the range transmission.
The load on the shaft is reversed, in reverse and it may not have the play in that direction.
How much difference is there between the high, (medium) and the low in forward motion? Do you think it is binding at all in low? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-31          126933

Now we know a little more. What transmission oil and filter are you using? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login