Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire sealant for B7800 front tires

View my Photos
DenisS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-16          126165

Can someone suggest a good tire sealant to put into the front tires of a B7800? I'm just about to get the tractor, and, before I it expose to the thorny weeds, I want to improve the front tire's puncture resistance. I don't want to use foam because it will add extra weight. I'm looking for a water soluble product that I can wash off if I ever have to patch the tire. Also, here is a stupid question: how hard is it to remove the valve core if I wanted to pump the sealant in myself? Do I need any special tools for that?
Thanks in advance for all the help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-16          126174

I got a nail hole in a front R-4 last summer. I squirted in the recommended amount of green slime and it has held air ever since.

It was easy to use... no special tools needed. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-16          126176

To remove the valve core you just need a very inexpensive valve core tool, probably about a buck. ....

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-03-17          126217

Thank you both!

Does the "green slime" have a brand name?

God willing, I'm finally gettin' my tractor tonight. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-17          126221

A word of caution here though.

Most tire shops (at least all that I've encountered) today will not touch a tire that is filled with anything. The slime stuff is terrible to remove, or even clean up, the customer wont pay for the extra PITA and any material under the patch (like in the hole itself) will cause it to leak anyway.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-03-17          126223

Thanks Murf, that's why I asked about a water soluble product. One of the dealers I talked to told me that they have a water soluble slime that is easy to clean out; he said they wouldn't even charge me extra for clean up if I wanted to patch a tire that was treated with that slime. I just wanted to see if I could save some money by doing the job myself. If I don't get any suggestions on specific brands here, I'll take a look at the local auto shop, read some labels on those tire sealants, see if I find something I like. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2006-03-25          126636

I believe the tire patch in a can products have "danger" warnings on the cans, either explosive gases, or toxic fumes, so that your tire store needs to be advised before they work on any such treated tire. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-25          126645

I posted a thread last week about tire sealant for my ATV. I started to go with the Slime but I talked to the tire shop guys at my local coop. They have been using TRC Tireseal for almost 10 and said they have had VERY good results with it and it is water soluable as well as an anti-freeze. It is good for the life of the tire whereas the Slime is only good for 2 years.

I bought the 6 gallon pale for $100 plus tax. I went ahead and ordered the pump that pumps 8 oz. with each stroke as opposed to the gallon jugs that only pump an oz. per stroke. I have 2 atv's, 4410 front tires, F525, and some trailer and cart tires to fill and my neighbor wants some too. The pump is $65. I almost went with the Ultra Seal but with shipping, 4 gallons would have cost me $156. I looked at the Slime and found some that had been on the shelf for a long time and it was starting to harden. Not what I want in my tires as it also has no anti-corrosion compounds or anti-freeze. (at least that I am aware of) ....

Link:   TRC Tireseal

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-25          126646

Here is the only place I could find on the internet that sells it. They sell if for $121 per 6 gallon pale. You have to register to get the online pricing. They sell the pump for $90. ....

Link:   E. H. Griffith

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-26          126675

Randy, we have one of Titan homes plants across the street from us and a number of years ago they had some moral problems. They were loading the trailer toting tractors tires with nails so they didn't have to go out in inclimate weather. We used TRC after a near month daily run of fixes and it was quite some time before we saw the tractor again, we counted over 400 nails before we had it so to take a tube again. ....

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-03-27          126701

I spoke to the mechanic at the Kubota dealer and he suggested not to put the slime in the tire. He thought it was bad for the rubber to keep that slime in there indefinitely. He also said he's never seen a front tire from a tractor the size of B7800 get a hole from a thorn. I listened to the guy and decided not to add the slime. I then attacked my 4' high brush and weeds with abandon and report no problems. Most of the weeds never saw the tires or the mower anyway as I razed them with the loader. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login