Go Bottom Go Bottom

5000 Reward - Stolen 4WD Kubota L4310 w Loader

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-06          125626

$5,000.00 REWARD for information that leads to the recovery and return of a Orange Kubota 4WD L4310 Tractor with front end loader. Tractor was stolen from FM646 in League City, Texas; thiefs broke-in and stole tractor from inside of horse barn. No insurance means I will offer a $5,000 Reward, no questions asked. 281-455-3266 Jack.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-06          125628

Sorry to hear about it. You might want to post the serial number. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-06          125632

Sorry to hear about that Jack. I will keep an eye out in my area and give you a holler if I see anything suspicious. A serial # or unique identifiable marking would be helpful as well as Eric already mentioned.

It is a crying shame that we still don't allow hanging for stealing things like this. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-06          125633

If you would notify your dealer he could have it listed at the dealer association so when someone brings it in for service they could notify you. It also would go to Kubota and they could put it in their log so even we would see it in NY. ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-03-06          125636

This is why my tractor is locked in my attached garage and my car sits out in the cold. ....

View my Photos
nissan197

2006-03-06          125638

Make sure you notify the dealer and file a police report. With the serial number it can be entered into NCIC and if that serial number is ever checked by law enforcement in the USA it will come back as stolen. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-06          125646

A while back on a post there was an individul that bought a tractor, it was found out to be stolen the authorities comfiscated the tractor and it was returned to the proper owner. Bad for the person who bought the tractor but good for the owner. Hopefully your tractor will be returned if the serial # is found. This is a sorry state of affairs. If I find it you can keep your 5gs Best of luck.

View my Photos
Art White

2006-03-06          125649

Have you checked your homeowners policy? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-03-06          125650

Very sorry to hear of things like this. I hope you recover your tractor and it doesn't end up going over the border. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-03-06          125653

It has become more and more frequent a story for what has happened to you, and I am sorry for your loss. These people in my neck of the woods, cut thru a chain link fence, and stole a new orange with FEL, and had the nads to grab up a rear blade at the same time, loaded it onto a flatbed, and drove away with it all ! Brazen s.o.b.'s !
I hope it shows up for you -

- Willie H ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-07          125662

If your tractor was inside a barn and could not be seen then they either just happened upon it or knew it was there I would think. So, who knew it was there? Was it visible when being used? Do you work with somebody that knew of it? Had anyone new around your barn, neighbor, friend, worker,somebody looking at horses, etc.? Was it hauled off or driven? Sometimes thiefs don't roam far.

If you financed the tractor check and see if there was insurance on it. Sometimes the insurance will last longer than the loan.

I wish you well.
kt

View my Photos
dfkrug

2006-03-07          125686

Unfortunately, Kubota, JD, Kioti, NH, etc. make theft easy for determined thieves. One key will start any tractor of a particular brand. This is idiotic. Has anyone changed their starter key cylinders? ....

View my Photos
StephenR

2006-03-07          125694

TXTRACTOR,SG8NUC,
That was me who bought the stolen tractor. Court trail is coming up so cross your fingers the judge makes restituton mandatory. I feel for you TXTRACTOR, police say this is increasing all over the country. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-07          125696

dfkrug, don't feel bad about the key to your CUT, my $150k excavator is the same way, one key fits every one of them.

As the old saying goes, "Locks are for honest people only, they don't stop thieves.".

We use shipping containers a lot. Not only are they very secure, but they also offer no indication of what is inside. A lot of crooks won't risk breaking into something if they can't see inside first.

I agree with however said that your tractor was a known object. If they went to all the trouble of going way out in the country they would have gone into the house first if they were just looking for loot.

We use really simple methods. A car alarm system with keyless remote inside the container hooked to a truck battery. Open the container without the remote, all hell breaks loose, they make enough noise to wake the dead.

They caught some thieves up here recently in a bit of a sting. They were posing as buyers of turf equipment, then get the seller to give directions, etc., shortly afterwards the object disappeared. They rigged up an expensive mower under hidden cameras and had it covered with invisible, indelible ink. The thieves denied it all until they flipped on the black lights and they lit up like neon.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Doug Peterson

2006-03-07          125697

Somebody should start a forum posting convicted tractor theives. Included should be they're pictures. I have a feeling these same people move around quite a bit. Once they've learned how to do this they will probably continue doing so. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-07          125698

They already have it, it's called eBay....... ....

View my Photos
StephenR

2006-03-07          125699

DP,
You're not kidding, the guy was busted 2 1/2 years after I bought the tractor I had, and only because his old lady turned him in. He had somthing like $100,000 ~ $300,000 worth of stolen equipment on his property when the police showed up. I can't wait to testify against that POS. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-07          125700

As to same key being used by all Kubota's that may be true within a model or such as the series but I have two different serises of Kubota and the keys are very different.

We discussed recently different things we can do to protect our tractors and wonder if anybody took any action more than they had already, I did not.

I worked for a large heavy equipement manf for years. We did not use the same key for the igniation but the door key was different matter. It was 501 or 503 key. If you have one they fit all kinds of doors from heavy equipment to campers.

Jack, watch for the front end loader and tractor to be sold seperatly. Esp if it goes to ebay. By same token, if they keep it and add backhoe to it the looks change a lot.

kt

View my Photos
dfkrug

2006-03-07          125725

In terms of keys, I think JD industrial may be different from JD CUT, etc, etc. I have known this applies to big equipment, too. I am a bit surprised by the starter switch protection box keys being the same for many industrial tractors. Seems like a pretty ineffective bandaid for identical starter keys.

The last time I had to replace a Kubota starter switch, I was going to put in an after-mkt switch, but I could not find the same functionality elsewhere and I did not want 2 switches. So I did the lazy thing and bought a Kubota switch. ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2006-03-08          125757

Kubota L4310 4x4, Serial #72183, Great Bend Loader with chain hooks welded on bucket, had a hay spear on back when stolen. I did contact the Kubota dealer and filed a police report within a few hours of the theft. I appreciate everyones support. They cut (or had key) to the power company lock, because that lock is gone. Its someone who has been by there before, as the tractor was hidden behind large round bales and not visable from the road... ....

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-08          125759

Did you say "power company lock"??????????????? Meaning, did the power company install the lock? Or did you use an old power company lock???????????????? Just to give you an idea of how the power company maintains key and lock security................our power company has one key that fits EVERY lock in the county! If the power company required you to allow that this lock be installed; the power company bear SUBSTANTIAL pecuniary liability if not total liability in the theft of your tractor. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-08          125762

When I worked for the power company in BC (30 years ago)we had hardened locks that were very tough. Like Randy said there was one key for all the locks we placed. It does raise the question if it was a person related to the power company. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2006-03-08          125763

Seems like everybody and the brother and sister has a key to the power company locks in my area. The power company claims they need to have ready access to fix any problems with the power lines. I can understand this but each lock needs to have its own individual key and the power company needs to have a competent key and lock custodian to administer an EFFECTIVE key and lock control program. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2006-03-08          125766

30 years ago we had very tight control on the keys. My father carried them for 20 year or more. The same locks were used on the pole switches. I don't remember any on private property.
If I needed a key for private property I had to pull them out of a file and they were owner supplied. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-03-08          125775

We do a lot of horse work for the power company and telephone company up here. We routinely use the power companies yards for storage and have a copy of their key.

We never leave anything of value, usually just a load of hay & feed if we'll be working in that area for a while. The reason we don't leave anything is the lack of security. The power company guys laugh about it, standard inventory on every truck is 2 pieces of chain 2' long each, to replace the chain they use to lock the gates, the chain gets cut constantly by people letting themselves in and so is often too short to be useful, so it gets replaced. A 'hardened lock' is only as secure as the $2 chain it is locked onto.

As for a tractor being out of sight, I get lots of visitors at my airport, many of them are looking for a sight-seeing ride. We had one instance last fall where a rather suspicious looking fellow showed up saying he wanted to get a ride to see if he could spot a 4 wheeler that had been stolen from him. One of the instructors offered to take him up, for a price. He called back on the radio a short while later and in a whisper asked if we could have the police meet him upon landing. It seemes the guy had a digital camera, GPS, and a notepad with him and was accumulating quite a list of ATV's, tractors, boats, PWC's, etc.

When the police showed up they ran his lic. plate before he even returned, the cop smiled and said thanks, apparently they knew exactly who this guy was. He had some tough questions to answer, and left in the back of the cop car.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-03-09          125878

what kind of miscreant steals a man's source of livelihood!? it they ever catch that theif, I hope they stick him on that hay spear and parade him around town as a good lesson to all them crooks. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-09          125904

I think he was a muslim. LOL ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-03-09          125914

My neighbor - yes the same one - acquired a second tractor in late fall 2005 which was put up a hill out of sight this winter - along with his original tractor. Last night he moved his original tractor behind the house. Tonight he brought the newly acquired one down the hill and showed it to a prospective buyer. I found the ad in the paper where it says:

John Deere 950, 4x4, w/frt loader, 767hrs, 1-owner, always garaged, w/Woods 6' york rake, $11850

Buyer beware. ....

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-03-10          125921

SG8NUC,

you read my mind :) ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2006-03-10          125926

Yes, it was a power company lock that they installed so they can read the meter, and they were "ZERO" help when notified. But, they just cut my chain and put a new lock on yesterday (wasnt that nice of them.) Niether of the two corner stores close by were any help, they wouldnt let me look at their security tapes, I even offered $100.00 for the tape. I guess they dont try and help in Iran. A hard lesson learned... ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2006-03-10          125927

ncrunch32
that tractor you are talking about ,would it be in the new "want-ad digest" would it.????? ....

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2006-03-10          125930

Jazak, the want ad digest has been around a while. But you've got it correct. ....

View my Photos
Justus

2006-08-24          133668

News from Pennsylvania:

Posted on Wed, Aug. 23, 2006 Centre Daily Times

Troopers say far more expected from stolen farm equipment ring

STONINGTON, Pa. - An interstate theft ring has been found to have trafficked in more than a quarter of a million dollars' worth of stolen farm equipment, and investigators said Wednesday they expect to find much more.
"This thing is becoming bigger and bigger on a daily basis," Trooper Matt Burrows said at a news conference.
The case started in Gloucester County, Va., when a dealership there reported $49,000 worth of equipment was stolen. Lt. John Schick of the Gloucester County Sheriff's Office said Pennsylvania authorities got involved after someone saw a stolen front-end loader in Zerbe Township, Northumberland County, and phoned the dealership for information, not realizing it was stolen.

There were 13 pieces of equipment, including tractors, front-end loaders and horse trailers, found in this area, state police in Stonington said, all stolen from various locations in Virginia.

The investigation showed equipment was stolen from New York, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas, and brought to Pennsylvania, then distributed at a "considerable discount," Schick said.

Those who purchased the items won't be prosecuted and should not be afraid to come forward, officials said.

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-08-24          133672

Justus

Did the officials let them know they will just loose their money and equipment what a deal. I'm sure the investigators will be flooded with information. First find the theives, take back the money, repay the suckers, and return the equipment to the owners. The victims should be first. ....

View my Photos
Justus

2006-08-24          133675

SG, I understand what you're saying but I'm just the messenger. I receive a periodic newsletter from an organization and decided to share this one with hopes of giving someone that may have lost a piece of equipment somewhere to turn and also to show (Somewhat) the scope of the problem. As for the buyers of that equipment, my heartfelt sympathy but as the article said, you WON'T be arrested (Receiving Stolen Property). It may not be much but that's the good part. If I had bought one of these pieces of equipment I'd be pissed. If I had one stolen I'd be just as pissed. It's not the police, but Judges and insurance companies that decide who gets what. They tell me that's what attorneys are for so if I had inadvertently purchased one of these stolen pieces of equipment I'd be hiring one of those rascals with the money I'd saved by NOT getting arrested (and having to hire an attorney to defend me)to try and get as much of my money back as possible. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-08-24          133676

Understand. Someone on TP bought a tractor at a fair price a while back, come to find out it was stolen. Lawenforcement took the unit. He lost the tractor, money end of story. Lawyers cost money probabaly more than the tractor. Just does not seem fair. I am sorry if you thought my venting was directed at you it was not. You provided good information for the future. I hope those people get treated fairly. ....

View my Photos
Justus

2006-08-24          133677

SG, I didn't take it personal, I was just passing on what I had found out in hopes it might help someone. I sent E-mail to the original poster as it said texas was one of the states equipment had been stolen from. As we both know however, the police can't legitimately say this guy gets this and that guy has to pay that, it's the courts and insurance that decide who gets what. If I had bought a $15,000+ tractor that was stolen that I believed to be a legitimate deal, I'd be willing to spend a couple grand on an attorney if I thought I could get most of my money back. The bad guy must have a pick up truck or something that the court can give me through a good attorney. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-08-24          133678

I agree. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login