Go Bottom Go Bottom

Good price or not

View my Photos
Ray
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-24          123367

I just bought a Kubota B7510HST with 30hrs. Kubota 60" belly mower 30hrs, LA271 Loader 30hrs, new 4` box scraper and a new dual axle (7000lb GW) trailer with electric brakes for $13,000 total (no Taxes). I think I got a good deal. This is my first tractor so I am not sure, any input from you guys will be much appreciated. Plus any advise about being a new tractor owner would be great also..Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Good price or not

View my Photos
Ray

2006-01-24          123368

Sorry, the price was $13,600 total not $13,000. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123370

I am now a member of TractorPoint.Com, this site is bad to the bone. This a great place for Newbies like myself. Hope someday I can contribute myself with tidbits of knowledge. Anything I can help anybody with, just ask. Thanks ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
jarndt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-24          123388

That sounds like a steal to me!

What type of input are you looking for? What will you be doing with your new toy... I mean, tool? ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
jarndt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-24          123389

That sounds like a steal to me!

What type of input are you looking for? What will you be doing with your new toy... I mean, tool? ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-24          123391

New would be at least 20K so it is an excellent deal. I assume you got the balance of the waranty? ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123402

Yes, the warranty is good til Oct. 2007, If you read my Profile, it will explain what I have in mind for the tractor. After I am done with the Taxiway, hanger and landscaping, I will have about 2 acres to maintain and will be glad to help others in the community since it is a fairly new Airpark. It is a poormans Airpark though, don`t think like I have a Leer jet or anything, just a little 2 seater anphibious airplane. Its a grass strip in Mid-Michigan and only useable during the non-snow months.
As for what input I am looking for is anything that will help me get the most out of my Kubota. And any safety tips from getting me hurt or worse, maintenance tips. Is insurance neccessary? Anything that might help a newbie. Thanks
Ray

Good price or not

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-24          123406

Zorro,

I find that looking at the already posted info has helped me out a lot.

Insurance? To cover the tractor if stolen or any work you may do?

Best advice I could give anyone, read the manual and go slow in safe place to get the feel of your machine. You will find some great people here. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123407

There are great people here, I love this site.
I was looking for insurance more for the purpose of theft. I am not sure if my homeowners covers it or not, I will call tomorow if they do I am all set then. I was also curious about when I transport it to my place up north and back also, if it covered if something happens on the road? Thanks ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
countryboy

2006-01-24          123410

One thing I learned very early with my CUT is keep that FEL as close to the ground as you can at all times. by keeping the weight low you minimize chance of tractor becoming unstable on any terrain.
Steve

As to liability/theft etc each insurance company is different so is best to get it directly from them ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-01-24          123413

It is the same as with a forklift. Center of gravity. If for some reason the unit you are operating becomes over loaded and the load is kept low, when the load strikes the ground the tipping will stop. The best is to have some kind of counterweight but a tractor in mud or wet conditons is not the best option. When you pick up a load on the Fel, start to back up make a turn and forget to lower it your but will go into seat grabing mode and remind you. Couple of these and you will start to remember. Wear your seat belt, it will keep you inside the ROP. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123415

Thanks guys,,, I was also wondering how much a box scraper or even a bush hog hanging out the back helps with keeping the back tires grounded and traction with a full bucket load? I was thinking of wheel weights. But I was thinking maybe the extra weight hanging out the back should do the trick, am I thinking on the right track or what? ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-01-24          123417

Making a turn with the FEL loaded and up, I dont think that anything will help you except out riggers. Counter weight will help you with straight foward and reverse moves.
Like Countyboy said keep that FEL low don't forget ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-01-24          123418

If you didn't get an owners manual with this set-up, be sure to find one somewhere. Follow the rear ballast recommendations there-in.

Some sort of rear counter-weight is ABSOLUTELY necessary if you are going to move dirt of heavy stuff with the FEL. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2006-01-24          123420

i am not a busines however I just bough several tech,sevice and owner manuals on ebay at half of dealer cost.
I have my jd insured on my home owners on a rider policy,it was cheaper than jd with the financing involved. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123423

I have Citizens insurance on my house and auto, I bet I can get a Rider for my tractor, thats a good Idea.
I do have all the manuals for this tractor, just have not got into them yet, but I will for sure. Thanks ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-24          123424

Zorro,
Look at the thread on "tip a canoe". Gives you a lot on the stability issue.

As to insuring your tractor will vary with your homeowners company, some will and some will not also some are not filled (approved) with the state you are in where they can insure such. If they will cover it, most if not all will require you to do so with a "rider" which will list the serial number and such.

I have mine insured with Farm Bureau on seperate policy. No I don't work for them, but their rate was very good. It can be a hit and miss deal to find the best option. You can find policies that will cover your tractor for some damage such as you wrecking it, much like collision on your car. For you guys that like to roll them down a hill that might be a good option. What ever you do decide on ask what is covered and then ask what is not covered. This type of coverage varies a lot.

If covering under your homeowners policy realize if you file a claim on the tractor it probably will be consider a claim on your homeowners policy, meaning you could be charged more, canceled coverage, considered a poor risk for your home when you would think the tractor has nothing to do with your home. Guess what, that would follow you from one company to another for a few years! Fun.

kt ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
Art White

2006-01-24          123425

Primary yard care tractors are covered on all the homeowners policy's I've seen. ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-01-24          123429

Art,

You may be 100% correct as homeowners insurance is regulated at the state level. IN MY STATE THAT IS NOT CORRECT. A few years ago that was true for most of the 50 states. If it is there is a very low cap on the value of such. As a rule of thumb if the item has it's own serial number your homeowners policy will not cover it or it is limited at to amount.

Again, it will vary from company to company to some degree and might vary from state to state but many areas of your homeowners policy is limited such as amount for fire arms, jewerly, lawnmower, furs and some other similar areas.

If you trust your homeowners policy covers a true tractor you might be greatly disappointed. Again, this might be different in your state. If your agent says yes, ask them to show it to you or put it in writing and sign it.

Take the 30 or so minutes to be sure. It might be worth it. Be sure your agent understands you are talking a "tractor". DO NOT give them the impression it is just a riding lawnmower. Many agents have no idea the difference. Point out the value and ask very simple would you cover that amount.

kt ....

Good price or not

View my Photos
zorro357

2006-01-24          123431

All of you guys bring up very interesting and valued points, I will definately check into this tomorow. I will post what I find out.
Like you said, state to state are all different. I will check with my agent, but like KT said, I am willing to bet my agent has never been asked to insure a "real" tractor.
Thanks for all the info, you guys have been great.

Ray ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login