Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket float control

View my Photos
willisjw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-23          123288

Forgive the newbie question but I am reading the manual for my "new" (20 year-old) Kubota L2850 and it says to put the bucket lift control in the float position for working on a hard surface. The manual illustration seems to show some position that is ultra forward for the lift control (further "down" than "down"). Can this be possible? Wouldn't that just be driving the bucket further into the ground? I'm imagining that for snow plowing you do want the bucket to float on the ground, right?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket float control

View my Photos
MacDaddy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-23          123292

The "float" position will not drive the bucket further into the ground. The stick is pushed forward beyond the bucket lowering position which allows it to operate independantly. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-23          123298

You need to practice a couple of times over some soft ground. With the bucket about 6 inches off the ground quickly "jamb" the stick through the forward position and into float position. If you do it slowly you WILL force the bucket down. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
willisjw

2006-01-23          123299

Ok, terrific. Thanks for the quick feedback. I will practice on some soft ground I don't care about. This is going to be very useful. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
kwschumm

2006-01-23          123308

Don't raise the bucket too high when you do that. It will drop in a hurry. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
simonmeridew

2006-01-23          123311

Once you have the bucket "floating" then you need to adjust the tilt angle up or down so that you just scrape the top surface, whether it's snow or gravel material. This tilt angle will vary depending on several factors which you will learn with practice.
simonmeridew ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
RRagent

2006-01-23          123325

Well this newbe learned something too, I had never thought of using tilt with bucket in Float. I'll have to pratice some to. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
duke8444

2006-01-25          123471

I have had my L2850 for a year now and never realy understood the the float position and now I do. Thanks, guys. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
dfkrug

2006-01-25          123475

I have had several L2550s, which are the same as the
L2850s, except for the engine. I noticed that all of the
units that I acquired (used and abused) had worn off
loader joystick labels, which show how to use FLOAT. Also,
you could tell no one used the FLOAT position as the
joystick (though sloppy from wear) was resistent to getting
into the FLOAT position. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
outlook

2006-02-03          123993

My B2410(FEL LA352) float control works if I hold it manaully in float but I thought it used to stay in float(as if it had a detent). The memory is a terrible thing to go waste but it had been a while since I had used the float. Am I remembering it correctly? ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
DRankin

2006-02-03          123997

Yes............it should click into a detent and stay there until you pull it out. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2006-02-03          124001

"My B2410(FEL LA352) float control works if I hold it manaully in float but I thought it used to stay in float(as if it had a detent)."

It should have a detent to hold it in float. Mine broke in its first winter of use and it's been "manual" ever since. It sounds like a common thing that will just happen again if I fixed it.
Dave ....

bucket float control

View my Photos

2006-02-03          124002

Based on my reading these comments earlier I used the float on my 2410 and it worked great, and I did not have to hold it in place. Thanks everyone for helping me understand how this works ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
Kendews

2006-02-11          124398

Yup, my float control detent stopped holding shortly after I got my tractor. Every time I take it in for something I have them adjust it so it will hold but then it just goes manual again. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-13          124450

There is no adjustment to this. We normally fill the end with grease at this point and never seem to have them back for the problem. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
Kendews

2006-02-13          124452

Well if I lived closer to you I could bring my tractor in and you could fill my end with grease. As it is they do something that temporarily fixes it. Maybe I should take it apart to see whats going on in there. ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
charlieK

2006-02-14          124465

kendews, yer float detent ball brg. is falling out of it's original position. get a new valve; but it should be fixable. mine was fixable. good luck! ....

bucket float control

View my Photos
Art White

2006-02-14          124468

Only a screw or two depending on type of the valvewill get you there, what happens they catch all the condensation from the heat of the oil going thru the valve and cause moisture build up in the bottom area of the valve. To fill the end caps with grease during assembly has seemed to slow the process as we haven't had any comebacks on this practice. We currently have been doing it for about four or five years on all makes with good success. I would recommend fixing the valve first and there is a kit for it which would give you the new parts that are causing the problem. It's about one hour bench time to dissassemble clean and assemble. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login