Go Bottom Go Bottom

How many of you bought from your local dealer

View my Photos
ltaafd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-22          113765

How many of you bought from your local dealer? If not have you gotten service or parts there and is there any issues with service?

KC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-22          113770

I bought from my local dealer. But I got quotes from several others within an hour or so drive to see where he was at. I then went back and told him I had better offers but that I wanted to give him another try since he was local and we should be doing long term business together for maintenance, etc. He came back and just beat the price I had in mind but hadn't stated. So it worked out for me.

The organization (part of a 9+ dealer network owned by one parent) then let me down by taking forever to get the tractor up from Missouri. I could have been there and back wit the tractor in 8 hours. It took them over 3 weeks. That sucked!

I'm close to the 50 hour service so we'll see what happens. ....

View my Photos
Tycasco

2005-07-22          113780

I drove about 45 mins north to Pa. I went to two local dealers spent 10 to 15 minutesinside and not one saleman ask to help me so I left. I work out well though bought it May 2nd the day the 0% 3 yr deal started. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-22          113785

I shopped locally for Kubota, NH and JD. The Kubota dealer was the worst, they ignored me when I showed up on site and when I called for an appointment to talk to a sales guy they were very rude. The JD and NH guys were friendly and helpful. I ended up buying JD and have been pleased with the initial transaction and follow up service. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2005-07-22          113788

I bought my Kubota tractor from my closest Kubota dealer. I was satisfied with the sales department but the service department leaves something to be desired. It seems like every question I ask they can't answer. As a result the next tractor is going to be a John Deere or New Holland where there is better service. The sale only lasts for ashort period but I have to interface with the service area much longer. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-07-24          113837

As a muti-line dealer I will tell you that some of the lines the tech's know far more about do to the quality and the returns to the shop from more frequent problems. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2005-07-24          113840

I agree in part what you are saying Art White. However, it is a case of customer service. If you don't know the answer be willing to ask someone who does know, look up the answer or contact the manufacturer in order to respond to the customer. ....

View my Photos
Gatorbait

2005-07-28          114023

I tried to buy from my local dealer. He wanted 11.5k, I paid 10.8k & he refused to match it and told me "that's a long way to drive for service" I guess insinuating he would not service it if I bought it elsewhere. Guess what...he won't because after that, I'll drive the extra 20 miles and never set foot in his place again. ....

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-07-29          114049

Bad customer service is a BIG pet peave with me. Good customer service is so easy to do, doesn't have to cost much, and has the potential to net higher revenues, yet it is so hard to find sometimes. It never fails to amaze me over how little some people are willing to give up a customer. It is almost always more expensive to attract a new customer than it is to retain an existing one, and it only takes one bad experience to drive one away. Case in point: I drive past a dealer every day on my way to and from work, but I go an additional 15 miles out of my way to another dealer because of the closer dealer's bad rep. A friend of mine had a very bad experience there (involving a $40,000+ sale). I'm not about to expose myself to that kind of potential, even if I'm only looking for someone to do routine PM service on a <$10,000 machine. ....

View my Photos
kyvette

2005-07-29          114050

I purchased my NH locally about 18 miles away. The dealer performed warrenty work on a hydaulic leak. I also had the 50hr service performed by the dealer. So far I am satisfied with the dealer and his service department. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-08-01          114209

Retcol, you are absolutely right that there is no reason for the right answers not to be given. Sometimes it might just take longer to get to the right person to find them. ....

View my Photos
duke8444

2005-08-05          114434

Here in south central Kentucky all dealers are represented and they are not all the same. My next tractor buy will be based on parts and service by the dealer-not tractor color. ....

View my Photos

2005-08-05          114442

Duke8444

I can not help you with Kentucky dealers. I live now
in N. Wisconsin and I know the dealers here. When
I bought my last tractor-a L3430Kubota MFWD Hydostatic
with a 62 inch front snowblower, I priced 6 dealers
of Kubota. I went back to the dealer that was 200 miles
away, the same one I bought my first Kubota from.
I decided to pick up the tractor myself. His price was
nearly $3000 less than any of the others. I am pretty
old school even though I am a retired dentist(only49).
I grew up on a farm where we did ALL service and repairs
and I do this with everything, be it snowmobile,4-wheelers,
equipment,my trucks, and my tractors. It does involve
having the tools, the manuals, and the time, but I like
doing it and I have the time. Today, I do not work my
tractors like we did when farming, so repairs are quite
rare, but maintenance still needs to be done. It is not
'brain surgery', but I realize in todays world not alot
of people want to deal with doing this stuff. I do.

doc ....

View my Photos
duke8444

2005-08-05          114446

Doc,

I agree with you. I have repair and parts manuals. I repair everything myself because I like doing it and I am sure it is done right. When I go to a dealer for parts, I usually have the old part and the part number from the manual. The dealer gets the part, but the wait drives me crazy and since I work during their week hours I can only get to the dealer on Saturday the wait makes it worst.

Earl ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login