Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-19          112556

Hi fellas, I just split my B7200 due to the clutch creeping and noise in the housing. When I took the flywheel off, I noticed that the center hole is worn eggshaped. It appears that the mounting holes and center hole is a sleeve that could be pressed in. Can I press the old one out and get a new one to press in or am I into buying a complete flywheel. Also, what would be the cause of the center hole in the flywheel wearing egg shaped ? Thanks for any replies.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-19          112558

That is the pilot bushing for the input shat for the trans. You can press them out and get a new one. It is normal ware. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1

2005-06-20          112587

Thanks Friend, Do you think I should get a new flex coupler at the trans side of the shaft replaced too ? . I just want to make it right, already split the thing twice, not really into splitting it again or do you think I can leave it as is and just change the pilot shaft bushing. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-20          112589

What I do when I split tractors is pilot bushing/bearing(which ever is applicable), Friction disk pressure plate, throw out bearing and input shaft seal. Basically anything that is there that is a wear part, including flex couplers if applicable. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1

2005-06-20          112594

Hey Oneace or anyone else here. I just checked into the end of the crank, very worn. The new pilot bushing just falls out, real loose. I just resurfaced the flywheel on my lathe. Is it possible to drill out the center of the flywheel and just put in a bronze bushing to keep the input shaft straight or is the bearing idea better, If you use a bearing, do you just press it in or is there some type of retainer that I would have to make to hold it in. Has anyone just pressed in a bushing to your knowledge. Thanks alot here. I am walking into deep water here. Hate to have to install a new crank. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-21          112604

I have installed bronze on some older machines with no problem. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-06-21          112612

I had the same problem with my old B7200. The end of the crank was worn and we put a brass bushing in the end of the crank and then used the pilot bearing. It only last a year or so. I then sent an e-mail to Tractorsmart and Ronnie Bowman talked me through what to do. I ended up getting a bearing pressed into the flywheel and then had to have the input shaft cut down to fit in there. I sold it to my brother and he is still using it every week. Some friends of my dad's did the lathe work and pressing in the bearing. Shoot Ronnie an e-mail over at tractorsmart.com and he will walk you through the whole process. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1

2005-06-21          112621

Fellas, I have another question. When I took the flywheel off of the tractor, I didn't mark the location where it cam off. My question is, can I put the flywheel on anywhere or does it have to be on a certain way for timing purposes. Also the new clutch disk that I just got seems tight when I try to slide it over the spline.Is this normal. I checked it with my old clutch and it slid right on, but it did show some wear in the spline hub. It just seems as if it will cause some restriction when I slide the tractor back together. Thanks for all of your help fellas. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
oneace

2005-06-21          112626

If timing is an issue the bolt holes will be arranged in such a way that only one position will be obtainable.

For the tight clutch disc you might want to try some graphite on the splines and work it back and forth. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1

2005-07-01          112990

Thanks fellas for your replies, I finally got it back together and it shifts fine. The clutch works great. I made a bronze bushing and installed it in the center of the flywheel. However, I am still hearing a jingling sound when I push in the clutch. Do you think it could be the throwout bearing riding on the forks that I am hearing. Or worse, the throwout bearing is stuck. I did replace it when I did the job. I tried to spin it on the shaft by hand and I couldnt do it. I figured that it spins when pressure from the forks hit it, am I wrong here ? ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-01          113006

The throw out bearing should spin free at the face where it contacts the fingers of the pressure plate. The body it self should not spin. ....

B7200 Flywheel Question

View my Photos
rhino1

2005-07-02          113025

Thanks oneace, I split the tractor again, Like a fool, I put the throwout on backwards. Tractor runs fine now. I do have another problem that just appeared when I hooked up my front loader. Trans oil is leaking (Running) out from under a plate that is above the rocker for the 3 point. Did I blow a gasket or something here or what. Whats under that plate, I just dont want a bunch of springs or bearings fly out on me when I remove it. Thanks for all of your help Oneace and Kubotaguy. You guys know your stuff. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login