Go Bottom Go Bottom

I want my B7800

View my Photos
mbking22
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-11          109702

Well, if we can ever afford it, I've pretty much gotten the CEO's blessing to trade for a B7800. I have a BX2200 now with 600 hrs on it. Great little tractor, good in the yard, but just too small for the pasture (7acres). Hopefully, the B7800 will be ok on my lawn w/either belly mower or RFM. Any suggestions? FEL is a must also. What size rotary mower and RFM do yall suggest?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I want my B7800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-11          109708

Go with the 72" as it will make the insidecircle close to what you are used to with the BX. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-04-12          109723

Do you recommend a RFM or belly mower with a b7800? I've got a few trees, mostly open space to mow. Lots of hills and dips though. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-04-12          109731

It you go with the 72" MMM, make sure that it will fit wherever you are storing your tractor. My shed door is only 6 foot wide and I had to get the 60"MMM as the 72" wouldn't fit.
I used my 7800 all last year to mow with and didn't have any problem with compaction or tearing the yard up. I have loaded R-4's and they worked like a champ mowing. I did remove the loader most of the time because of clearance around my yard. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-12          109737

Even though I own a different brand, I used a 72" mmm on my tractor last year. It did a great job and I have quite a few trees. So it made it nice to just look down to the left to see how close I was getting to the tree. With a rear mount, you can probably back the deck under the tree branches better, but I had to turn around often to see what the rear mount was doing. So it was more neck and back strain for me.

I also remove the loader when mowing. It makes the tractor more agile and you are less likely to hit something with it when not looking straight ahead. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
beagle

2005-04-12          109740

I also have loaded R-4's on my 7800 and have no problems with turf damage. The last tractor had turfs, and I think the R-4's are just as easy on the lawn, and cetainly much better for general work.

I use a RFM for mowing, and really like the convenience of on-off at the 3-point. It took a little getting used to, but after a couple mowing pattern changes, it works great. And when you're done, roll it off the back and get on with life.

We really like the 7800. We've made several modifications to it and call it our 7810. With interchangable parts from the 2910, we were able to add some features the 7800 lacked. Great tractor, wouldn't be without it. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
JIm

2005-12-14          121071

You should stop refering to your tractor as a 7810 on this board since it confuses those people who are new to CUT's and on this site to learn more about them. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
Art White

2005-12-14          121073

I like belly mowers the best. They aren't a pain in the neck. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
zyxbobby

2005-12-14          121087

I purchased a B7800 this fall and love it. I have had a Super A with a Belly mower for years that I really like it for all the reasons everyone likes a belly mower, but also have a 72" rear finish mower on an old Long 350. I put the finish mower on the B7800 because I ran out of cash. With the hydrostatic trans, I really like the rear mower for trimming. Yes you do get tired of turning around, but can back under bushes, into corners that a belly mower can't do. Secret to me is the easy forward/back hydro over a clutch with the rear mower. And rear is easier off/on with 3 pt hitch. I'd get solid tires on the mower. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
babkag

2006-03-03          125519

May I ask, what features did you add? Going to purchase mine fully loaded tomorrow. ....

I want my B7800

View my Photos
zyxbobby

2006-03-03          125529

I added a LA 402-1 front end loader w/60" bucket and tooth bar. Also put a canopy on it. Since, I have purchased a box blade and land scape rake. Want to get a tiller and fertizer spreader. I have an old sprayer, but want to upgrade that. Good luck on your new purchase! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login