Go Bottom Go Bottom

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
jd60kid
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-31          105315

hey guys im currently lookin at the Kubota L3130 GST Any info would be appreciated.Id like to know more about the intelli panel that the grand L's have.

Thanks,
Aaron

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-31          105319

Let's see it has a digital speedometer, hour meter, PTO speed. It flags you for scheduled maintenance and tells you which interlock is not letting the starter work (like the PTO is engaged or that the transmission is in gear). It also has fuel level and engine temperature bar gauges.

I have the gear model so the GSTs probably tell you more. Is there anything specific you had a question about?
Dave ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-01          105391

If not mistaken the dash is the same for all three,DT,GST and hydro. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
bnrhuffman

2005-02-02          105400

From a Kubota press release.
"The IntelliPanel™ instrument panel accurately conveys systems data through a combination of digital letters, symbols and industry standard indicators. These advise the operator of equipment status and warn of any circumstances exceeding normal operating limits. The LCD (liquid crystal display) IntelliPanel™ can be easily read day-or-night. Standard indicators include hour meter, trip meter, mph travel speed, rear- and mid-PTO speed, fuel, temperature and shift position."

I've got a 3130 GST and I was a little worried about how well the electronics would hold up. Almost two years now and not a glitch. My tractor doesnt live in the rain though. It spends the summers under a carport (it does get some rain spray on it at times) and the winters in the garage. I do hose the dash off just like everything else when washing it.
I could easily do without the intellipanel, it wasnt one of the selling features for me and I prefer things simple but so far so good.

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
texbaylea

2005-02-05          105537

Looking at the panel on my L3130HST I can see where the indicators for the functions for manual and GST. So it would seem that the same panel is used for all of that series tractors just connected to the different sensors/switches depending on the transmission type. From what I have read the tractor is fully usable even if the panel should fail.

I really like my L3130HST. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
rabbittrun

2005-02-05          105557

Enough said about the intelipanel! HOW ABOUT THIS: One of the best features is the ability to have a flat deck betwixt you and the tilt steering! Or, the really nice spring supported seat with fold down arms! Or, the quitness of the engine! Or the fine step down, step up with large handholds on each fender! Not to mention that one can move around on this tractor with no gear shift lever to knock you in the knickers! Well, that intellipanel?? It is very helpful to have the PTO rpm's when you are doing some heavy
mowing/bushoggin' or grooming. All in All this is one fine tractor! ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
jd60kid

2005-02-06          105618

Hey thanks guys any info at all you have on the 3130 is appreciated. It dosent have to be about the intellipanel.
So just keep it comin.

Aaron ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
retcol

2005-02-07          105623

I think the Grand L series is a good tractor. However, I will probably buy a different brand next time because I am not impressed with the Kubota Corporation. All they are is a bunch of excuses. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
grassgod

2005-02-07          105632

I have had mine for 7 months now with about 400 hours on it. I have used it to dig utility trenches, spread loom & gravel, install lawns, brush hog, lots of loader work loading my trucks with material, snow plowing (plows like a champ!), Pile brush with the grapple, Dig out 12" - 15" stumps, dig & bury 500 gallon propane tanks & the list goes on & on. It is a work horse & I have had no disapionts. I have the GST & have absolutly no regrets & would no change a thing if i was able to. I had a JD prior that I traded in & the only thing I slightly miss is the joystick location for the loader but I am looking into modifying that now. The reach capacity & lift wieght is awsome, the engine is nice & smooth & quiet which I am not sure I would appreciate if I hadnt owned the JD prior & the Quick attach(skid steer mount) bucket is priceless...if i need an attachment on a job but dont have the money to buy it at that time I just go to the nearest Bobcat dealer & rent the attachment! I rate it 9.5 because nothing is perfect. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
jd60kid

2005-02-07          105686

retcol,

why arent you impressed w/kubota???? ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
retcol

2005-02-09          105807

I bought my Grand L tractor in early October 2004. I financed it through Kubota Credit. They were suppose to send me information acknowledging the contract and providing me payment coupons. I didn't hear but the time was getting close to when the first payment was due. I checked with Kubota and was told the letter was in the mail. However, they stated they were so busy and the letter got delayed. I finally had to send a payment through the dealer and still nothing. I finally got a letter dated after the due date indicating the payment due date. The letter was dated after they said it was in the mail. Another time they hadn't processed my check. They again said they were so busy. I take that as an indicator when I have a real serious problem they will indicate they are so busy. I am accustom to working with a company where the customer is important. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
Art White

2005-02-09          105839

Kubota builds the best tractor, they still haven't mastered marketing as well as some of the others that specialize in marketing and don't build such great tractors. There growth rate here in the US has left them a bit behind keeping up with the systems needed for this market place. The frustration of the finacing end is very short compared to the longevity of the ownership of a superior built tractor. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
grassgod

2005-02-09          105843

I completely agree with you Art. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-02-10          105871

I understand your issues with customer service. Bad customer service is a real pet peave with me too. But don't be confused, Kubota Credit Corporation is a separate entity from Kubota Tractor Corporation of America (even though both businesses reflect on each other through the common name). Before discrediting Kubota in general you should have a look at KCC's online bill payment system. It has worked very well for me so far. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-02-10          105875

Kubota credit has cashed every one of my checks without delay! :) ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
mscott6799

2005-02-10          105882

Had the same problem with KCC as retcol.....purchased BX23 in Dec. and never received payment book. After emailing them several times and setting up online bill payments did I get a payment book. Two of them? ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
grassgod

2005-02-10          105884

I guess it's just the way the dealer turns the stuff in. I was accepted for my Kubota load in 1 hour flat & my payment book was mailing to me emmediatly which gave me plenty of time before my first payment was due. I was at my dealer yesterday getting a minor repair done on my Loader valve, I told them about the problem retcol had. He said that even thought the loan was a done deal that there is still some final paper work that the dealer has to send in before they will send you the payment book. He said it is common for the dealer to do this once a month & just turn them all in at once so if you bought your machine right after he had just turned in the prior months sales papers, you would have to waite.
One thing I will say that I was impressed with was I brought the tractor in because I had detent problems with my loader joystick, intially the dealer said they doubted Kubota would warrenty it because it was a wear & tear item. When I went to pick it up at the end of the day they told me that Kubota was going to cover it. I was impressed as I was fully willing to pay the bill. The best part is the joystick works smoother & faster now. I am pleased! ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
robclyde

2005-02-12          105992

Same story as Ret.....KCC needs to get their act together! My new 3430 was delivered 2 days before Thanksgiving and I LOVE IT, but after calls, I finally got a payment book in mid-January, along with past due notices! ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
Art White

2005-02-13          106022

I believe KCC is fully aware of the problem and they are trying to get it fixed, dealers in NY have but ten days to get the paperwork in to have it perfected but we still had some problems with a few just as stated here. WE do work with our customers to help them with there questions as well as trying not to have the problems stated here. ....

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
jarndt

2005-02-14          106041

As with any loan, don't wait until you have a payment coupon to send in your payment. It's not worth a stain on your credit history. A late payment is a late payment whether or not you had a coupon. It's obviously not fair, but it's still YOUR responsibility to pay your creditor, after all, it is THEIR money. This does not excuse bad customer service, but in a pissing contest with a creditor you'll ALWAYS lose.

L 3130 Info Needed

View my Photos
bnrhuffman

2005-02-14          106065

I had no trouble with my KCC loan. My dealer warned me that the payment book would probably be late. He told me if I didnt have it by a couple of days before the first payment was due, to call him and they would arrange with KCC for a late payment until I did get my book. My book got here about 1 week before my first payment, but had it not made it, I dont think KCC would have counted that as my fault. (at least according to my dealer). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login