Go Bottom Go Bottom

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mbking22
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-12          104062

A couple wks or so ago, I posted about messing up my FEL. Well, good news! It wasn't as bad as I thought. It's all fixed now. Apparently the strain I put on it caused a rupture in the power steering lines, which I had replaced. It's running fine now. I'm really starting to think I want a BX23 now (I've got a BX2200). I love digging in my pasture with this thing. Either BX23 or 7800, can't make up my mind. Anyhoo, thanks for the support and comments!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-12          104063

Glad to hear you're up and running again. The "bigger is better" saying usually holds true when talking about tractors. Go for it! ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-12          104064

Tractors are like boats. The longer you're on one, the smaller they get. I traded a Sub-compact for the B7800. What a difference. I think the Subs are great machines, but just going to the 7800 made a big difference in what I was able to do.

I agree, go for it. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-01-12          104068

Thanks for the advice. The 2200 is GREAT mowing, I've got about 3 acres I keep mowed, plus a path in the 7 acres of pasture. Only drawback is in the pasture it's a rough ride when bushhogging or anything else. The BX23 has a backhoe, which would be SO nice-so I'm trying to decide is a bigger tractor with FEL and mower better, then hopefully add BH later? Wish I could afford both. The 2200 is a very tough little tractor though. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-01-12          104069

Thanks for the advice. The 2200 is GREAT mowing, I've got about 3 acres I keep mowed, plus a path in the 7 acres of pasture. Only drawback is in the pasture it's a rough ride when bushhogging or anything else. The BX23 has a backhoe, which would be SO nice-so I'm trying to decide is a bigger tractor with FEL and mower better, then hopefully add BH later? Wish I could afford both. The 2200 is a very tough little tractor though. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2005-01-12          104078

I had a BX2200 for about a year and put 120 hours on it. Bought it to mostly mow with. Was able to do so much more than I expected with fel that I just traded it for B7800. With wet weather I have only driven it into tractor garage. Looking forward to dry weather. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-12          104098

Wouldn't mind having A Kubota B2410 to go with my BX23. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-01-12          104103

I would totally agree with anyone choosing to go to a bigger tractor if they have a small compact. The 7800 is a very nice unit but I would opt for the 2910 due to better lighting, position control, and other small features. The 7800 and up can run the 72" deck which is wonderful. I personally have a JD 4410 and was planning on buying a 4110 or 4115 until I tested a 4410 to see if I liked a 72" deck...I ended up buying it instead. The turfs do great on the lawn and even though the tractor weighs 2900 pounds. Bigger is definately better in this case...but then I only have a few things to mow around...mostly four acres of back and forth. It is a great ride! ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mscott6799

2005-01-12          104111

I always kind of laughed to myself when I first saw the tiny BX23. Now that I own one I am totally amazed at the capability of this machine. I have dug over 1000 feet of drainage ditch 2 to 3 feet deep in a swamp that eats anything heavier alive. The tires on the BX23 would stay on top long enough to lay 2x10's down under the stabilizers. Another nice thing is you can stay in the backhoe seat position lift the stabilizers and front bucket and hit the big go pedal with your hand and move the BX23 in seconds. Try that on a bigger machine. I told my Kubota dealer what I was wanting to do and asked him about something bigger and he kept telling me go with the BX23 even though he did'nt have one in stock. He had every Kubota but the BX23 and could have easily sold me something bigger. The BX23 may have its limits but if it won't do the job your probably going to have to hire something bigger then a 30hp machine to get it done. I also own a 35hp Jinma for the heavy pulling but so far the BX23 has'nt needed any help. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-01-13          104123

Yep. The BX23 would definitely have some projects waiting for it. I've got a very boggy spring area in my pasture I'd like to dig a trench for. Also, there's a section with where the creek runs into some brush that just STAYS stopped up. It helps promote the misquito as the Ga State bird. I really appreciate the input of you guys on this. I've got a while to decide. Lack of $ causes longer analyze time I guess. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-13          104166

It helps promote the misquito as the Ga State bird.
mbking22
============
I thought the sand gnat was the Ga. state bird !

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mbking22

2005-01-13          104169

Well, I guess it depends on whether it's North or South Ga.!

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-13          104171

St. Marys Ga. Right close to FL.
Them things bout eat wifie and me up back in 86.
Still had the itches for another 2 or 3 weeks after we got back to Ohio.
Them things are worse than the Oh. misquetos and chiggers combined.

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
funchy

2005-01-13          104173

I'm another happy bx23 owner. It's wonderful! I'm on 15 acres. It's done everything for me from mowing acres of grass to putting in lots of fencing to redoing the gravel drive. Come spring I'll be using it to dig underground water lines for horse waterers and maybe some electric in the horse shed. It's small but it sure does alot. ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-13          104175

Another nice thing is you can stay in the backhoe seat position lift the stabilizers and front bucket and hit the big go pedal with your hand and move the BX23 in seconds
mscott6799
==============
Do you have the parking brake on when you are digging with the BH?
Do you release the parking brake when you move the tractor or do you just hit the big pedal and move the tractor with the parking brake on?
Do you wear the seat belt when operating the back hoe?

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
mscott6799

2005-01-13          104177

lbrown59
I never set the parking brake just lower the bucket and stabilizers. When i'm ready to move I raise the stabilizers reach around raise bucket and push on the big go pedal. I'm not real sure if this is a Kubota approved method but it works and sure saves lots of time. Only problems I see at all with the BX23 is with the bucket and hoe on you have to be extra careful on hills or it seems you could upset it fairly easy. I'm in WV where most land is hills so i've put the BX23 to the test and have had it up on three wheels several times. I checked and was told you could not widen it any. Just keep the seatbelt tight and go easy. The last and biggest problem is that your neighbors will see it and ask you to do a few things for them and a few will even ask to borrow it. Yeah right? ....

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-13          104183

The last and biggest problem is that your neighbors will see it and ask you to do
a few things for them.

a few will even ask to borrow it. Yeah right?
===========
That's doin it the wrong way. On new years day I let my neighbor help me take out stumps for about 5 hours. Today he got to help me again for an hour or two.

It would take an $18000.oo deposit to borrow mine.

Update on Messed up FEL

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-19          104519

I'm another happy bx23 owner. It's wonderful! I'm on 15 acres. It's done everything for me from mowing acres of grass to putting in lots of fencing to redoing the gravel drive. Come spring I'll be using it to dig underground water lines for horse waterers and maybe some electric in the horse shed. It's small but it sure does alot.
funchy
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Had mine in the snow for the first time today.
Cleared about 250 feet of driveway in about 20 minutes with the fel.
Went very good for first time plowing snow.
Had fun.
Now to see How I do with it in a real snow. This was our first one this winter and was only about 2" but it gave me an excuse to go play in the snow.LOL
Oh well at least it was good for a little seat time.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login