Go Bottom Go Bottom

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
pratt_ne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-07          103764

I'm a new member to Tractor Point, been around for a while, but just signed up so I can ask some questions. I have a BX23 and want to add a hydraulic cylindar to the back for use as a top link. Using appropriate connectors, can I use the backhoe ports to connect to the control valve? If so, which one is the pressure side, and which is the return? I've also been scratching my head trying to figure out if this thing has an Open Center or Closed Center Hydro system. I think it is Open, but want the experts to tell me I am right. Help is appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
hwlewis

2005-01-07          103769

I am repeating this from my original post re a hydraulic top link for a BX series tractor:

" Yes, there is a lot of talk and chat on the Internet. However, to this date, I haven't seen one actually installed on a B series tractor.

The product IS NOT recommend by any of the mfg.s for use on tractors this size (BX or B series).
The reasons seem to be:
1. increased likelihood for damages to tractor and implement lift and hitch
parts
2. the implements positioning on the TOP LINK is easy to reach and use
without the use of hydraulics
3. these size Kubota tractors do not have the remote valves
4. lack of demand from the shoppers in the market

Since the attachment is not recommended, and damages should happen to occur to the tractor ... the warranty issues maybe challenged and I cannot recommended that a customer take that important risk. Consequently, we do not offer them as an option at this time.

I would really appreciate a report from any customer that has installed one of the kits (on their own) as to satisfaction level after installing and using it a while.

We are open to adding and selling the option in the future (however a purchaser may need to sign a note concerning the warranty issues acknowledgment."

Thanks so much.
We appreciate your continued business.

Steve
Carver Equip. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
pratt_ne

2005-01-07          103778

I wasn't asking for advice on whether or not I shoud do it. I know what I am doing, and why I want it.

My question was surrounding the actual design of the hydraulic system, and what type of valve I would need should I want to add one using the backhoe ports. I'm batting around ideas, and want to know what my capabilities are.

I am not asking for someone to supply this, nor would I ever ask my dealer to cover any modified portions of my tractor under warranty.

Anyone with an intimate knowlege of the hydraulic system have an answer for me?

Thanks, ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-07          103780

I have a similar plumbing set-up on my 4115 and I used to have a BX22. The is no problem with what you are proposing.

See my comments under "Top Link Sugestions" for more info. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
jpr62902

2005-01-08          103807

My understanding was that you also have to plumb a return line to the sump, in addtion to using the "to" and "from" connections for the BH. Don't you also have to use open center valves for this application? I'm also interested in building a top 'n' tilt setup for my BX22. Any help y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
pratt_ne

2005-01-08          103839

Thanks for the replies, I didn't understand either how it would put any more stress on the tractor or implement than a stationary top link, unless you got really crazy with it.

So, to build my own I need an appropriately sized cylindar, Open Center Valve (?), and hoses/fittings to plumb into the backhoe ports. Do you need a third line, or is the in/out backhoe ports all I need to plumb in? I do quite a bit of box blade work (4'), and spend most of my time stopping and turning the link in or out which gets very tedious.

Thanks for your help. So far I have gotten quite a bit of help from you guys. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-09          103853

You would attach your hydraulic port "out" line to an open center valve block and complete the circuit back to the port. The goal is to have a continuous, pressurized flow to the valve block any time the tractor is running.

The Tn'T hydraulic cylinders are run off of the valve block.

Your backhoe runs in the same manner. There is hydraulic pressure and flow running through the valve block any time the tractor is running whether you are using the backhoe or not. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
beagle

2005-01-09          103867

Adding another valve in series in a hydraulic circuit requires 3 ports. In - from the power beyond port of the upstream valve; PB - back to the hydraulic block or "in" port on the next valve in the series; and Out - directly back to the reservoir. The last valve in a series, or a single valve cicuit, does not require a PB port. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-01-09          103878

I might be confused, but.....

My BX22 had an "in" and "out" for the backhoe and no third line. If you do not have the lines hooked to an open center valve they have to be coupled together or the tractor makes some very unpleasant noises.

Ditto for my 4115. In and out.

When my Tn'T is hooked up in place of the backhoe or the log splitter.... the valve block is warm to the touch, and downright hot in the summer, even if I have not moved either cylinder control since start-up. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DingoBX
Posts: 6 Kyogle, NSW, Australia (East coast near Queensland border)

2005-01-20          104532

You cannot use the hydraulic connections for the BX23TLB backhoe for a hydro toplink so I bought a standard Kubota remote top link kit for my BX23TLB from my Kubota dealer for less than it would cost putting one together myself. Came complete with hoses, control valve that clamps to the ROPS and good instruction on how to fit. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-01-20          104548

I don't want to start an arguement..... but if you can't use the back hoe power beyond port on a BX22/23 to pressurize another valve block, then how does it run the backhoe?

My 4115 plumbing is set up just like a BX and my Tn'T works just dandy from the PB port and so does my log splitter. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-20          104552

DingoBX: Can you get us a Part Number for this tnt valve kit, please? ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DingoBX

2005-01-20          104569

I'm simply passing on advice received from the Kubota dealer that doesnt torpedo any warranty cover for a new BX... but I accept that as we're all human none of us can be perfect let alone experts to the "n"th degree. There has to be some trust in the world and as a believer in the Pareto principle the odds are in favor of everything working out right most of the time.

The kit part numbers for the Kubota Rear Remotes kit:
Hose kit BX7323
Valve Kit BX7322

The very helpful dealer (Deen Implement Co.) also supplied a small hydraulic toplink but I dont believe it was a Kubota original (as I dont have a part number) but it was in the Kubota color.

If it helps I can scan the assembly instructions and provide the dimensions/photo of the top link.

PS.. The BX23TLB is the best little work horse I've ever come across. ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DingoBX

2005-01-20          104570

A couple of more details... on the BX23 if you're raising/lowering the MMM the hydro controls override the FEL valve. I presume this is a safety. The Kubota remotes kit also hooks into the FEL valve so maybe this hookup provides the same protection. If you require copy of kit info sheets send me your email address and I'll send them direct as I'm not sure how to post the pix to this group.

Also.. can someone explain to me what a Tn'T is? ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-20          104573

TnT = Top and Tilt or the 3pt hydro controls for top link and one side link.

My e-mail is turned on. (click on my name and "send a private message") Please sent me what you can.

Thanks!! ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
tcary6

2005-01-22          104713

I would love to have more info on the hose kit and valve kit. I have a B7510 but think this info would apply to it also. Thanks Ted Cary ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DingoBX

2005-01-22          104728

For anyone who wants to know.
The Kubota part numbers for the remotes setup are
Remotes Valve Kit BX7322
Hose Kit BX7323
As the P/N's have a BX prefix they may only be suitable to the BX series.
The hydraulic rams are after market accessories by others (IE not by Kubota) I'm sure your Kubota dealer will be able to help. If not let me know and I'll send you the name of the dealer in Texas who sourced and shipped the gear to me. (-: ....

BX 23 Hydraulic Question

View my Photos
DingoBX

2005-01-22          104729

I just realised I've already posted this info..
If you want the scanned info send your email address and I'll send it direct.(-: ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login