Go Bottom Go Bottom

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-02          103295

I was plowing snow this morning and I realized how worthless the standard lights are on my Kubota L3830. I was using a back blade and the red tail lights don't help a bit. Also, I had to put the bucket up so the headlights would be useful. Why doesn't the tractor come with work lights? What is the maximum amount of auxiliary lighting I can put on the tractor? Is it possible to put on lights that don't look like a "shade tree mechanic" did the work? Is it best that I install a canopy first before the lights are installed?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-02          103299

You have a bigger animal then I do and it does get hot here sometimes and I have from time to time sat under a shade tree!

Having said that I would use a switched relay for any auxiliary lights and power them from the bat side of your starter relay! It just avoids all the oem wiring/alt/and etc!

Link:   Lights on a B7510

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-02          103300

Re: above 2nd photo ....

Link:   Switch for light relay

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
grinder

2005-01-02          103303

I used the holes for the ROPS fold down, as I leave mine up 99% of the time. I have 1 35w round rubber shell light, and
with Beagles help I am adding one more to point forward when blowing. ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-01-02          103306

On my tractor (Kioti DK 35) I mounted 4 utility lights on the ROPS, and I have 1 rear work light.
I no longer have any problems seeing in the dark.. ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-01-02          103322

Has anybody added a light on the front that will shine under the loader? ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-01-02          103323

...Under the loader...

You'd have to lift the loader up high enough to see under it too, not very stable -or- lights would be so low that they wouldn't last long without being smashed -or- reflected light off the beautiful orange bucket would dazzle your night vision.

Mount 'em high. ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
Casco1

2005-01-10          103895

Hi! I have an L3710 which is very close to your L3830
I decided I needed extra lights after one night job. After some thought this is what I did. I saw pics of lights on the ROPS but didn't like the angle also I don't like getting rained on so I bought a fibreglass canopy $400
mounted two 55 watt trapezoid pattern lights on the front two more on the back thinking I was a smart guy I wired them on the same switch, forward position = front lights on, backward position = rear rear lights on, center = off. Oops when doing loader work I realize a rear facing light would be handy so I installed a 55 watt flood in the center on it's own switch. Lights and switches about $100. Having the canopy made the installation of the lights and switches very easy as you have plenty of room for mounting, and the angle of the front work lights ( literally 3' obove the steering wheel is great.
I hope some of this helps. ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
HuckMeat

2005-11-13          119285

Are you guys adding lights to the kubotas doing a home run fused supply line from the battery back, or is there a factory line that get's most of the way back? If you are running a new/fresh line back, what route are you choosing that protects the wire and makes routing easy? I want to put 2 on, 2 forward, 1 reverse for BH work, all relativly low wattage (esp the reverse). (say, 15 W each). ....

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-11-13          119288

<< *******
Here are some thoughts I've been kicking around concerning lights on rops.
1. Use two lights rather than 4 lights. Mount them on a light bar that will swivel the lights up and down. I install the lights on the bar in a manner that will permit the lights to be rotated 360 degrees. The 360 degrees allows you to have light to the rear and front or both to the front or both to the rear.
Use magnets to mount the brackets for the light bar to the top rear edge of the rops instead of on top of the rops or under the top of the rops. Next bolt the ends of the light bar to the brackets with one bolt through each bracket into the bar.
Tighten the bolts just enough to hold the bar in place but loose enough to move it by hand. The swiveling light bar allows:
(A) Allows adjustment of the distance the lights shine out from the tractor.
(B) Gives more clearance above the lights and more head room under them.
(C) Lessens the chance of catching the lights on something overhead.
(D) Allows the lights to flip down if hit rather than breaking them.
(E) You can just flip the lights down to work under low hanging branches instead of having to remove them from the rops. However you still have the option of removing the bar and lights and unplugging the trailer connector.
*Advantages of the 360 degree rotation *
(A) Permits two lights instead of requiring 4 lights, thus reducing current flow.
(B) Lights can be turned both to front or both to rear. Or they can be turned one to front and one to rear. They can also be used for side lighting. Swiveling lights can provide illumination 360 degrees around the tractor.

Adjustment from one position to another is instant by hand. No wrenches or tools required.
A low profile light preferred over high profile lights.

I've been using this system of combining a rotating light bar with swivel mounted lights to install fog and driving lights on my pickups successfully for years.

More thoughts on lights.
Use a dual direction light with a clear lens on both sides that will cast light to the front and rear at the same time.

Thinking about experimenting with a hanging swing light magnetically attached to the cross member of the FEL to illuminate the bucket shadow when using the head lights.

L.B.

>>

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-11-13          119289

Under the loader...

You'd have to lift the loader up high enough to see under it too, not very stable - or - lights would be so low that they wouldn't last long without being smashed - or - reflected light off the beautiful orange bucket would dazzle your night vision.

Mount 'em high.
AV8R
To answer my own question I recently saw a post that a fellow posted on tbn about the lights he added to shine under the loader.
Neat installation and works well

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
lbrown59

2005-11-14          119333

see ....

Link:   

Click Here

Worthless Kubota Lights

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-11-15          119371

Do it, then.

If the bucket is down to engage the ground, they will be blocked. If the bucket is low, just off the ground (the safest place to carry a loaded bucket to prevent roll-over), they will be blocked. They would be absolutely useless with a front mount snowblower. They have no value for a rear impliment, either.

This seems to be how you want to do it though, so, do it. Don't complain when it doesn't work. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login