Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7800

View my Photos
ouimette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-24          100888

Just took delivery of my new B7800. WHAT A GREAT MACHINE!
I love it. Traded in my BX2230 with 117 hrs for it. Should have bought it in the beginning.I can do so much more in the sugar woods than I could with the 2230. I'm not saying that the 2230 wasn't a good machine because it was it took all I could give and was ready to give more.Just wasn't big enough to haul logs and make trails. Thanks for all the threads they were valuable in helping me make up my mind.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7800

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-24          100901

Congratulations! Some times the sub-compacts don't do all we need butthey are a great starting place to find out all that a tractor can do. I know it is always better to trade up then it is to trade down on the wallet so you did it right. ....

B7800

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-24          100906

I've had mine for exactly a year today. You are right, what a great machine. We haven't found too much it couldn't do for us. We love it. ....

B7800

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-05          101639

BOUGHT A BX2200 LAST YEAR WITH FEL AND 60"MMM. LIKED IT SO WELL BOUGHT WIFE BX1500 54"MMM COUPLE MONTHS AGO TO HELP WITH MOWING. DOING A LOT OF DIRT MOVING AND BX2200 IS GREAT BUT WON'T LIFT ENOUGH SO TALKING TO DEALER ABOUT TRADING 2200 FOR B7800 WITH BIGGER FEL AND 6' REAR FINISH MOWER. YOUR COMMENTS ENCOURAGES ME TO MAKE TRADE. I HAVE 5 ACRES OF SLOPING LAND AND BX2200 WANTS TO LIFT UP WITH HEAVY LOAD. ....

B7800

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-12-05          101641

JT,
With 5 acres don't forget to consider the 7800's little brother B7510 with your trade up quest!! ....

Link:   His & Hers

B7800

View my Photos
JOHN THOMAS

2004-12-05          101649

Thanks for tip on smaller B tractor.Dealer has the B7800 on the lot. he offered to trade for $6500 with fel, 6' rear finish mower, post hole digger, fliud in tires, fold rops and mid pto. Think i need 30hp to pull box blade and landscape rake to landscape red clay hill side yard. also do lot of rock and dirt moving. BX2200 has done great but need a little more umph and bigger bucket. I guess i believe "MORE POWER" AS TIM THE TOOLMAN SAYS. Will use my Bx1500 for closer mowing. ....

B7800

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-12-05          101653

JT,
I see no discernable difference a few Raw HP makes, it means little all things being equel! weight/size/etc.

I find the B7510 better able to manuver my steep banks to the lake front due to a slightly lower profile! Often turn back hoe boom up hill to traverse sideways!

BTW no matter what the task I have never run out of power (Horse or otherwise) You will be pleased no matter which you upgrade to!! ....

B7800

View my Photos
DK35vince
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-05          101655

Archdean,
Sorry I don't agree.
30 HP vs 21 in my opinion makes a huge differance in the size of implements that can be run and the speeds you can run them. Implements that use a lot of power such as mowers, tillers, brush mowers Etc. ....

B7800

View my Photos
beagle

2004-12-05          101656

I went from 24hp to 30hp when we got out 7800. What a difference!! I would have to agree that there is a big difference in how the extra pto hp helps run implements with less stress on the engine.

With the 7800, you also get the 3-range hydro. I really find the three ranges useful. ....

B7800

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-12-05          101659

Hey all that disagree , That's why they make all sizes for different purposes!! Only the buyer can make that decision anyway ,but for a sloping 5 acres I gave him a legitimate option!!

Like we used to say in the car business "there's an ass for every seat"!! ....

B7800

View my Photos
jarndt

2004-12-06          101683

It's all about what you will be doing with the machine. If you are simply pulling or pushing an implement, engine HP is less of a concern while size and weight is a bigger issue. Most tractors will run out of traction long before they run out of power. If you are running a power hungry PTO driven attachement such as a tiller or brush hog or a lot of hydraulics then HP becomes a more important factor. One isn't better than the other, it's all about what you need. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login