Go Bottom Go Bottom

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
bwarren
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-31          52271

I have a bx2200 and am considering trading it in for a 2410..what benefits would I gain..I would like to use it for plowing in the winter, I have a 500ft drive that goes uphill....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-31          52309

bwarren -
Stepping from a BX2200 to a B2410 is a considerable step. The primary difference is that the B2410 is more "tractor" oriented than the BX2200.

The weight of the BX2200 is 1300lbs (bare) vs. the
B2410 is about 1500 lbs (bare)
The clearance of :BX2200 is 6.7 in. vs. the
B2410 is 12.8 in.
The Center of Gravity is lower on the BX2200 than the B2410

The FEL capabilities : BX2200 is 460lbs
B2410 is 770lbs
...for starters.

Willie H. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
ray_jurjens

2003-03-31          52311

i am thinking of purchasing a b6000 4*4 tractor. It is very clean and runs great. It has a tiller and a finishing mower that comes with it. Is $3000 dollars a bad price. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-31          52313

Bwarren: have you checked out the B7800?

I am told it is a little cheaper than the 2410 and it is more tractor for the money..... 30 HP and 1700# base weight.

Might be worth a look. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-31          52315

Bwarren -
As Mark mentioned, the B7800 may be worth your while looking into. It also offers a 4cylinder diesel vs. a 3cylinder in the B2410.

Willie H. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-03-31          52316

ray jurjens -
The problem with the B6000 units is that the rear PTO runs in reverse to all conventional models. These implements are typically mated with a reverse running gear box, or are fitted with a reversing kit hard fixed to the tractor. Be mindful when looking at this model...if it does not have a reversing kit on it now...it is gonna be a bear trying to find one to run conventional pto driven implements on it.
I would try to get the price somewhat lower for this basic reasoning, even if the tractor is as clean as you say. Throw the serial number our way when you have a chance. It should be stamped into the left side transmission tube housing; as you sit on the seat, next to your left ankle area on the side of the square tube running from engine to tranny. If you find it, we can probably date it for you, for a better perspective.

Willie H.

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
Art White

2003-04-01          52321

There is a definite difference of the two tractors. It sounds like that you haven't used the BX to clean your driveway. They both can do nearly the same just one should be able to do some things faster due to it's increased size,weight and horsepower. Some things as in tight quarters might take you longer. The fact of the 500 foot long drive wouldn't scare me today seeing how well the BX is holding up to Central NY snows and hills. Marks suggestion of the B7800 is a good one for going even a little larger than the B-2410. You did not say or lead us to what else you might be doing or have a desire to do. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-04-01          52337

I hate trying to talk someone out of buying a new tractor but I agree with Art that as it relates to snow removal, both the 2200 and the 2410 will do the same jobs.

If you outfit the 2200 with a set of wheel weights (they are cheap), it even nearly matches the 2410 in operating weight and you won't likely notice the 2 hp difference, even when running a pto snow blower.

So..... do you use a blade or a blower for the snow? And what other tasks would you like the tractor to accomplish?

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-04-01          52343

Hi,
Why are you considering trading up? The machines as you can see are quite different and it would help if you could provide some input as to what you are improve... ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
bwarren

2003-04-01          52345

I am going to use the machine for snow removal, mowing and work aropund the yard. I have about 4.5 acres of land. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-04-01          52360

If that is all that your needs are, I would stay with what you've got. That unit should handle all that work and more.

Willie H. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-04-01          52368

When you use your bx for those activities what sort of problems are you encountering that you hope to solve by getting a larger machine (or are you like me and just want more power...). For example is loader capacity to light (or does your bx not have a loader?), issues with implements that you want to add, ground clearence, etc. How much time do you use your current machine on turf vs off turf? Since mowing is a requirement it becomes real important to have a good feel for your needs as its easy to get a tractor thats to large to effectively mow with. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
bwarren

2003-04-01          52369

My main concern is using it to plow my drive, does it have enough power. I have not attempted doing it yet and it is 500ft with an uphill grade. Do you see any problems plowing using the BX. Other than that I will use it for mowing. I plan on getting a bucket loader for it if I keep it. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
buzst1

2003-04-01          52372

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand. Yes, you could plow your driveway with a combination of a 5' rear blade and front loader. My only concern would be the traction the small tires would provide in a deep snowfall. This could be overcome by taking a smaller bite or adding chains.
The issue is that adding the loader to the bx now rather than with purchase of the machine will probably mean you pay full list price plus installation. This extra cost will probably be about the same as what you would lose selling your bx on the used market. So if the money is not an issue and you can get a reasonable price for your bx I would go for more power and larger tires and look at a b7500 or b2410 sized machine (though I am partial to Kubota I would look at other mfg in this size range as well). This would give you the ability to use a 6' back blade and a larger loader to more quickly clean your driveway. Machines larger than the 2410 could cause problem mowing your size lot.
Good Luck and have fun shopping.... ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
Art White

2003-04-01          52382

Well, the extra info does help. You live in NY but I can't judge where but here in the Syracuse area I would recommend a blower not a blade and I would not hesitate to sell one to my best friend nor would I hesitate to buy one for myself for what you have stated. I would be buying it with the loader and four way valve to cut your costs there. The valve you would need to operate the blower, as well as the loader or vis-versa. Or you could get a three point blower if you don't mind looking over your scholder from time to time. ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
lapine

2003-04-02          52457

I looked a lot before I bought my 7800 I looked at the 2410 and for the same price the 7800 is much more of a tractor it also has 3 speeds instead of 2 it has the weight for snow plowing traction and would handle your other equipment easier with the 30 hp engine the only thing I dont know is how it would mowing close to to items and around sharp turns as it takes a little more room to turn but not much and it does everything I need with no effort at all. Cy ....

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-04          95567

1*I have a bx2200 and am considering trading it in for a 2410..what benefits would I gain..I would like to use it for plowing in the winter, I have a 500ft drive that goes uphill....

2*I am going to use the machine for snow removal, mowing and work around the yard. I have about 4.5 acres of land.
bwarren
1*I just bought a new BX 23 last Tuesday.The dealer delivered it at 8:30 this morning.
I compared the BX 23 with the B 2410 before deciding between them.
My first consideration was the 2410 and was about to go with it but changed my mind. For a while it was a toss up between them.
I liked the smaller less bulky to handle more nimble feel of the BX23 over the B2410.
I purchased my first tractor a new 1966 Bolens with a 48"front blade 38"mmm and rear mount tiller.
Over the years I have mowed acres and acres of grass and moved ton after ton of dirt gravel slag and snow with the Bolens and those implements.
I decided since the BX would do everything and more than the old Bolins did and do it easier and quicker that was all I needed.
After playing around with my new BX 23 for about an hour this morning all I kept thinking to my self is I'm glad I'm not lugging around the bigger bulkier B 2410.

2* Your BX2200 should be able to handle this with ease.
If you don't believe so try it with an old Bolens for 33 years like I did.

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-04          95569

1*Yes, you could plow your driveway with a combination of a 5' rear blade and front loader.
2*My only concern would be the traction the small tires would provide in a deep snowfall.
3* This could be overcome by taking a smaller bite or adding chains.
4*The issue is that adding the loader to the bx now rather than with purchase of the machine will probably mean more money.for the loader.
buzst1
1*All I had on my old 1966 Bolens 2 wheel drive for snow removal was a 48" front blade that lifted and lowered manually by a lift lever. I used this for nearly 30 years to plow snow off my 250 foot 2 lane driveway
without benefit of a rear blade or front loader. A few times the snow was a foot or more deep.
I did have a set of tire chains on the rear wheels that I made out of an old set of car chains and a 12" cement filled concrete block hanging on the rear end for a little added weight. Still I would think the bx with 4 wheel drive and a FEL Ought to out perform the ole Bolens with ease.
2*The BX front and rear tires are bigger than those on the old Bolens.
3*That could be a possibility.
4*But less money than swapping the bx2200 for a b2410.
LB

PS I still have the old Bolens- It turned 38 years old this past June.

b2410 vs bx2200

View my Photos
44trxfun

2004-09-04          95591

buzst,

Just for some reassurance and endorsement of those encouraging you to use a blower (front or rear), I'd second that! I have a MF similar to the BX with a front-mount blower and it did great last winter! I have a ~350 native surface/gravel drive with some slope to it and the blower was just the ticket. Oh sure, you'll take a facefull of snow once in a while, but rest assured I would guess your BX will do just fine. I have turfs (not loaded), bought a pair of chains just in case, but haven't had to use 'em yet. Good luck to you. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login