Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Haney1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-11          46032

Looking to buy a compact tractor and had almost decided on the JD4310 until I saw the new 3130 series Kubota. Would like to hear from people who have this machine. How is the power. I will be using box blade, FEL, and 5 ft. bush hog. Thanks,

Oh yeah, what would be a good price for the machine and FEL.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
AJDiesel

2002-12-12          46049

Kubota L3130 hst/r4 tires $15199
LA 723 Front Loader (L2272 H.D. round back bucket and
L2213 4 position control valve)
installed $4249
L8304 remote hydro valve and L8305 1st lever & base kit
installed $450
L8313 mid pto kit installed $350
RC72-38 Mid Mount Mower $2499
Landpride RCR 1672 Brush Hog $1025
Landpride RBT1572 rear blade $300
3 Sets rear wheel weights $328

Total $24400

This was the first L3130 to arrive at this dealership.
One look and I had to have it!
Please reply with how these numbers seem. I had them sharpen their pencil a few times to arrive at above figures. I will take delivery next week. I have no input as far as power. From what I read, this model was ran overseas for a few years prior to US arrival. I would expect all the bugs to be worked out by now!
Good luck shopping!

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-12          46052

Haney, the only thing I see on your list that is real HP critical is the 5 ft. brush hog which needs a minimum of 18 PTO HP..... more is better. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Haney1

2002-12-12          46055

AJ,
Those prices are pretty close to what I have been quoted so far, but I have just yet begun to bargain with them.. I didn't want to get too serious with them until I had decided on EXACTLY what I wanted.... I bet you are excited... Let me know more about it after you get it.

Mark,
Thanks for the input. I was pretty much thinking 20 PTO H.P. was the min for the 5ft. bush hog. According to Kubota.com, the 3130 has 24 PTO HP (Hydro) with 32 Gross. Should be OK, Right??? This is my first compact purchase and I am still a'learnin'

From what I can see, the 3130 is almost a direct comparison to the JD4310. The JD has 25 PTO HP (Hydro) vs. 24 but the Gross is higher on the Orange tractor. I also like the fact that the orange tractor is wider, 4" more ground clearance and heavier by about 400 lbs. Oh yeah, did I mention less expensive too???

I have 8 acres of land, some steep, some flat. I plan to start building a house on it soon and wanted to have the tractor for box blading and FEL work while building. After that I will use it to maintain a really long driveway (gravels/snow) and to bush hog/mow about 3 acres. What do you think?? Am I barking up the wrong tree with the two choices I have listed here?

Thanks for any comments.... ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-12          46057

Sounds like you are barking up the right tree to me. Steep lot? Get wheel weights (better) or liquid filled tires (good) thrown in on the deal. You will need it and you will not be sorry for the extra stability. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Bruce Z

2002-12-12          46058

Folks, I'm new to this board and new to this whole thing about owning larger than lawn sized equipment. About 7 years ago I purchased some acreage and built a house. I went through many scenarios about what the best equipment might be.

As I've heard said many times on this board, it depends on what you use if for and how fast you want to get the work done, how true. Here's how I resolved my problems. I have 75 acres. I needed something that could do light excavating, do my own landscaping, help build the house, mow a 1 acre yard, grade the driveway, plow 1500 foot driveway, haul fire wood, plant/till/spray 2 acres of food plots, plant/till 5 acres of pasture, bush hog trails all over the place, plow an ice rink in the winter, get me and my stuff from place to place on mixed wooded/open/wet land, and seems like I'm constantly moving dirt around for one reason or another.

Wow! Now that I write it all down, I've done a lot with my equipment. I wanted to find one machine that would do it all. I wanted one machine to store and maintain.

Well, didn't work out that way. I spent an entire year deciding and opted to buy a JD4100 tractor equipped with 54" mower deck, 48" bush hog, 54" tiller, fertilizer spreader, small dump trailer, and rear blade. Notice I did not get a FEL. Instead, I used the extra 10 grand you'd spend on the bigger machine to buy a used Skid Loader.

That's my FEL. And believe me, especially if you're going to do your own landscaping there is no way a compact tractor with a FEL can compare to what even a medium sized Skid Loader will do. And once you have the skid loader, you'll find all kinds of dirt you want to move. My tractor is used for doing everything but the dirt digging.

A real plus here is that I can use the tractor to pull a dump trailer while the Skid Loader is used to load the trailer. I moved about 500 tons of fill this way once. I feel the advantage to me in going this route is that the 4100 is small enough to be light on the grass when mowing, more maneuverable than the bigger machines around trees, it is 4WD so it serves as an ATV for hauling around the place and during hunting season, and runs all the other equipment I listed above just fine.

For light snow I use the tractor and back blade but when the snow gets real deep the Skid Loader does the driveway. Believe me, even a 4300 sized tractor won't move our deep Minnesota snow with a blade. And one reason you might need a 5 foot bush hog with the bigger tractor is that trails through a woods need to be twice as wide to navigate as compared to the 4100 size.

The ideal choice for deep snow is the tractor with snow blower. I can't afford one yet but I think the 4100 will do just fine once I get one.

Sometimes I would like to have an extra 5 or 10 hp to get some big field jobs done quicker but that's one of the tradeoffs. I bought my 4100 in 1998 and if I bought now I'd get the 4115 which I think has 25 hp. That would be ideal.

Other than the slight wish for more power I've never regretted buying this size tractor to do what I do, and I'll never get rid of my Skid Loader. The two do everything in a very balanced fashion.

Forgive me for comparing tractors only in the context of JD 4000s but that's the only series I'm familiar with. I feel I got a lot more capability out of these two machines than any single compact tractor would provide. I know that when it comes to machines bigger is better, but I compromised. Isn't the right answer for everyone but perhaps someone else can benefit from my situation.

By the way, I bought the Skid Loader first for use while building the driveway and house and then bought the tractor when it was time to maintain the place. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Haney1

2002-12-12          46059

Wow Bruce... Sounds like you have a really nice spread there! 75 Acres! That would be awesome. I think you have a good plan there and that it is working well. I rented skid steers on several occasions while building the house I currently live in and I agree that they are great when building. I think if I had the size of property that you have, I might consider doing the same thing, but I can't imagine what I would do with the SS after I got the house done.

I also agree that a person (especially men and tools) can get caught up in the bigger is better mentality when contemplating a purchase (grunting now like TIM ALLEN). I have put myself in check a couple of times while looking at tractors. I found a good deal on a hold over 2001 JD4600 but I KNOW that will just be too big for my needs after the house is done. That is why I have just about decided on the Mid Size Frame L3130 or JD4210/4310. It will be big enough to handle some heavy tasks but still nimble enough to manuver through the trees bush hogging.....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
BruceZ

2002-12-14          46130

Haney1, how about this idea? Lots of guys around here who are building will start out buying a used skid steer (SS) and use it until the building's done and then sell to buy a tractor. If you buy right, you can usually sell for near if not all of what you paid after a year or two. Know plenty who have done it. Then you put all the hard work on the SS instead of the new tractor. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
jc-48117

2002-12-16          46158

I just purchased the following;
L3130 HST Tractor
Turf tires
L8313 Mid PTO kit
LA723 loader
L2213 4 pos. valve
L2253 HD Round back bucket
RC72-38 72" mid mount deck
Total w/tax (6.0%) $ 22,313.00

I should be delivered this week. Sounds similar to your price, not same equip. though. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
dunnbell

2002-12-22          46421

1) HST-4wd
2) LA 723 Front end loader
3) 4 position valve- L2213
4) 72” Heavy Duty Round Bucket- L2240
5) Turf Tires
a. Front- alr8868
b. Rear- alr6801

6) Mid PTO
7) 72” Rear mount/Rear discharge Finish mower
8) Block Heater
10) Folding ROPS
Paid $19900
+$1393 sales tax
=21293 ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-12-22          46467

Just a suggestion but have you looked at the
New Holland TC33D. 33 engine hp, 25 pto hp, 4x4, Hst, deluxe features including excellent extendable 3pt lift arms, same price range. Overall weight is a little heavier than than the kubota. And it has a slightly shorter turning radius. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Russ Vaughan

2002-12-23          46485

Have you guys checked in the classifieds? Ad #1715 From Emerich Tractor has the 3130 HST for 13,299 The #723 FEL $3699. He's near Albany NY. If you're not clost to him, at least that gives you a ballpark of what one can be bought for.
Have fun in the search
Russ Vaughan ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
zedosix

2003-01-20          47840

Just wondering what type of skidsteers you guys have or did have. I own 2 Thomas skidsteers, a T95 and a T153s, the later being 53 hp. Once these machines are mastered there is simply no comparing a compact tractor to a skidsteer. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
otractor

2003-04-16          53228

Aj, I was going to order a l3130 with r4 and dealer said mmm would not fit with r4s, Did yours work ok/ ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
Art White

2003-04-16          53237

They will take the turfs as well as the mmm. ....

Kubota Grand L3130

View my Photos
The Grays

2003-05-04          54293

Art, are you saying you can't use a MMM with R4's on the 3130? Please don't tell me so!!! Thanks for your reply! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login