Go Bottom Go Bottom

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
jeffmiles
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-21          155493

I recently had my Kubota stolen in the Branson Mo area. It took me a long time to save for it and now it's gone. It was stolen enroute back home. 2001 Kubota L3000DT serial number 51566 The FEL LA450S-2 serial number is 11936 It had a 72 inch finish mower, 6 ft box blade all loaded on a black 16ft Circle M utility trailer with Louisiana plates. If anyone happens upon these items Please contact me(318-253-0021), or the Stone County Sheriff's Office in Missouri at 417-357-6116 .

Losing something like this will really tear your heart up.

Thanks all, with your help I'll find it!
Jeffrey

Link:   My tractor...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-21          155494

It's sad to hear of crap like this. Sure hope you recover it. Kubota may keep a list of stolen equipment, you might notify them too. If it shows up at a dealer for repair the serial number might pop up as stolen. ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
hardwood

2008-07-22          155506

Jeffery; Sorry to hear of your misfortune, yes notify Kubota and I'm sure there is an association of consignment auction firms that you may want to get the serial numbers to also. The local Deere dealer had a new compact stolen off the lot a few years ago, it was found when the "Owner" took it in for service. This guy claimed he did'nt know it was stolen, and maybe he really didn't, he got to keep the tractor after he paid for it a second time. good luck in your search. Frank. ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-22          155510

jeff, a long shot but contact the seller. It may be someone who was bidding on it stole it. Sure would think they would not be dumb enough to put it right back on ebay.

If you just purchased it, ask your property insurance company if they have like 30 day coverage on such a purchase and depending on how you paid for it there could also be some coverage there.

Who was hauling it? If a hired company they should be liable. hope you well. kt

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
jeffmiles

2008-07-22          155518

I was hauling it on my own trailer. I picked it up in Kansas and stopped on the way back in Branson to give wife & kids a couple days vacation.(bargaining point) I picked it up on Saturday and it was stole Tuesday night. We were leaving Early Wednesday morning to travel home here in Central Louisiana. My homeowners will cover the lose but they depreciated it so much I won't get close to what I paid for it. Much less the implements or trailer. Did you know a tractor lifespan is only 10 years? According to my adjuster. I guess after year 11, values go negative. Anyway, that could be another thread.
We are all heartbroken over this. I am continuing to look for something comparable with what the insurance is giving me. Wish me luck. A$8 padlock is worth it's weight in kubota gold ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-07-22          155523

Was it parked in a lot with cameras that might have picked up the theft? Even on a business next door? It is my guess the police for such a theft would not check on such for this type and size of crime.

Years ago someone told me the best safety chains was locked to your vechile rather than hooked. Serves two purposes. Keep your paperwork, you probably do get to deduct the loss on your taxes. kt ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-07-22          155530

Jeff, on your home owners insurance, ask how they determine the value it or how they come to that figure. Ask what you can do to prove your tractor was worth more than they are allowing? They probably have a way to adjust the value but either due to ignorance or trying to keep the claim low are not telling you. Sadly all adjustors are not honest. The one you have may be doing all they can.

Jeff, some insurance companies will reimburse you at one level on stolen property IF YOU DON'T REPLACE IT BUT AT HIGHER LEVEL IF YOU ARE REPLACING IT RIGHT AWAY. They may not give you the higher level until you provide receits for the purchase. If you have your policy read it very carefully. It should tell you how they handle such. Also don't mind calling your State Dept of Insurance and ask for their suggestions. kt ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
JRinWV

2008-09-13          156633

Hi:

You need a lawyer if you aren't being treated right. Your insurance company will both try to minimize their loss and try to delay making payment as long as possible. That's just part of their business plan.

As a result, in order to receive what you have paid for, you need to being pressure to bear on them. My late father bought 2 annuity policies for his grandchildren ( my nephews) to fund their college education. He died in 2004 after a long fight with leukemia.

It was a national company, you see their ads on NFL and PGA broadcasts.

They squirmed violently trying to hold those two funds. They asked my bro to prove that the boys were his children with DNA tests, even tho they were specifically named in the policies. The probate lawyer pried the money from their cold hands in short order.

A co-worker of mine is being deposed next week in his mother's lawsuit. She bought a annuity years ago, and her company is claiming that she's only 72 instead of 82, so they won't have to pay her for 10 more years. If she dies first, they get off scott free!

So your insurance company is following their business plan. Get a lawyer, and get in touch with the state insurance commission in your home state and in the home state of the company, and perhaps in the state where the crime was committed. Your lawyer can advise on which of these would be most productive.

Frankly, since you just bought the equipment, what you paid established the value of the tools on the open market right then. No jury would allow them to slide on that, no matter what their "policy" states. They aren't allowed to have business practices which result in their not paying what they owe.

You shouldn't lose more than a normal deductable.

Good Luck! ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
lbeabes

2008-09-16          156701

Jeff,

Were you staying at a Hotel or Motel? It happened to me. I was making a trip to pick up some stone I got from a friend. The wife and I stayed at a Days Inn. We unhooked the trailer to do some sightseeing and when we got back the trailer was gone. Long Story short, an agressive towing company towed it away as being illegally parked. The Motel people did not even know about it until a week later when they got the storage bill.

Also, Keep an eye on e-bay. There is more stolen goods on there than you can shake a stick at.

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
jeffmiles

2008-11-16          157912

The insurance company has finally come through and paid up. I believe that the tractor will show up some day. If everyone will check serial numbers when buying tractors. Again, thanks for everyones support.
Anybody want to buy a ignition key? It fits a L3000DT. Has low hours on it too. ....

Stolen Kubota L3000DT

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-11-16          157915

Jeff generally keys from the same mfg. within a series of machines will fit one another--not like car keys. And even with car keys there aren't an infinite number of key combinations. On eBay there are guy selling huge key rings loaded with keys---about 30 keys--that will fit just about anything construction or farm. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login