Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota L3830 front Snowblower Price and Size

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-08-03          144314

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a front mounted Kubota snow blower for my L3830? What is the proper size for my tractor? Does the front mounted snow blower require the mid pto and what is the estimated cost to install the mid pto?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-03          144316

Retcol,

I'm not sure what size snowblower the L3830 is rated for. Sorry I can't help you with that.

However, I can help you with some of your other questions.

Q. Do I need to have a mid-mount PTO in order to operate a front-mount snowblower?

A. No. Lorenz Manufacturing offers a front-mount kit that runs off of the rear PTO shaft. It looks to be a very clean install.

The nice thing about this kit, is that you can use any 3-point mounted snowblower on the front of your tractor. This will save you a whole pile of money as rear-mount snowblowers are far more common, and the prices for both new and used 3-point blowers are much lower.

You have other options as well, such as a hydraulic drive unit, similar to those which install on the front of skid-steer tractors....provided you have the necessary hyd. fluid output from your tractor's pump.

Joel ....

Link:   Lorenz Manufacturing -- Front Mount Snowblower adapter kit

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2007-08-03          144317

I can't speak on the kobota but the "ERSKINE" company makes a blower that was better/heavier steel than the jd 59 inch one I was looking at and a better price plus you do not need a mid pto, if I had known this prior to my 790 purchase I would have not have gotten the option,take a look, not all factory equipment is the best . In the jd case it was profit on the garbage can metal the 59 was made of compared to the ERSKINE!!! plus it fast to take on and off. ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-08-03          144318

JAZAK5,

Erskine now makes a REAR PULL snow blower...the RP601 (60 inches wide)....designed for tractors up to 30hp.

The drawback is that one has to drive through the snow before blowing it, but it sure beats cranking your head around all day long.

For those heavy drifts, which cannot be driven through, simply use the loader and bucket to break them up first.

This might be a very good option for those who hate looking over their shoulder all day long, yet want to keep the loader on the tractor for pulling snow away from the doors, etc.

Many thanks for providing the link!

Joel

View my Photos
kevinj54

2007-08-05          144366

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a front mounted Kubota snow blower for my L3830? What is the proper size for my tractor? Does the front mounted snow blower require the mid pto and what is the estimated cost to install the mid pto?

I'll bet your friendly dealer can answer these questions.

View my Photos
reddach

2007-08-10          144599

Great topic as I have just curently started the process to find a front mount for my new 3030. Have speced the OEM, but are there any other brands available that anyone has heard good reviews on. Thanks in advance ....

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-08-10          144600

Red, I wish I had some answers for you. 100 degrees today in Texas, and I would love to be trying to find a snow blower. When you do find something, keep us posted as to how it works out. ....

View my Photos
kevinj54

2007-08-10          144602

I have OEM and highly recommend it. This is my second Kubota blower and I was very imperessed with the first one. I fully expect the new one to perform as well.

So where is the original poster ??? ....

View my Photos
Art White

2007-08-10          144603

I'd only recommend the largest available for the tractor's mentioned. Industrial tires will also need the widest blowers available. The price difference is nominal and for keeping driveways clean on a daily basis and occasional blizzard you'd be fine. Two stage blowers were meant to be used for moviing old banks thats why the outer auger is made of heavier steel and they turn so slow. A good single stage in fresh fallen snow will work well otherwise. The mid PTO is available and dealer rates for for installation are all differnet. To have a two auger unit is not really a neccessity as normally the snow doesn't get that deep in a day.

If you have a loader valve then that is a plus as you don't need to buy that with the snowblower. The L-series comes with hydraulic rotation and a cylinder to operate the spout is availale as an option.. On the B-series the electric is available for both positions.

I don't like the units with the ful subframe and the rear drive coming from the rear PTO unless it is the option as it really cuts the ground clearence in the rear with the gear box so low behind the axle!!!!!!! ....

View my Photos
billandkim

2007-08-13          144659

I have been looking for this as well. I have the l3130 and this is what I have found out. If you have the heavy duty loader (mine is the LA723) you will not need the joystick control. I will be getting the Lift system, driveline kit, 72" blower unit, and the hydraulic chute kit. The price I have been quoted is 5,000 uninstalled. You will also need the mid pto kit which I had them install when I bought it new. That is right at 600. I looked at the erskine model that uses the rear pto and they want 7500 for the 72". No brainer for me as I have the mid pto. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-08-14          144672

Billandkim,

The prices you quoted are far higher than most people would even consider. A used snowblower would be a much better option.

I have a friend who is selling his 50" rear mounted Farm King blower for only $1200.00, and it looks as though it has never been used. There's one just like it on machinefinder.com selling for $1500.00

Used blowers, that mount on the 3-point hitch, are fairly easy to come by. Those who upgrade to a cab tractor can no longer use the manual chute crank. This forces them to purchase a different blower, or modify the one they have. Most people would rather upgrade to the hydraulic chute by buying new, which is what my neighbor friend is doing.

$7500 for a snow blower? YIKES! Forgive my French, but to **ll with that noise! I'd rather shovel out by hand.

Joel ....

View my Photos
backwoodsal

2007-08-16          144743

Does anyone know if you can still use the 3pt hitch if you get a front mount rear PTO driven blower? I've ruled them out because I would like to have the option of using a rear blade or maybe a weight box. A mid PTO limits you to a Grand L or a B series. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-08-16          144745

It depends on the manufacturer of the back-to-front kit. Most of them mount to the drawbar mounting bracket only in the rear and is hydraulically raised and lowered.

With a kit like that, yes, you still have full use of the 3pth.

If you have one of the simpler, non-hydraulic kits, possibly not, a lot of those units are raised and lowered via a cable and pulley system to the 3pth lift arms. The lift arms pull the cable which raises the snowblower, lowering the arms allows gravity to set the blower down.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
billandkim

2007-08-16          144746

I live in alaska and we get alot of snow. Tractor is 6 ft wide and when I plow the drive, it takes me 2.5 hours to plow 8-12". The tractor and blower will reduce that time by much more. I want to buy a used FRONT mount blower but can find Zero. My wife needs to be able to use this as I was in Iraq for one year and she hated plowing. Took too damn long and then she wouldnt do it and next thing it is 3' deep and she HAS to do it and it takes 2 days. She wont back up and blow the snow. Can anyone find me these used? I plan on getting a cabin in good mountain snowmobiling and the easement is 1 mile to the property. They get 12-20' of snow or more in the winter. The front mount will save my neck as well. We want to put a cabin in there that we can drive to year round. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login