Go Bottom Go Bottom

kubota

View my Photos
porboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-10          124345

I'm new to this, I just bought an 1 1/2 acres with home looking for something with front loader, for all the up coming landscaping..leveling, gravel, trees. etc. I don't need a mower, I have one. I'm looking at the BX series, but I'm not sure which one to buy. Every dealer has a different story..Any help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kubota

View my Photos
botamac

2006-02-10          124355

If you’re buying a tractor for the loader usage and any rentable implements I would look into the B series, I have a BX 23 and sometimes the loader is to small for some jobs. you might think the B series tractor is to big, but really it’s not, you will find very useful. ....

kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-10          124356

porboy why bother buying one when you could rent a full size TLB for a weekend and a skid loader the next and grass installation tools the next and only spent $2,000.00 tops! ....

kubota

View my Photos
porboy

2006-02-11          124381

Thanks for the information...

Porboy

kubota

View my Photos
porboy

2006-02-11          124382

Thanks for the feed back...But this is going to be a long process, plus it gives an excuse to get one..8)

kubota

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-12          124426

The B-series actually has about the same wheel base as most sub-compacts making it a real close call as to how much bigger it is in actual size compared to some although they do have a loader height and load advantage. ....

kubota

View my Photos
porboy

2006-02-22          124981

Well I did it I bought a Kubota 2350 with front loader and post hole digger....Does anyone know if there is any type of attackment for trenching for sprinkler system.

Thanks for any help.. ....

kubota

View my Photos
lbrown59

2006-02-24          125072

1*Well I did it I bought a Kubota 2350 with front loader and post hole digger.
2*...Does anyone know if there is any type of attackment for trenching for sprinkler system.
====
1*Congrats on the new tractor.
2**= A backhoe comes to mind: That's why I went with the BX23.

~~~~~~~~~
MY FIRST CAR http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
~~~~~~~~~~ ....

kubota

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-02-24          125074

Porboy,

What size pipe are you installing?
Any idea how many feet will you be running?
How deep do you want to bury it?
What kind of dirt do you have?
Will tree roots be in the way?
Looking for a once time use basically with lost cost or you wanting reason/excuse to buy the backhoe?

If the answers fit with few large tree roots, 1 to 2 feet deep and about 1 inch diameter pipe you probably would be fine with a subsoiler. You may be able to borrow one if you know a farmer, or buy a cheap one for just over $100. If you need deeper or 6 to 8 inches wide trench and can get organized rent a trencher for $100 to $200 for a day or two.

kt ....

kubota

View my Photos
Murf

2006-02-24          125077

Unless you're irrigation a rice plantation you don't need anything more than about a 1" poly line buried a few inches down.

You can either do it with a $200 middle buster, or do it quickly & neatly with a rented walk-behind vibratory pipe plow like a Davis Mini-Sneaker. This rental would likely be in the $100 / day area. It will bury the pipe so neat you'll never know it's been put in the lawn.

Of course if you WANT to spend $7k - $8k on a backhoe and make your lawn look like moonscape, feel free to do so.

Best of luck. ....

kubota

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-02-24          125079

Porboy,

I don't disagree with Murf but subsoiler will leave less distrubance than middle buster or should. I have a friend that says he has put down a lot of water lines just connecting them to subsoiler and letting it pull them into the trench it is making. Said it works very well. I have used subsoiler for water and electric lines and been able to take something without sharp edge and push the line down very well. If you do this with electricty be sure it is deep enough for code there.

Murf, how does a Canadian know about rice farming? I know little and I live on the edge of the old rice growing area of the Colonies. Those old rice fields are flooded even now. Suppose to be some of the best fishing and duck hunting there is. Guess ducks and fish really have good taste.

kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login