Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill H
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-01          1399

I would like to hear more opinions on Kioti tractors. I am considering a 26 or 30 hp with loader. Kioti is my first choice right now based substantially on price. Any owners out there?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-01          1420

See my post further on down. Here in Canada I've found price not to be that different. I've also found a little stuff on this address http://www.farmshow.net/index.shtml. http://www.kioti.com/a4.htm. Hope this helps. Ron ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill H

1999-03-02          1433

Thanks. I read the post and threads but was hoping to hear from more users. one concern I have with Kioti is what happens 5 years from now when I need some parts? Will they still be around? ....

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-02          1437

Bill, The question you raise is legitimate and worthy of consideration. Kioti has been sold in the US since 1993 and are manufactured by Daedong of S. Korea. When I was considering the brand, once I got comfortable that it was mechanically solid and reliable, this issue came up with me personally as I intend to keep my tractor around a while. Here's how I got comfortable with the issue:The tractor is primarily distributed by Lely in the USA. Lely has been around and if they aren't selling the machine, I am comfortable the somebody else will pick them up. Alot of Kiotis have been sold over the past six years. I got comfortable that at least parts would remain in supply by checking out Daedong, the tractor manufacturer. They formed right after WWII and have always been in the agricultural business. They started selling tractors out right during the 1960's. This is a good track record, with the USA being an expansion. While nobody can predict the future (who would have ever thought Ford would dump the tractor business and you should have seen all of the bad mouthing Kubota got when they got into the USA market - but they have done very well), this pretty well satisified me that they would be around a while.Lee ....

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-02          1444

Bill and allI was at a local farm show and there were three different dealers w/ Kioti's.I just purchased an almost new Kubota B1700 from an individual for an excellent price. Now I am considering turning right around and selling the Kubota for a profit and buying a Kioti. ....

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-03          1450

Bill, I have a Kioti LK3054 with a loader and am very pleased with it so far. I have only had it for two seasons & have had no problems.I know of three others that have had good use of Kioti machines for at least 4 years. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill H

1999-03-08          1559

Thanks for you help guys. I wanted to add that I am now also considering the Kubota L2500. Both tractors are similarly priced with similar features. One difference though. The Kubota dealer will come out free for warranty work. The Kioti dealer has to charge me $1.50/mile to pick it up unless I buy a trailer and bring it in. ....

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-08          1582

The Kubota has no shuttle shift and no live pto ....

Kioti

View my Photos

1999-03-08          1586

The Kubota has better resale, more dealers and lots more help on these message forums. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill H

1999-03-09          1605

Actually I did not put down my third choice, the Kioti LK3054 you just described. I have almost decided that if I go with Kioti I would up it to the 30 hp. I did not mention it because it did not seem a fair comparison. For 1300 dollars the extra hp, live pto, shuttle, etc. seem worth it. By the way, the haggle prices I've gotten so far are (includes loader) $12,800 - Kioti LK2554, $14,100 - Kioti LK3054, and $13,050 - Kubota L2500DT. There are lots more Kubota dealers I could haggle with, too, but will wait till I'm closer. I only know of the one dealer for Kioti, but will start checking around.Thanks for your help. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Rick

1999-03-24          1967

Bill, what is the location of the dealer for the L3054 /c loader $1410? ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill H.

1999-03-25          1997

The Kioti dealer is Top Flight Trailer and Equipment in Conroe, TX. Tel. is 409-756-9797. They seemed great. To their benefit: I visited a lot of dealers and they are the only ones who called me about once a week to see if I had any questions. ( and I usually did) The guy really hustles.I have to confess, though, that I'm going with a John Deere. The JD4200 26.3 hp for $13,725 (demo with 90 hours) versus the Kioti 30 .5 hp ($14,100). The JD has less hp. But it has independent pto, optional mid pto, and I think equivalent or better 3-point lift capacity. (Be careful, JD gives capacity at 24" from lift point, Kioti at lift point, Kubota gives both numbers.) Primarily, I know that getting service or parts for the JD would be a sure thing. I'm not a green flag waver either. Actually I was against JD when I started. But after serious comparisons I wound up there... ....

Kioti

View my Photos
darrick

1999-05-06          3536

does anyone know where a good place to get part for the kioti? I have a Kioti LB 2204 and I need part for loader l lever valve and muffler group. The part in hawaii are very expensive.I have the part number for the part all I need a place that has good price. Aloha ....

Kioti

View my Photos
al w.

1999-05-09          3607

I am lloking at a Kioti LK3054 also with a front loader. The dealer wants 14000 for the unit. I am interested in how you like yours and how reliable it is. I have about 17 acres with a mixture of woods and pasture and loads of rocks. would appreciate your input. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Bill

1999-06-25          5509

How much did dealer want for 3054, without loader, you say 14,000 with loader, I am interested and trying to get rough price for bargaining ....

Kioti

View my Photos
dave roy

1999-06-25          5513

bill 3054s are 10995 in louisville ky.i picked up a used one 154 hrs for 7300.dealer has 2552s for 7995 ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Ron

1999-09-25          8280

i have a kioti 3054 it has 230hrs on it, have probs with the front wheelscracking,the clutch has started slipping, and dont ever let your batterydie, its a pain in the butt to jump start or change out.had to change thewater reserve it begain to leak after 100hrs.but other than that it doesthe job.ps have the backhoe attachment not worth the time it takes toattach it. use a shovel you will finish the job sooner. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Dave Hathaway

2001-01-04          23089

don't know what backhoe Ron has, but the KB1550 on my 3054 worked fine after
I learned how to use it. lets face it, it ain't no 580 Case. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Mickey Grider

2001-01-06          23139

GOOD TRACTOR YOUR BEST BUY I'VE OWN ONE FOR TEN YEARS NO TROBLE AT ALL. ....

Kioti

View my Photos
PAPPI048

2001-07-26          30415

I have a 1999 1920 new holland 4 wd . looking at kioti dk45 the dk45 has a lot more stuff on it ,but I"m worried about how good of atractor they are. IF ANY BODY CAN TELL ME ABOUT THEM I would like to know THANKS ....

Kioti

View my Photos
Todd Wilson

2001-08-03          30627

My friend has the 45hp model Kioti. He has had it for a year now. He doesnt have many hours on it yet. Maybe around 50 hours but we have used it to clean up his 10 acres and it seems to be a good tractor. Good power and the loader works great on it. He has pushed over an old out building with it and we pulled a stump and it performed perfect. He is trying to sell it to me for my field mowing business but my little JD950 is doing just fine and I havent got enough business yet to warrant a 2nd tractor but if it was time to look at a new tractor I would look at the Kioti! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login