Go Bottom Go Bottom

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-24          94323

I used my 4110 today (first time) to mow around barn, and I lowered the deck, started mowing. I noticed one side of the deck was lower. I raised the deck and the left side wouldn't raise. Checked the underside and noticed the arm that connects to the tractor had dropped out and fell down on the deck! I called up the dealer and he wanted to know what partn it was! I tried to explain to him and he didn't understand ! If the parts man can't help me out how in the world does he expect me too! All I know it's a Pin with a shoulder on it and a round clip holding it. Any Help!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-24          94324

You can go to jdparts dot com, input the part number of your mower and bring up a parts diagram. But your dealer should really get this for you. Did you talk to your sales guy or their service department? You should not be expected to know the part numbers and they obviously did a poor job of assembling the machine prior to delivery. ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-24          94328

I went to JD Parts and couldn't figure out how to look it up! My mower deck only has (4100 60" MOW) on it plus Serial No. I'm sure it was 4100 as I couldn't read it very well I'll get a Glass and look at it again. ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-24          94332

Is it a 54" or 60" deck? ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-24          94333

It's a 60 " deck and has Mulcher Adaptable on it? I actually talked to a parts man on what happened! ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94334

Is item #3 what you are looking for? ....

Link:   Rear Draft Arms & Lift Straps 60" Mower

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94336

I forgot to post the part numbers and quantities required. I posted this already but it disappeared. ....

Link:   part numbers and quantities

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94339

Well, I guess that link is not working. If #3 is the part you need you will need the following part numbers:

quantity of 1 M140572 PIN FASTENER
quantity of 2 24M7406 WASHER
quantity of 1 11M7021 COTTER PIN

They had better provide these parts to you at NO cost or shipping since (I am assuming) they installed the mower; they forgot to install the cotter key on the lift link pin. ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-24          94348

Hey, as I've said before I really appreciate the help you guys give me. If I'm not the Oldest I'm surely the Dumbist!
Im really indebted for all the help i've been given. If you every get to Bedford, In. you will be welcome by Me!
Thanks Again!
Bob Jones
Chief, I looked at the Mower mech again and you were right on the money!! ThankS ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-24          94349

Bob, I'm glad Chief found it on jdparts because I couldn't find it either. So we're either both dumb or the use of jdparts is something of an art. ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94350

Glad I was able to help you out. Indeed welcome! Your parts man is not on his game. He should have been able to look those parts up easily. If you register with a username and password on the JDparts.com web site; you can look most parts up on your own and not have to depend on the dealer parts guy. ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-24          94352

Chief,
I hate to admit it but I am Registered on the JD Site and still couldn't find anything on the Mower deck. I could only find rear Mowers.
I feel like I was lucky to get on this Site!
Bob J ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-24          94357

I agree; they don't have the most logical search sequence and it can really be frustrating at times. It would seem to me that is would be logical and best for everyone all around to assign a model number to the mower and list it that way or incorporate the MMM with the attachments and list it that way. But then again.......that would make too much sense. ;o) After 20 years of looking up and finding and horse trading for aviation parts in the Army; I guess I get lucky now and again and figure a way to find some things. Hope that gets you back to cutting with a level deck and enjoy the machine! ....

Need help on mower deck

View my Photos
jonesiera

2004-08-25          94477

I phoned my Dealer this morning and he is shipping out my part today! I think I will send him the 1/2 in bolt that I used!
Na! I'm too mature to do something like that?
Bob J ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login