Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-30          92308

Hey guys,

When I bought my tractor I asked my dealer for rear hydo hook-ups. They just came in and are being installed. I stopped by this afternoon and I found out that they are only lines connected to bucket dump lines for the FEL. Not at all what I was expecting. What do I need to be able to do the following?

Have Full functionality of the FEL and be able to have and open hydo line to set up a valve for the turning of a snow blower shoot, and another for the deflector.

Is the Power Beyond what I really needed? $$’s ??

I think it was DRankin, or "R1-Ken",lol, -kwschumm, had a really cool set up of valves mount on the right and side above the wheel well.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Brian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-30          92310

R1-Ken? LOL I've got 5 SCV's and PB on my 4310. I'm not sure what is available from JD on the 790, but I will speculate that they may be installing a diverter valve and reusing the FEL valves for the rear. This may or may not be what you want. This type of setup would require you to flick a switch one way to operate the FEL and another way to operate the snowblower equipment. I don't think PB is what you want - it supplies full hydraulic flow to the rear but no operator controls. Usually PB is used for stuff like backhoes or log splitters that have their own control valves. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-30          92313

Agreed. I have Power Beyond.... just an hydraulic tap.... no valves. There has to be a diverter valve someplace in your new set-up. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-31          92358

A diverter or multiplier setup would work and might be OK if loader and 3ph implement work aren't mixed and matched very much. Most of my work isn't like that and I think having to swap back and forth would drive me nuts no matter how easy it might be.

The easy way to get additional circuits is to add a valve section to an existing valve assembly but that can't be done on most joystick loader setups. It's not too difficult or expensive to splice an additional PB valve assembly into the PB line from the loader valve. If it is a two return line type, the low-pressure return can be spliced into an existing low-pressure line with a t-fitting or run directly to an unused port on the cases.

There are some losses anytime extra components are added to a full flow line but they shouldn't be significant for most work. The oil will run a bit hotter. Some types of valves and connectors have less loss than others. I tend to think of power beyond more as an application in open centered systems than as hardware. Almost all loader valves are PB since the 3ph is ordinarily downstream from them. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-07-31          92376

I believe you can go with either a 3rd SCV or the Rear Auxiliary Hydraulic Line Kit or most probably both are what I would consider. P/N BM18005 $244.80 USD The 3rd SCV will cost much more. The kit comes in a hyd. line kit and a separate SCV valve and lever. Anyhow, hope this gives you some kind of visualization of the options. ....

Link:   Rear Auxiliary Hydraulic Line Kit

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-07-31          92399

Is Power Beyond a JD thing or industry? I noticed in nothern tool, that they have Power Beyond Valves? ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-31          92406

I've always thought JD invented the name and it ended up in common usage, but I could be wrong. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
TomG

2004-08-01          92417

I'd expect the Northern valves identified as PB types would have two return ports. Single return port types may or may not be PB rated, but I'd assume they aren't.

The PB issue has to do with how much pressure the exhaust oil galleys on single return types are designed to withstand. Operating a single return type opens the exhaust port to a line that goes to the input of a downstream valve. If the downstream valve (e.g. the 3ph) is in lift mode, the upstream valve exhaust galley sees the full working pressure. The return ports of many single return types are intended to go directly to the reservoir and high pressure can't be developed unless an obstruction were present. Two return port types separate the PB and cylinder exhaust flows.

A curiosity with single return types in PB applications is that if an upstream and downstream valve is operated at the same time, exhaust oil from the upstream valve moves the downstream cylinder, which may or may not be desirable. The working pressure is the total of both loads.

I think JD sometimes does have a languish of their own--sometimes it catches on and sometimes not. I have a JD manual that refers to a governor adjustment it calls 'speed droop.' I don't know how common the term 'speed droop' is. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-27          94713

Chief,

I'm looking at JD Parts and it says: Part Details

Part Number: BM18005
Part Price: 204.00 USD
On Hand: 0 Check Other Stores
Description: REAR AUX. HYD. KIT (670/770/790) NA (Part is Obsolete)

OBSOLETE???????
Is there a different part number??
Brian

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94716

I am not certain why John Deere does that. I have orderd MANY parts to include the arm rest kit, and rental upgrade kit which are also listed as obsolete and recieved them. You can still order the parts. The dealer parts man has the responsibility to local that part either in the parts system or at another dealer nation wide. I will email Deere and ask them what this means. To my knowledge there is no other part number although I am sure there is always an exception. If those are the parts you want; go ahead and order them through your dealer or the Deere Parts website. If you run into problems; let me know and I will see if I can get my friend who is the parts manager at my Deere dealer to help out. He has always come through for me so far. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-27          94725

Thanks, Chief..

Just to be sure this is the Power Beyond, and will give me an open center hydro at the rear of the tractor?

Thank very much. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94733

This is the REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC LINE KIT ....

Link:   REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC LINE KIT

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94734

This is the HYDRAULIC COUPLER KIT, REAR (2 HOSES) ....

Link:   HYDRAULIC COUPLER KIT

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94735

Is there a possibility that you could need both kits? ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-27          94736

Sorry! Almost forgot! To answer your question; my understanding is that the REAR AUXILIARY HYDRAULIC LINE KIT will tap into your tractors hydraulic system and give you open center hydro. power. I would think that you will require quick disconnect fittings and hoses to hook up to the outlets but the hoe or other implement you wish to use may have those. I am not real familiar with these kits on the 790. I am sure one of the guys with a 790 and hoe will jump in here and set thing straight. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
TomG

2004-08-28          94781

It might be good to check what connectors attach to the JD PB kits. I seem to recall that some of them are specifically for their hoes, and their hoes don't use common quick-connects.

I didn't see any control valve assemblies in the kit pics but then I didn't look too closely. A one of two spool valve would be needed but most any after market PB valve that's rated for flow about the same as the tractor pump would work and hoses with the right connectors could be made.

I think that many people just mount a valve on the fender splice it into the loader's PB line and 't' the Tank line into the loader's tank line. I believe that works if the valve will be mounted permanently and probably is less expensive than the kits. The kits however are better if an implement is going to be removed along with its control valve. They also tend to use lower loss and more secure fittings than quick-connectors and some kits don't require use of a short hose to connect the PB line back together when an implement isn't mounted. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-28          94792

The JD PB is simply a pressurized hydraulic line coupled to itself.

You cannot run the tractor if it is uncoupled and not attached to an open center valve. It has to have a continuous flow through the lines at all times.

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-30          94950

Chief,

I believe I already have the [HYDRAULIC COUPLER KIT, REAR (2 HOSES)]. This is what the dealer had hooked up the FEL and connected to the plate above the top link. Item 15, 16, 18, is missing, but they don't look overly important. #16 just protects the hoses right?

TomG,
I plan on using the hydro both ways you mentioned.
Log Splitter - Valve on attachment
Snow thrower chute adjustment - Valve on fender, I may make this assembly removable...
Top-n- tilt -- some day

Now we just need someone who has this setup on a 790 with a #7 Hoe, and some pictures!

Brian

Link:   HYDRAULIC COUPLER KIT, REAR (2 HOSES)

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-31          95059

Chief,
Can you see if your parts guy can get the Power Beyond Kit for my 790? Do you need the Serial Number? Can he drop.
Thanks! ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-31          95061

bmlekki,

Here is Ricky's number at Hutson Ag: 1-800-726-7172 Ask for Ricky in Parts. Tell him Randy sent you and that your are a Tractor Point website member. Ricky I am sure will accomodate your needs and take care of you in a very professional manor as well as sell the parts at a discount price. He has drop shipped many items for me from Deere and I am sure he can do the same for you.

No sense in me being the middle man and confusing things when you can talk to him direct. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-31          95069

Did you try giving Ricky a call? ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-31          95073

Yes I have
Great Guy!

We're trying to track down a kit. wow there scarce ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-31          95077

If anybody can find it; Ricky can. He has always been a fantastic parts support guy to deal with for me. Good luck and let us know what you finally came up with. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-31          95078

Just wanted to be sure you got through OK. I wasn't sure if the toll free number would work from your area. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-08-31          95111

Yes the number worked fine...

We called about five different dealers around the country. But there were all spoken for. So I gave Rick all my info and gave him the sale... He'll give me a call to let me know when I can expect to see it. Looking forward to get that installed!
Now I need to figure out what I've be using it for right off the bat.

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-31          95113

My guess is that Ricky will have something found and on its way to you within 24 to 48 hours if he hasn't already. ....

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
bmlekki

2004-09-16          96581

Well I got the REAR AUX. HYD. KIT, Monday evening, and had it installed an hour later. Very simple. I have only one gripe. The steel plate that you put the quick connects through, has an angle to place the flow direction sticker on, but the angle was in the wrong direction... Unfortunately I didn’t have the means to bend it back the other direction, and it didn’t matter all that much anyway..

Chief thanks a bunch, and the next time you see ricky tell him I said thanks again as well.

JD790 Rear Hydo s

View my Photos
Chief

2004-09-16          96609

bmlekki, more than welcome! Glad I was able to help out and everything worked out. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login