Go Bottom Go Bottom

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-27          92013

Signed up for my JD 4310 ehydro, mfwd, 430 loader & 72" mm mower yesterday. Wife agreed it was the thing to do. I've got a cool wife. DO I go around saying "my mower is bigger than your mower? Course, this now means my wife will be expecting the flower beds she wants now that we have a new tractor to haul dirt. New tractor is cool, but means more work. Bummer for me. At least it will be a new tractor!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-27          92015

Iowafun, Congrads on the new 4310, I'll be using mine all morning. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Frank. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-27          92019

Iowafun, you sure don't sound very excited about your new tractor purchase? Congratulations on a fine machine by the way. ;o) I think you will be much more enthusiastic about the machine once you get into using it. Make 'em give you a hat and coffe mug at least! ;o) ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-07-28          92090

Chief, don't worry, I am excited. I've been mowing over 3 acres with a 54" deck. The 72" with power behind it will make a big difference for me. I'm also looking forward to how it will clear snow. My Oliver 550 pooped out on me last winter and caused all kinds of havoc and marriage strains. Snow, Iowa, an uphill driveway, the wife's Mustang GT convertible and an uncooperative tractor is not a good combination to keep one's temper under control. I'm try to temper my emotions so my wife thinks I wanted the new tractor for logical reasons. My reasons are logical for men. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-28          92114

Buy her a Subaru! And put some Nokia Hakkapeliitta studded snow tires on all four corners. Then if the tractor gets stuck, she can pull you out. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-28          92116

Now if Subaru offered a PTO and a 3pth as an option package image the fun you could have .....

LOL.

Best of luck. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-28          92118

Hardwood - i like your new pics. Its always nice to see the person you chat with & get advice from. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-28          92171

Grasgod, after seeing me you're probably wondering why in the world does he need more weight on his tractor. Frank. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-28          92180

Hey! Some of us are built for comfort and some for speed. Thanks to DR. Adkins I only need one scale to weigh myself.

And I just made a weight bar for my tractor too.

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Wildman1

2004-07-29          92182

Iowafun..After I got my brand new 5L Mustang convertible back in '90 I drove it for 2 months when winter set in. We have a 200', 8% grade, driveway. I then parked it, bought a 4wd pickup and it hasn't seen the outside of a garage in winter since. Still have it and it's still like new. This coming winter the 'Stang will have the company of my new motorcycle.

And congrats on your new 790. I think the ideal wedding present for most folks would be a tractor...sooner or later you're gonna need one.

Mike ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-29          92183

Drankin, Dr. Atkins would probably die of a cholestreol overdose if he knew what I eat. Just got a clean bill of health from the Doc. Doc said your cholesterol is 120 and your BP is fine then he asked me what I eat, my response was most anything that gets in front of me. He said just keep doing that. The Iowa sweet corn is in its crowning glory right now along with the local farmers markets bursting with fresh green beans, cucumbers, onions, etc.. Just can't beat those fresh picked vegies. Have a great day. Frank. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-07-29          92186

The worst winter day last year was when I'm waving my arm to get the wife to drive up the driveway. She isn't moving so I walk down and start pushing her car. She sticks her head out the windows and yells that she's not stuck. I'm like if you aren't stuck then get up the driveway! She says she can't. What the $%#%??? As a man, I had failed to consider the possibility of not getting up the driveway not being the same thing as stuck. I still get the connection. But I pushed her up the driveway while trying not to get large rocks shot in my legs by the spinning tires.

The Iowa sweet corn tastes pretty good right now. Had two ears of it last night. Mmmmm...

Getting pretty impatient waiting for the new toy, 4310. A 72" mower!! Much better than the 54" I've been using to mow about 3 acres. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-29          92198

The wives do have their own brand of logic.

Hardwood: What you are on is called the SeeFood Diet. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-29          92202

Logic ??????

You're kidding right?

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-29          92206

It makes perfect sense to them. One speaks, and they all nod.

All the guys look the same too..... sitting there scratching their heads like something really itches. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Murf

2004-07-29          92214

And all this time I thought guys scratched their heads like that because of the tingle caused by their hair standing on end (at least those of us who aren't folicly-challenged) from trying to find the logic in what was just said by the ladies .... Oh dopey me. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-07-29          92250

LOL....we should change this sites name to Humorpiont.com ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
elderbo

2004-07-29          92256

congrats!
I am always glad to see a fellow Deereman with a new toy. Enjoy! ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-07-30          92267

New toy!! I can't wait for it's arrival. I'm so looking forward to having a big mower and the power to drive it. The reliability of a new machine. The shine of a new machine!! Oh yeah... ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-30          92318

I don't know if Dr. Atkins can take any more stress but there is a big pot of FRESH IOWA SWEET CORN boiling on the stove as I speak that was still on the stalk an hour ago, and being I'm on the SEE FOOD Diet I'll just keep eating it till I can't see any more of it. Wowzer that's good stuff. Frank. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-30          92320

I have pork ribs on the barbe and red beans & rice on the stove.

Geez, that sweet corn would slide right on to the plate between them. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-07-30          92325

Hey Frank, can I come over for some? The last "sweet" corn I got up here tasted like bad field corn. :( Haven't been able to find any good stuff around here for a couple years now.

I used to go to the same farmer's market for it for years, always top shelf!! Unfortunately, our beloved farmer has passed on. ....

Sigh Now I ve done it

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-07-30          92330

Just finished up 5, count em FIVE ears of that Iowa gold, still lickin the butter off my face like an old dog. Even after all that corn I think I could make room for a few of those ribs. AV8R I'll bet the Wisconsin corn has been contaminated by all the cheese that surrounds you. We finally surrendered in the battle of "The Farmer challenges the Raccoon Sweet corn Battle", so we buy it at a farmers market too. We drove from Decorah Ia. to Rochester, Minnesota today and saw lots of sweet corn stands along the road. but then too the Minnesota corn might be contaminated by Ludefisk. Enjoy those ribs and beans. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login