Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rotary Cutter for JD 2210

View my Photos
mowhoward
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-24          91796

I'm wanting to get 48" rotary cutter for my 2210.
It will primarily be used for occasional cutting of tall field grass, and small clearings in the woods. I have cut with, and have access to, an '8 foot Bush Hog and an old Allis D17, so I wont be needing heavy cutting capability with the smaller cutter. I think anything bigger for the 2210 will be pushing it due to limited PTO HP (17.5) and the extended length which would create a need for more weight in the front of the tractor.

Does anybody have the JD LX series rotary cutter? I believe I can get a JD LX4 or a 48" Land Pride cutter locally. I haven't priced them yet. I saw an LX4 awhile back, but have not personally seen a Land Pride RC. I'm assuming the LX4 will cost more being that it is painted green. Are the LX's worth the money? How about Land Prides? As I stated before, I need something only for light duty, but don't want to buy junk, either.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-24          91799

Mow, have you looked at the 44 inch cutters Corriher has? Your other option might be to check out your local TSC, Rural King, or Coop.

Link:   RC15-44 44" Rotary Cutter

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-24          91800

Only thing that I don't like about these is the crappy blade tip speed (9139 FPM) but the 4 ft. all seem to have a low blade tip speed. ....

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-07-24          91801

Chief,

I had looked at a RC at a farm supply store awhile back. I believe it was a King (not Keen) Cutter. And, if I recall, it was too big for my machine. I'll run by there again. I have considered going through Corriher, but I've found out through past correspondence (about a box blade and core aerator) that I will get dinged pretty good on the shipping costs, as well as the logistics of unloading the unit(s) at the freight terminal. ....

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-07-24          91803

Chief, the LX4 blade tip speed is 11,440 FPM, about 20% greater than the one from Corriher. ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-07-24          91831

I've got an LX4 for my 2210--works pretty good for maintaining "open" fields. I go through about 3-4 times per year--the tallest grasses are about 6 feet high, with assorted other stuff. In low range there is minimal engine lugdown. Also cleared some good size sapling/small trees last fall and the LX4 went right through them. ....

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-07-25          91858

b8fish,

Do you have the IMatch on your 3pt? I have read that some 2210 owners have had their PTO break because is wasn't the right length when using a 3pt implement. Did you have to cut your shaft down? ....

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-07-25          91879

Mo--I do have the iMatch, did not cut the shaft. I have not noticed any extra length issues with the LX4 shaft (maybe the dealer cut it prior to delivery?? I'll check with them next time I'm in)Todd ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2004-07-25          91885

a 42" brush hog is really what the 2210 can handle. The 48" models are pushing its limits on power. Shame you don't live closer to me. I got a mint 42" landpride for sale. see clasifieds. ....

View my Photos
mowhoward

2004-07-26          91901

Thanks for the heads up on the size. I'd prefer the 48", but since what I'll be using it for does not have to be done quickly or in one day, I'm sure the smaller RC will be easier on the tractor.

b8fish, the shaft problem might just be something on the earlier production 2210's. I'll talk to the dealer about it, as I don't have the iMatch. ....

View my Photos
dan_edge

2005-06-08          112086

I haven't used one, but the dealer info they gave me said you must use iMatch and msut have the loader on for front ballast if using the LX4 on a 2210

-Dan ....

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-06-08          112092

I have used the following on a 2210, Woods M4 (48"), Rural King Wallace brand (48"), Mowhawk 42" and John Deere 413 on a 2210. Of the units, I would not again purchase a Wallace brand, poor blade tip speed and gives a terrible cut, next would be the Mowhawk (heck I will sell it) is a good unit, but I wanted to cover the wheels and feel the Woods M4 and 413 are a good fit. The only think I don't like about the 413 is weight, it's HEAVY. ....

View my Photos
poorboy

2022-07-06          201197

What shaft did you use to hook up to the Woods 4'brush hog? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login