Go Bottom Go Bottom

430 loader specs question for KW

View my Photos
WPHill
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-20          91399

KW, trying to find out loader specs on your 430 loader so I can compare it to my loader. Spoke to Borgford grapple and I like the grapple but am concerned with the weight on the BG5. So if you could get me or direct me where to go to find out the lift capacities on your loader, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-07-20          91438

Sure. I got these numbers from the JD sales brochure:

Maximum lift height at pivot pin: 101.4"
Reach at max. height: 26"
Dump angle: 43 degrees
Rollback angle: 23 degrees
Breakout force at pivot pin: 3299 foot lbs.
Lift capacity at pivot pin (at max height): 1261 lbs.
Loader raising time: 2.9 secs.
Loader lowering time: 2.4 secs.
Bucket dump time: 1.6 secs.
Bucket rollback time: 2.2 secs.

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-21          91528

KW, my lift capacity at pivot pin is 1345. I guess I would be alright with the BG5. The BG5 weighs 600 lbs, it just sounds like alot, compared to the 1345 total lift. It's almost half my lift capacity. Any input from you would be greatly appreciated. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-21          91545

600 lbs does seem like a lot, but I've never had trouble lifting anything with it. Probably the heaviest thing lifted were logs maybe 14" diameter and maybe 8-10 feet in length but I'm not sure how much they weighed. It picked those up fine. Lift capacity doesn't seem to tell the whole story. Much of the utility of the grapple is in picking stuff up without leaving the tractor seat, like stumps, slash, etc. A lot of that doesn't require big lift capacity. Keep in mind that the stumps I deal with aren't giant hardwood stumps but relatively small douglas fir stumps.

What are you planning to use yours for? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-07-21          91548

I think that when loaders are rated they are rated for what they will lift at max height and the lifting curve is not linear.

I have lifted almost twice the rated weight with my loader but it pooped out about a foot off the ground. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-21          91549

That sounds about right. The lift capacity given in the book is at max height. I still don't completely understand the difference between lift capacity and breakout force, which is nearly three times higher. ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-21          91577

Now that you ask what I'am planning on lifting, and I think about it. Your right, not that much. Brush, construction debris, small trees, small clearing jobs. So I think I'll be okay. As for breakout force, I'am not sure either, but mine was 1139 lbs less than yours. I wish I would have went with the LA723 vice the LA513. DR your right too. Now that I think about, it I know I have exceeded the 1345. Thanks for the input, and if you find out about breakout let me know. ....

View my Photos
JParker

2004-07-22          91683

Wouldn't you only loose the difference in weight between the grapel & the stock bucket? Not the full 600#.

I assume the stock bucket weight is in the loader manual or maybe on the Deere site. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-22          91684

JParker, that's a good point. The 430 loader manual says the 61" bucket is 189 lbs, but it doesn't say if that's the standard or HD bucket. ....

View my Photos
Hawk08
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-07-22          91688

When you get a chance, I would like to talk to you about your JD 4310. I am looking to purchase a tractor at he end of the summer and am seriously confused about which 'color' machine to buy. I reviewed your pics (even the rollover :(...) and it seems like you have a nice set up. Any suggestions would help ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-22          91689

Hawk, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. We can do it here or via email. ken at qsolv dot com. I'm gonna sign off for tonight though, and won't be online this weekend so maybe next week. Plenty of others here can tell you of their experiences as well with all the brands. ....

View my Photos
WPHill

2004-07-23          91694

JParker, that right, I've been subtracting the difference between the two. I have a friend you just bought a Loflin grapple which is a 60", so in the next week or so, I'am gonna hook up to it to get in idea of how it will be. Hawk, go to the boomer board and read "My experience with New Holland" or titled to that effect. It's a eye opener by far, but the bottom line, find a dealer you can deal with no matter what color you buy. Ken have a good weekend. Thanks for the input. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login