Go Bottom Go Bottom

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Mikef54
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-19          88901

My 4310 was delivered Thursday P.M. Beautiful Machine!!Will now be spending the next several weeks familiarizing myself with all the controls and reading all the manuals.Here are the specs: 4310 ehydro, MFWD, turfs, 430 FEL w/ HD quicktatch bucket and replaceable cutting edge, 48 BH w/ 18" bucket, MX5 cutter, 59' front mount snowblower, quicktatch ATI forks, weight box, imatch hitch,55 amp alternator, extra lights front and rear, and switched backup alarm. Now it's time to play, err, I mean go to work!!!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-20          88930

Congrats on the new back and heart saver. Enjoy the machine. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-20          88942

Congrats on the new machine! I'm sure you'll love it.

Be sure to keep an eye on the rear wheel lug nut flange and keep those lug nuts tight! My dealer told me when they install a 48 hoe on a 4310/4410 they always reinforce that wheel flange to prevent the bolt holes from wallowing out. Not sure if your dealer did this or not but I figure if you keep the bolts tightened to spec you will avoid this issue entirely. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Mikef54

2004-06-20          88947

Ken, the dealer did tell me to keep an eye on the lugs, he said they do have a habit of loosening up. I will have to ask about reinforcing the flange though, thanks for the heads up!
Harvey, thanks, the ole' back and the ticker ain't what they used to be, and due to shoulder injuries it is getting harder and harder to bulldog attachments to hook onto the 3 point, thus the i match setup, Besides, with all the medical problems, it was like getting a note from the doctor, ordering me to buy this "back and heart saver"!!!! Even the wife thinks it's a good idea-- she even wrote the check :)!!! Thanks all, Mike.

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-20          88951

Mike, there's one other area to keep an eye on. The battery is in front of the radiator and on hot days it may outgas some. If if that happens the fan draws the gas through the rad and oil cooler which can lead to corrosion. You might ask your dealer for a new battery vent cap that vents through a tube that extends out the bottom of the tractor. The dealer gave me one which fixed that problem up just fine. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Mikef54

2004-06-20          88960

Ken, Yes I have been following that thread and the battery is is on my list of "things to keep a very close eye on".
Thanks, Mike. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-06-21          89000

Geezzzz....there's just always issues with a Deere isn't there? :P ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-06-21          89017

The battery issue is true of any brand that has it mounted in front of the radiator. NH and many others have it mounted in the same location. All machines have maintenance issues, and if they are ignored it can lead to problems. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Chief

2004-06-21          89022

Mike congratulations on a buying a fine machine. Nicely accessorized too I might add! ;o) Ken already mentioned to 2 main things to keep an eye on. Do you plan on doing the 50 hr. break in service yourself? Anyhow, enjoy! Definitiely a back and heart saver! ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Mikef54

2004-06-21          89056

Thanks Chief, I think I will have the dealer do the 50 hr. service. They are truly a great bunch of folks, and are extremely knowledgeable, always helpful, and almost always have the parts I need no matter how obscure! Yes I did get lots of bells and whistles too! Block and trans. heaters(wired to one plug), they welded a couple of hooks on the FEL bucket, and installed rearview mirrors. I had a switch put on the backup alarm because I will probably only need it at my neighbors house, they have small children. Mike. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
thomasp

2004-07-30          92280

I am looking to buy a new JD 4310 with front loader and scraper box, how much off of MSRP should I push for? ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
thomasp

2004-07-30          92282

I am looking to buy a new JD 4310 with front loader and scraper box, how much off of MSRP should I push for? ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-07-30          92283

It seems the average discount is around 10-15%, but some have gotten 20% or more. It depends on the area, dealer, and what might be in stock. I'd push for 25% off and go from there. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-07-30          92289

I just went through the search for a 4310. The dealers I contacted averaged about 11-12% discount on the initial quote. One didn't even quote. Look at the setup fees. That's where one made up for his "generous" discount. Even though two quotes came within $100 of each other, the one was about $800 higher in setup fees. So I didn't go with him. The local guy and I settled at about 15% and very little for shipping and freight. I was fine with the agreed price as it met my goals and I didn't piss of the dealer as I will need him for future service and parts. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
thomasp

2004-07-30          92291

So far, the best deal in Arizona I can get is 10% off MSRP on the 4310, what about ordering from another state and saving on the 8.1% sales tax?? ouch.... thanks for the info, Tom. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
slmtolake

2004-08-03          92567

I purchased my 4310 in March. Love it except it burns my feet. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-03          92572

Simtolake, I've heard that hot foot comment once before but I must say I don't understand it. Are you driving barefoot or in sandals? I always wear work boots when operating my 4310 and have never noticed hot feet. If it's exhaust heat moving rearward toward your feet JD does sell a vertical exhaust kit that would relocate the exhaust flow up and away from the floorboard. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-03          92574

Again regarding the hot-foot issue, I just remembered that I have a spark arrestor on my 4310. It extends the exhaust by a few inches, maybe that's enough to mitigate the heat problem. You might look into one, they're less than $20 IIRC. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-03          92608

Hot feet huh? Thats wierd.

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-03          92612

Hot feet ? Are you using the brakes to stop or the old Fred Flinstone method of stopping the tractor?

Sorry folks, I couldn't resist that one.

Best of luck. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-03          92635

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! You really had me roaring there MURF! ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
goose 1

2004-08-04          92669

Guys,
This machine gets hot. I mow with shoes, socks and long pants. I recorded 118 degrees blowing on my feet. The dealer suggested I take the side pannels off and that helps some. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-04          92674

Both Mark & I seem to have rather an irregular sense of humour, sometimes it works, some times it don't.

Actually I would be surprised if taking the side panels off would help much in the long run, in fact the engine will run cooler with them on since it concentrates the air flow where it's supposed to go.

I would take a few minutes to trace the source of the heat and redirect it. When the machine gets warm, have someone sit in the operators position and roll the macjhine ahead at a creep and see if you can determine if it is coming from the engine, motor or chassis.

If it is the exhaust a short extension or bent tip may just make all the difference. We had that problem with some of our earlier Kubotas, they had a vertical stack that was designed with operators of an 'Asian stature' in mind, when a six footer ran the machine it would dump the exhaust in their face if they sat straight up. A short extension fixed it.

Best of luck. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-04          92677

I think the Deere 790 is still built with asian operators in mind.

And there is nothing wrong with MY sense of humor :}

Are you getting "she who must be obeyed" one of those off-road golf carts???

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-04          92678

118 degrees! Dam. I guess you really do have hot feet. Try running a deisel additive in the fuel. I put some in my kubota last week for experiment reasons & noticed the machine ran cooler & consumed less fuel. Cant hurt to try, the stuff was cheap. I bought it at a truck stop. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-04          92680

There's nothing wrong with our two size 8 heads either, there just not the same as everyone else's .... ;-P

I was surprised at how much headroom there is in the cab of my Kubotas, except it drops down abruptly right in front of the operators position to form a dashboard of sorts, if you are not wearing a seatbelt and hit a bump going forwards & up is rather painfull.

I thought all golf carts were for off-road use, golf balls have a wicked bounce on pavement....

Golf cart yes, stock for now, at least that's how I took "Keep your hands off it, your not going to what you did to your truck to MY new golf cart!".

"We" are still deciding between manufacturers and gas & electric, luckily the two main distributors are friends of mine, the place looks like we're having a tournament with all the demo carts around here. Maybe I should organize a guided tour, the snowmobile trails are right at my back door, a little golf cart safari test drive and have the neighbours over for a BBQ.

BTW Mark, can I send you some of our rain, please? It has rained so much this year I'm still having the grass cut twice a week.

Best of luck. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-04          92682

goose_1, are you talking about the NH 1725 you have on your profile or a JD 4310? ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
goose 1

2004-08-05          92793

I traded my 1725 in March for a new JD 4310 ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-05          92805

I bushhogged with my 4310 for a couple hours today and paid extra attention to heat around the floorboard. Under some turning and wind conditions I felt a whiff of hot exhaust at my left foot but this didn't happen very often. If the heat you're feeling is mostly on the left foot I bet the spark arrestor would reduce it a bit. For about $20 it would be a cheap thing to try. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Iowafun

2004-08-06          92849

kwschumm, just in case, where did you get your spark arrestor? My new 4310 is due to arrive next week. I've been very, very negligent in my mowing duuties so it will get worked right away. If it gets hot, I'll be wanting to try that spark arrestor pretty quickly.

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-06          92869

The spark arrestor is a JD part. They are required by law here when working in woodlands and the dealers carry 'em. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-06          92887

If they are required by law, shouldn't they come on the machine standard? How could you ever get cited by an officer without one? ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
Murf

2004-08-06          92889

In almost every jurisdiction there are regulations about certain required safety items for working in the bush, spark arrestors included. They usually apply to anything with an infernal combustion engine, dirt bikes, chain saws, quads, or tractors.

However, that doesn't mean very many people are aware of those regulations or abide by them.

I'm sure you will find CT is the same.

Getting caught is usually VERY expensive, usually how it works is a fire gets started, somebody doesn't have the spark arrestor on a machine and it starts a fire, the fire gets put out and the offender gets the bill for putting out the fire, anything lost in the fire, including every single tree, and or house(s) and the labour & equipment time to do it.

Best of luck. ....

New 4310 is here

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-08-06          92892

Here they're only required on equipment when working in the forests. Somebody with a couple of acres of grass to mow isn't in violation without one. IMHO all equipment should have them as standard equipment, but they don't. Some manufacturers don't even have them available. They weren't available from Kubota on the 3130's when I was shopping, but I think they have them now. If a manufacturer doesn't offer them an aftermarket one can usually be installed. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login