Go Bottom Go Bottom

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
ROBOHA
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-08          79240

WHAT OTHER BRANDS OF IMPLEMENTS FOR THE JD QUICK HITCH
FOR THE 4110?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-08          79241

Probably 1/3 to 1/2 of implement manufacturers make I-Match compatible implements. Just ask 'em when shopping! They sometimes charge a bit more. Those that aren't I-Match compatible can often be modified for $50 at a local welding shop.

By the way, it's a lot easier to read posts when you type in lower case. All upper case is considered to be "yelling". ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
jbs

2004-03-12          79679

Check out the worksaver quickhitch QH-101. It has an adjustable top hook to compensate for implements not made to spec. I have one on order and can't wait to try.

www.rankin.com ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-12          79682

I've had three implements that weren't iMatch compatible and an adjustable top hook wouldn't have solved the incompatibility on any of them. I'm not saying an adjustable top hook doesn't add value, just that it's not a cure-all. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
jbs

2004-03-12          79686

where did you run into problems? The width? ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-12          79687

I haven't run into a problem with the width yet.

A set of Rankin pallet forks I had (that they said were iMatch compatible) hooked up, but the cams that swing out to lock the bottom pins in place hit the frame. I returned those.

The 3-point carryall I have didn't have enough clearance between the top pin and the carryall frame to insert the hook. It only had about an inch of clearance. I had that modified by a welder.

On my Jinma chipper the top pin is 18" above the bottom pins which is three inches higher than the iMatch. An adjustable top hook would have helped here except that the top pin was also set 6" further back than the bottom pins and the iMatch frame would have hit the chipper body. I'm having that modified by a welder now (if he ever finishes it).

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
jbs

2004-03-18          80328

I picked my Worksaver Quickhitch at the local Deere dealer. We compared Imatch and Worksaver (actually built by SpeeCo) side by side, QH-101 was heavyer construction with more options, Ajustable top hook, top hook adapter bracket for the backset you talked about on your chipper, and bushings. I had to cut the bushings and add a couple washers to fit the lower pins on my Rankin box blade, but no welding. I have more bushings on order for the rest of my implements. Best of all it cost less than the Imatch with more options. Definatly worth considering and you get more bang for the buck. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
Ironpeddler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-18          80352

Less than 20% of MFG's make I-Match compatible implements. I-Match should be outlawed!! It's JD trying to make it so you the consumer will have to choose only the JD implements. There is 50 years of standard use for Cat 1- 3 point hitch having a 18-20" measurement from lower lift pins to the toplink pin & JD wants to change the world to 15". They will fail. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-18          80353

I doubt that they will fail, given that my JD dealer is selling iMatch stuff hand over fist. They don't have to sell to all brands, just theirs. It seems to me that it's not a bad thing for implement manufacturers either - there's no reason why you can't make and sell iMatch stuff at a price premium. You could still sell implements for less than JD branded products, and you'd be stealing market share from them rather than letting them steal it from you. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
jbs

2004-03-18          80355

There is a set of standards that most manufactures follow. By doing this it makes it so us tractor folks can buy a gadget that saves alot of time and hassle. I think its a great idea and I'm sure it will improve as time goes on. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
Billy

2004-03-18          80357

Ironpeddler

What kind of standard is it if the measurement is 18 to 20"? That's the problem, there is no standard. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-18          80361

I do agree that Deere is trying to make people buy their implements but I also think peopke are willing to pay more for convenience. This whole problem is nothing new, quick couplers have been around in the farm industry for years with implements being different widths. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
ROBOHA

2004-03-19          80384

WELL GUYS I SURE HOPE MY BEFCO 48" BOX SCRAPER WILL WORK WITH THE I MATCH QUICK HITCH! MY DEALER SENT ME A JD BULLETIN TELLING ME THE FRONTIER VERSION WAS 110 DAY WAIT SO MY SALESMAN TOLD ME THAT BEFCO WAS BETTER AND HE COULD GET IT IN A WEEK HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT IT WOULD WORK WITH THE QUICK HITCH! DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS COMBO? LET ME KNOW! ROBOHA ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-03-19          80389

The 15" from toplink pin to lower lift arm pins is the critical measurement. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
lovefarmalls

2004-04-08          82508

Ironpeddler......you are totally off on this comment. The JD iMatch hitch is not a John Deere standard. Its an ASAE standard.....S278.6 in fact and its been around since 1962. Manufacturers, John Deere included, didn't pay any attention to this standard and thats why all of us that have small tractors don't have standardized quick hitch dimentsions like our big tractor brothers. Most short line manufacturers find they can save a nickle by not not having a top link hookup.....who suffers? we do!!!! No John Deere is not trying to set a new standard, they are finally doing what every manufacturer should have been doing since 1962....adhering to the ASAE standard for Cat 1 quick hitches and implements. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-04-08          82511

At best JD is only 18% of total sales of all the compact tractors sold. Less than 20% of JD customers opt for the I-Match system. The market demand is so small for I-Match implements even many JD 550 Tillers and many Frontier implements do not work with I-Match. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-08          82515

I'm looking at a JD implement compatibility chart that says the 550, 660, and 770 tillers are I-Match compatible. Although not all Frontier implements are I-Match compatible the mostpopular ones are. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-04-08          82521

According to JD only 550,660,770,&780 tillers MFG after May 03 are compatible with iMatch. The Howard MFG tillers are to be replaced with Sicma MFG tillers. ....

I MATCH QUICK HITCH

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-04-08          82522

It seems, then, that if the newer implements are being made to I-Match specs that JD (and thus Frontier) are moving in the direction of making most of their stuff I-Match compatible. That's good news indeed! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login