Go Bottom Go Bottom

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Wade B
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-18          77235

Has anyone ever seen a front fender kit for a JD 4300? Tired of snow/mud splatter. Any information would be appreciated. If not Lets make One...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4300 front fender

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-18          77250

I've never seen one for this or any CUT. Deere does make front fenders for some of the larger farm style tractors. I'm sure you could fabricate one quite easily after looking at a bigger unit for the concept. Believe it turns with the wheel, kinda like a "Plymouth Prowler". You could start with a basic trailer fender.

Do you have the capability to make a pair? If not, what do you think it would be worth painted JD green and all? I could design one and fab it up in our shop.

Would anyone else like one for their model of tractor? ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-18          77252

I would be interested pete but I am going to have to take a look at the front axle to figure a way to mount the fenders so they turn with the tire. I looked up some larger 5000 series tractors and they don't have them either. The fenders for the larger tractors are just too large. The trailer fender was what came to mind for me too. ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-18          77253

If the goal is to keep mud spatter off the operator I'd think it would be easier to rig up some sort of a shield that mounted behind the loader arms. ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Peters

2004-02-18          77254

There was one CUT that that had a metal loop that went from the edge of the deck to the top or the dash. They had a Plexi or Lexan panel in there that gave some protection. Not sure that it would protect all the way.

In real muddy applications I would be afraid of the mud building up under the fender and bending it. ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Wade B

2004-02-18          77256

I have been searching for several weeks for fenders... I have looked high and low for something similar to the factory fenders on larger JD tractors. I am going to talk to a guy and have him look at making me a molded fender that resembles the factory JD fender (Injected plastic). Would anyone else be interested in them if it all works? The costs on the first set may be costly.. I think there is a good market for this. I just can't believe that JD can't figure it out. Love all your comments. Thanks Wade ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-18          77257

Are you sure there's clearance for front fenders? Esp. with a MMM I'd think it would be real tight. ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Wade B

2004-02-18          77259

No doubt it’s going to take some thinking and fabricating to make it work but the old saying where there's a will there's a way... ....

4300 front fender

View my Photos
harvey

2004-02-19          77275

Now there is a good idea!

I'm aaaahhhh thinkin a shorter "hotrod" style with a bracket U bolted to the tie rod bar might be the ticket.

4300 front fender

View my Photos
grinder

2004-02-19          77279

How about a mud flap, no fender, suspended on a piece of steel coming of the frame? Spring mount base? I have seen it on trucks. 3/4 x1/4 thick on edge.
I use tractor trailer flaps on my pick ups. 24x36 cut in half. 12.00 a pair, rugged and they stay soft in the winter.Don't tractor trailer flaps spring mount?
I would think fenders and mounting brackets would be prone to brush and tall grass getting caught?
Maybe make something removable for certain jobs?

4300 front fender

View my Photos
Murf

2004-02-19          77285

We've done lots of them in the past. There are two ways to do it, neither would be suitable for a 'universal' fit because of the wide variety of configurations.

The first is a formed plastic fender (covering the wheel from 12 o'clock and back down to about 4 o'clock), already available for full-size farm tractors, which mounts 'outboard' on the hub and follows the wheel as it steers and rises and falls with the axle. These are usually a real bear to fit to a CUT, but it can be done nicely with a lot of patience.

The second way is to mount a flexible rubber flap to a frame mounted to either the tractor frame or FEL frame and stays in a fixed position. This is the 'down 'n' dirty' way to do it. The theory is to just make a big enough obstacle that splatter can't make it past.

The nicest 'homemade' ones I've seen were made from plastic trailer fenders for a single axle unit. They are readily available, cheap and easy to work with. Being flexible also makes them more forgiving in use.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login