Go Bottom Go Bottom

top and tilt

View my Photos
tk_csa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-12          76729

I am looking at a top and tilt kit for my 4700. My concern is that the JD OEM kit does not have check valves on either cylinder, and like a loader, will eventually drop from fluid bypass on the SCV's etc. This obviously would be a real pain and require constant adjustment of the implement. Anyone out there using OEM JD top & tilt and have you experienced any "drift" on either cylinder when using it?

As an alternative I'm considering a kit from Integration Engineering (thanks Mark Carter, candcmachinery.com)

Link:   Integration Engineering

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

top and tilt

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-12          76730

Check valves usually have very little to do with cylinders releasing gradually under load.

It is most often the cylinder itself that lets fluid past the seals. Check valves won't do anything in that case.

Best of luck. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-12          76732

I have JD OEM Top-N-Tilt on my 4310 and haven't noticed any drift at all. However I must say with all the hills around here I adjust fairly often anyway. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-02-13          76780

I just got my top and tilt installed yesterday by a dealer handles both Kubota and Deere.

He didn't express much confidence in Deere's hydraulic cylinders and replaces them as necessary with other brands that exhibit fewer leak-down problems.

The kit they installed yesterday came from Gearmore. I didn't get a chance to unload the trailer yesterday, consequently, I have had a tie down strap putting pressure on the top-link all night.

There has been no observable movement. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-13          76786

Mark, you're gonna be hooked. As has been said, once you've had Top-and-Tilt you'll never go back :) ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-02-13          76788

I'm gonna go get that baby off the trailer right now and play with it and the new rear blade. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
jbarrett

2004-02-13          76792

I have a 2000 JD 4700 with a Gannon top link cylinder, it works pretty well, however it does leak down a bit. JD does offer an inline restricter that will slow the leaking. The tractor does preform well, I like the way the engine runs and the Hydro trans is ideal, however the hydraulics need work. The tractor has over 600 hours, it is used mainly for box blade and loader work. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
Murf

2004-02-13          76803

Mark, did I miss something here or did you go undercover as DRankin?

Have fun with the hydraulic link.

Best of luck. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-02-13          76816

Murf.... yes,new ID I will e-mail details.

Top and tilt is a disaster at the moment. Bent the top link and cracked a fitting on the tilt link. Back to square one. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-13          76818

Wow, that stinks big-time! I wonder whats different between the OEM setup and the Gearmore setup? ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-02-14          76831

On the top link:

It has a square shank instead of a round knuckle and the new Gearmore rear blade has short square seat for the top link to fit into instead of a long vertical slot.

Near the end of the rod travel the shank hit the seat and the rod bent.

The fix? A new cylinder and a different mounting bracket for this particular piece of equipment. If they weld a new bracket out ahead of the main beam it will give the link room to operate without binding. None of my other implements will require any modifications.

On the tilt cylinder:

As the rock shaft swings up it swings under a seat bracket. The hydraulic hose travels on the rear side of the bracket while the cylinder travels on the front side of the bracket.

When the lift arms got spread about as wide as the rear tires there wasn't enough clearance and the hose got peeled off the cylinder and cracked an elbow fitting.

The fix here is a new fitting and a longer hose which will be routed downward for a few inches before it turns upward to the control valve.

There is another issue that I want opinions on that I will address separately. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2004-02-14          76834

Take a look at the Terrain Contour Control System available from Integration Engineering. Complete Kit with all the hoses and joy stick control. $1,250 ....

Link:   Terrain Contour Control

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors top and tilt

top and tilt

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-14          76839

What does the TCC system do operationally that is different than Top-And-Tilt? Under the "key benefits" section of the Integration Engineering link I didn't see any major operator advantages over TnT. It might well be a great product, but this a name like "Terrain Countour Control" I'd think it would offer some automatic functionality which I didn't see there. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
mav7768

2004-03-12          79662

I've ordered a 4310 w/ 47BH and i-match. Going to take delivery next week. I called today and asked what it would cost to add OEM's TnT and I was quoted $750.00. Is this reasonable?

top and tilt

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-12          79664

I paid a lot more than that, but not sure what options are already included on your tractor. The invoice breakdown I have shows that the electric diverter valve, two additional SCVs, and TnT kit added more than $2k. ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-03-13          79749

$750?? Grab it! ....

top and tilt

View my Photos
CraigC

2004-03-13          79790

$750.00 is the price Deere has on their web page, but that just includes cylinders and hoses. The kit requires the tractor to have the hydraulic diverter and remotes. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login